What will we do?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
When you think about heaven what do you think about?

I was petting my cat just now who is only 6 mo. I have her because my other cat was defecating on my floor so I put her to sleep (she was 15 yeas old but I was not about to spend the money to keep s cat alive). Then I thought about how some really advocate animals go to heaven, and I do because of the Scripture a lion lays down with a lamb....

That made me to think about how many Christians think we will work in heaven and our job depends on what kind of Christians we are here on Earth. I have had friends say to me I want to be in charge not cleaning out a horse stall.... REALLY!

When I think about heaven loopy (my cat) will be there and I will not have to work. NOT ME! I will relax for eternity and if I want to be Scriptural cast my crown when I am not in my mansion; but it's heaven so I can not get tired of that....

In all honesty what do you think heaven will be like and what do you think we will do...

Dec 12, 2013
In all honesty the only glimpses we have have been scattered throughout the bible, but we cannot forget....we will dwell on a NEW EARTH with no sea for all eternity and the city of God not made with hands will be in the midst and God will dwell with men..........by the way....the word mansion is actually dwelling places ->> translated mansions by the King Jimmy scholars....

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

I was petting my cat just now who is only 6 mo. I have her because my other cat was defecating on my floor so I put her to sleep (she was 15 yeas old but I was not about to spend the money to keep s cat alive). Then I thought about how some really advocate animals go to heaven, and I do because of the Scripture a lion lays down with a lamb....

That made me to think about how many Christians think we will work in heaven and our job depends on what kind of Christians we are here on Earth. I have had friends say to me I want to be in charge not cleaning out a horse stall.... REALLY!

When I think about heaven loopy (my cat) will be there and I will not have to work. NOT ME! I will relax for eternity and if I want to be Scriptural cast my crown when I am not in my mansion; but it's heaven so I can not get tired of that....

In all honesty what do you think heaven will be like and what do you think we will do...
Heaven will be a place of stunning, amazing joy and celebration

S

Stranger36147

Don't know what Heaven is like or what you do there, but maybe in Heaven I would actually be accepted and not shunned for being different....which I had no control over. That would be good.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
In all honesty the only glimpses we have have been scattered throughout the bible, but we cannot forget....we will dwell on a NEW EARTH with no sea for all eternity and the city of God not made with hands will be in the midst and God will dwell with men..........by the way....the word mansion is actually dwelling places ->> translated mansions by the King Jimmy scholars....
Amen i've said this a bunch of times

Eternal destiny is New Jerusalem. which DESCENDS from heaven. Rev 21!

It says somewhere in teh OT that the earth is for man to live in. But i cant find it for the life of me!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Big feast, heaps of people from all over the planet will be there, seeing Jesus face to face.

Revelation tells us the kings of the earth will bring their glory and honor into it.
So..whatever brings glory and honor will be there...the finest food, the best clothes, the most wonderful songs, everyone thing shiny and new.

It will be glorious. There will be animals and yea bonus no slavery, nobody will be bossing anyone else around in the sight of God. I think I would just be enjoying the scenery and laughing a lot and being in His presence. We not going to be servants we are His sons and daughters. GOd already got heaps of servants..his holy angels.

When God says well done good and faithful servant, enter into your rest. He means just what He says.

He's not saying well done you've now got the job which you're contracted to do for all eternity. What kind of God would that be? Sounds like a tyrant boss to me. Some peoples idea of heaven seems more akin to hell. IMHO

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hebrews 4:10 sorry

The faithful servant will be put in charge of many things enters into his masters joy..im not meaning to say this servant will have a menial job forever. Matthew 25: 23

Apr 15, 2017

I know many people want to believe that their pets, or animals from earth, will be in heaven, but it is not true.

And there is no jobs other than worshipping God, and praising Him.

Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Ecc 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

The spirit of animals go downward to the earth, and the spirit of people go to God, for animals cannot have a connection with God like a human can, and they are not included in salvation, or to live forever.

Any being in heaven is a being that has a connection to God to praise, and worship Him, not animals.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

This heaven and earth shall pass away, and be no more, and there will be a new heaven and earth, the New Jerusalem, where sin has never been, and sin will never be, and sin and rebellion will never come up again, and the saints will not remember the former earth, nor will it come to their mind, for it is associated with sin and rebellion.

That means they will not know of their family and friends, or anything to do with the earth, for to know of it would mean they would know of the sin and rebellion, which means if their mother were standing next to them, they would not even know it, and they would not know of their pets for then they would be reminded of the earth.

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

The angels have no gender, and the only thing that separates a man and a woman is the flesh, for the spirit and soul are the same, so when the saints put off the flesh, and have a glorified body in heaven, then they do not marry but are the same.

So in the new heaven and earth there is no marriage, no pets, or animals, and the angels and saints will remember nothing prior to the New Jerusalem, but will feel as if they have always been there, and nowhere else.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus has not fulfilled the role of perfect King on earth yet, for He came as a humble servant, and He will rule on earth for 1000 years, and then the law is fulfilled, and heaven and earth shall pass away, and be no more.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

The millennial reign of Christ is on this earth, and not heaven, and this earth shall pass away, and not exist anymore when the millennial reign of Christ is over, so this is not the final destination of the saints.

The LORD shall be King over all the earth, and there shall be one LORD, and His name one, which means the heathen will not acknowledge any God, or religious figure, but Jesus, and the heathen have to go up to Jerusalem year after year to worship the LORD.

So it is on this earth, and not the final destination of the saints, which is the new heaven, and earth, for there is no heathen in the New Jerusalem, the final destination of the saints.

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

So this pertains to this earth, the animals, which this earth shall pass away one day, and not exist anymore, and also the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, but there is no sucking child in the New Jerusalem, the new heaven and earth, for they are the saints are all in glorified bodies, and there is no flesh there.

This earth will not become heaven, and not the final destination of the saints, and Jesus will rule on this earth for 1000 years, which is why it speaks of animals, and the heathen, but then this heaven and earth will not exist anymore, and in new earth and heaven there is no animals, or heathen, or marriage, or knowledge of anything they did on earth, or knew on earth.

All the angels and saints will know is the New Jerusalem, the new heaven and earth, and nothing prior to that.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
'Within Heavens Gates' by Rebecca R Springer is a vision she saw while in a comatose state. The Word does say we will dream dreams and see visions.
It's absolutely beautiful and there are certain things she states she couldn't reveal.
And YES we will have the pets will loved, there,= why wouldn't we.
There's a three hour free audio book online.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
People will "work" in heaven. That's just a minor part but there was work in the garden of eden before the fall.

Genesis 2:15 the Lord took the man and put him in the garden to work it and keep it.

There's nothing wrong with work. It's our sinful side and world that makes us stressed, anxious, scared, etc. That part won't exist and everything will go well. Lol

God works all the time. He constantly keeps things in motion, listens and answers our prayers, creates, etc. God doesn't get get "bored." That's a human emotion. Yet even if we got to fly and relax for all eternity we would be bored unless we understand the truth. To be content in all circumstances.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
People will "work" in heaven. That's just a minor part but there was work in the garden of eden before the fall.

Genesis 2:15 the Lord took the man and put him in the garden to work it and keep it.

There's nothing wrong with work. It's our sinful side and world that makes us stressed, anxious, scared, etc. That part won't exist and everything will go well. Lol

God works all the time. He constantly keeps things in motion, listens and answers our prayers, creates, etc. God doesn't get get "bored." That's a human emotion. Yet even if we got to fly and relax for all eternity we would be bored unless we understand the truth. To be content in all circumstances.
The lady in 'Within Heaven's Gate' said they have 'duties' in Heaven, pleasant things they look forward to doing.

Nov 26, 2012
I hope there is ping pong.

What I picture that will happen is quite different than most of the previous posters. First of all we don’t reside in Heaven. We are on earth with Christ. When the earth passes away then recreated, we go to live on new earth.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
Don't know what Heaven is like or what you do there, but maybe in Heaven I would actually be accepted and not shunned for being different....which I had no control over. That would be good.
All of us here on Earth, that are saved, are not accepted. We are shunned, made front of some even killed. The Bible tells us over and over that we are just sojourners, this is not our home.... I think if Earth feels like "home" and you (general you) fit in with the "world" maybe should take a closer look your walk (again general your not you personally).

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
We are a peculiar people, set apart, a royal priesthood...we have a hope thats within us and a promise from God.

Personally for me it will be a joy to garden in paradise/heaven..no weeds!
As for animals yes, well Jesus will be riding a horse. There are animals in heaven.

When God first made the earth, he made all the animals and plants first for us to look after. When God saved Noah and his family, he saved their animals as well.

Anyone who thinks we may not need animals obviously doesnt live in the country and cant see how valuable they are to us. There is a reason why Jesus is called the Lamb of God. And why God is referred to as the good Shepherd. Definietly expect to see a lot of sheep in heaven/paradise.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Ecc 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

The spirit of animals go downward to the earth, and the spirit of people go to God
That's shaky basis to say there are no animals in the resurrection. Solomon is asking 'who knows?' not making a doctrinal statement about the fate of their spirit - the doctrinal statement is in verse 20, a reiteration of verse 18 - He tests us to show us that we are just like animals, insofar as we all face death in the flesh. That we should put our trust in Him.
And will you say, the animals do not hope in Him? The scripture would contradict you if you do:

Psalms 104:27
All creatures look to You to give them their food at the proper time.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The LORD shall be King over all the earth, and there shall be one LORD, and His name one, which means the heathen will not acknowledge any God, or religious figure, but Jesus, and the heathen have to go up to Jerusalem year after year to worship the LORD.
Why call them heathen if they are worshippers of the One True God?

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
So it is on this earth, and not the final destination of the saints, which is the new heaven, and earth, for there is no heathen in the New Jerusalem, the final destination of the saints.

This earth will not become heaven, and not the final destination of the saints, and Jesus will rule on this earth for 1000 years, which is why it speaks of animals, and the heathen, but then this heaven and earth will not exist anymore, and in new earth and heaven there is no animals, or heathen, or marriage, or knowledge of anything they did on earth, or knew on earth.

All the angels and saints will know is the New Jerusalem, the new heaven and earth, and nothing prior to that.
This post is honestly interesting.... (the whole thing but could not quote it all because of the 1000 character limit.... I have been saved since 1991 ad have never understood the 1000 year regain and heaven... I am a literal believer of the Bible; so I know both are true....

Where did you learn this?

My question is does G-d wait 1000 years for the Great White Throne Judgement? Or what happens to these people that are not cast into the lake of fire at the judgement if G-d does not wait 1000 years, are they going into the lake of fire too?