What WiWHAT's Stopping You?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

WHAT ! Essentially, the question is this: WHAT is stopping you?

What? You? Ready? --------------

Can we wrap your answers around these three questions and the bigger, one, underlying theme, question?

What? God?

(ha! U thought U could say 'Oh my, God, I will know when my God gives me the go-ahead.' Nope. U can't . That is a given for all believers, right).

Duh, of course, God is stopping you. We not marrieds MUST have His approval (and, you thought ALL you needed was your parent(s) blessing, LOL) .

So, what? And, sure you can use scripture for your answers, God wants us to use His truth.

I am just saying....

We already know that marriage won't be yielded to us unless God blesses that heavenly unión with a green light.

So, what more will it take for YOU to be ready for marriage? What's got you STOPPED! Talk theory. Talk practicality. Talk your self. Talk, of course, spirituality, just keep in mind we already know 'God' is in your answer foremost, at least He best be :) __________________

God bless you, miladies and, not my dudes :D

Pray before what you say, no bleeding hearts unless you feel led to be bled.

Let the Lord lead. The Lord leads. :)

L

Liz01

I would like to marry now but it totally depends on Gods will.

But in the past when marriage was in my mind what stopped me was:

- I really was enjoying to do what i wanted when i wanted, i have never lived a wild life lol actually im very calm but i used to love freedom :D , now i think i have enjoyed it enough lol

- To see the bad marriages of the people have made me think a lot, when i hear someone that feels lonely inside their marriage or that someone cheated their spouse i need to do an effort to still want to be married

- I was very scared in the past to submit to a husband who take bad decisions, now i know that a christian husban will be leaded by God and i have learned to accept mistakes of others (and mine too)

Maybe I needed to learn about those things and grow in my faith. God has his own time for everything and in my life he has been very wise :)

G

GreenNnice

My sis recently referred to me as, ''having a peculiar way.'' I asked her what she meant. She said that I have a way of keeping things private. I believe that is how I should be. I do not like to share horrible things, or things about anyone else's personal business. I share my own personal business only with those I know I can trust and know they will not spread it to others. I choose non judgmental people to share with. People who I know will not condemn me, but uplift me. And, with those precious few, I will share everything. I take the, ''pearls before swine", message pretty literally.

Sorry. Got off on my own little tangent with that..has been on my mind today and #8, along with Julianna's response, really hit home. TY Zan and Julianna :)
----
Girls do two things really well....

Shop and gossip.

Both of which STOP them from going into a fruitful engagement relationship?

You bet !

--And do guys got things they do too that just upset the reality of being able to get on with a full-bodied relationship that COULD lead to engagement , and, then, marriage?

You bet.

---()---notice, U don't mention God, for I need not, IF a guy you are going with hears private things he told you told to your best friends , then common sense tells you, so does Proverbs, that speaks of 'gossip' with disdain, 'slander,' too, is in that good Solomon book. :)

I can quote a TON of scriptures of bad, perverse talk not a good thing to do , and, will have consequences.

Ladies, gents, rumors, gossip, slander, ALL will stop you from marriage, and, selfish acts, like shopping, need to be quelled when a guy you like doesn't want to spend time watching you spend money (especially 'his') in some store.
+-----+
There, I just got my thread off the ground for you, how about some practical examples, girls, of a guy who quit going with you cuz all you did was shop, with him, or, without him ?

And, guys, are you watching March Madness sports b-ball now when she wants to spend time with yoy doing something (ANYTHING!) else ?

I will leave you with the confidence of maybe getting an idea of how to go forward with serious relationship goals. The Lord leads, as I said before, and, as the Spirit leads me, you better believe I will say it to YOU again and again and again and.... :)

Proverbs 16:9. If all the other things I said ate too hard/personal to comment on, what does this verse say to you ?

G

GreenNnice

Kimbergirly , I got off on my own tangent too after was reading your answer and LIKING IT for being a definite reason of what can be STOPPING you from being able to get into a serious relationship.

I thank you, milady, for that 'private' wisdom, and, I thank ,zan, too, in his thread of giving married advice to friend thread for my inspiration for this thread. :)

---
Exactly, lizzytheone, milady, by trusting in God by the guy he will know how to treat you, I really like Proverbs 16:3 for guys to have success, 21:9 speaks of why a 'bad marriage' as you put it is best to stay away from.

I listed Proverbs other verse too, I can list many more 'stopping' verses regarding keeping us from being able to , uh, relationship, so to speak. I used that relationship word as a verb, LOL, you like that, lizzytheone :D

But that is so true, relationships , if not happening in God's time should stop us, BUT we should be even MORE AFRAID of NOT going after a girl if God has done nothing to STOP! us, and, yes, that means me too :)

-This is , yikes!, starting to sound like an accusatory thread, well, guys, remember, the fear if the Lord (not the fear of greennnice) is the beginning of wisdom :) and, didn't we read where Jesus was accused of things that just were not true, and, we know the things Jesus was accused of led to Jesus' death :(

But, yeah, the Lord leads me, and, I promise you, not-my-dudes, I pray the Lord leads my every words said whenever, wherever I say then, and, I want what God wants --your best life from him going for you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

WHAT ! Essentially, the question is this: WHAT is stopping you?

What? You? Ready? --------------

Can we wrap your answers around these three questions and the bigger, one, underlying theme, question?

What? God?

(ha! U thought U could say 'Oh my, God, I will know when my God gives me the go-ahead.' Nope. U can't . That is a given for all believers, right).

Duh, of course, God is stopping you. We not marrieds MUST have His approval (and, you thought ALL you needed was your parent(s) blessing, LOL) .

So, what? And, sure you can use scripture for your answers, God wants us to use His truth.

I am just saying....

We already know that marriage won't be yielded to us unless God blesses that heavenly unión with a green light.

So, what more will it take for YOU to be ready for marriage? What's got you STOPPED! Talk theory. Talk practicality. Talk your self. Talk, of course, spirituality, just keep in mind we already know 'God' is in your answer foremost, at least He best be :) __________________

God bless you, miladies and, not my dudes :D

Pray before what you say, no bleeding hearts unless you feel led to be bled.

Let the Lord lead. The Lord leads. :)

I.........have............. no idea.........what you just said

C

Catlynn

I think, essentially, he's asking what are the reasons that we think we aren't married yet. Is it us? Do we have growing yet to do before we are ready?
He also said that you can use scripture to back up your answers but feel free to share all thoughts, opinions, and experiences but to keep them spiritual (I think) ^_^

However, I don't really have an answer other than its not the right time. God is definitely still growing me in so many ways that I could never have fathomed. Who knows when I'll be ready? But marriage is not my end goal in life. As long as I remain obedient to Him in everything He gives me to do, I'm not worried about it. :D

G

GreenNnice

I think, essentially, he's asking what are the reasons that we think we aren't married yet. Is it us? Do we have growing yet to do before we are ready?
He also said that you can use scripture to back up your answers but feel free to share all thoughts, opinions, and experiences but to keep them spiritual (I think) ^_^

However, I don't really have an answer other than its not the right time. God is definitely still growing me in so many ways that I could never have fathomed. Who knows when I'll be ready? But marriage is not my end goal in life. As long as I remain obedient to Him in everything He gives me to do, I'm not worried about it. :D
Yes, Catty for president ! :D
----
Nods, I am a bit ununderstandable sometimes, sorry. I speak green and its foreign to a good portion of the population. :D
------
You need to know WHAT is stopping you from going forth in a relationship. What things? What people? What! Be attuned to if these things are God-made or man-made. Don-t let man-made things, or, people stop you. God will make a way through 'those' things. :)

You need to know if YOU are stopping you (when God is not stopping you) from going into a relationship. Are you afraid to follow God's lead, are situations presenting themself and you are running off stage ? :O

You need to understand what God is doing to get you READY for a relationship. Pay attention to your waking hours but also your sleeping hours, God can speak to us best, sometimes, in the quiet of our rooms because otherwise we can never hear His still, small voice. :)
----
I know it is not easy but give thanks to God for everything, this shows God an appreciation of His life for you and, I can guarantee you, God likes that. Live your life to delight God and see how it goes. Pslm 37:4

G

GreenNnice

I would like to marry now but it totally depends on Gods will.

But in the past when marriage was in my mind what stopped me was:

- I really was enjoying to do what i wanted when i wanted, i have never lived a wild life lol actually im very calm but i used to love freedom :D , now i think i have enjoyed it enough lol

- To see the bad marriages of the people have made me think a lot, when i hear someone that feels lonely inside their marriage or that someone cheated their spouse i need to do an effort to still want to be married

- I was very scared in the past to submit to a husband who take bad decisions, now i know that a christian husban will be leaded by God and i have learned to accept mistakes of others (and mine too)

Maybe I needed to learn about those things and grow in my faith. God has his own time for everything and in my life he has been very wise :)
-------
You're such a pretty chicky, lizzytheone, I see no reason why any guy wouldn't like that , maybe cuz looks like you might have guy chicky's already in your life. :(
----
I kidding ya, i am, or course, talking about your cool , just ducky avatar . :)

G

GreenNnice

--------

However, I don't really have an answer other than its not the right time. God is definitely still growing me in so many ways that I could never have fathomed. Who knows when I'll be ready? But marriage is not my end goal in life. As long as I remain obedient to Him in everything He gives me to do, I'm not worried about it.
----
Well said, Catty. God is in control. He knows .

Nothing will work out witbout Him, everything will work out with Him :)

L

Liz01

-------
You're such a pretty chicky, lizzytheone, I see no reason why any guy wouldn't like that , maybe cuz looks like you might have guy chicky's already in your life. :(
----
I kidding ya, i am, or course, talking about your cool , just ducky avatar . :)
hahaha, well im not sure if my avatar is about chickens, ducks, eagles, swans or parrots, but its about a versicle i like very much :)

G

GreenNnice

Kimbergirly , I got off on my own tangent too after was reading your answer and LIKING IT for being a definite reason of what can be STOPPING you from being able to get into a serious relationship.

I thank you, milady, for that 'private' wisdom, and, I thank ,zan, too, in his thread of giving married advice to friend thread for my inspiration for this thread. :)

---
Exactly, lizzytheone, milady, by trusting in God by the guy he will know how to treat you, I really like Proverbs 16:3 for guys to have success, 21:9 speaks of why a 'bad marriage' as you put it is best to stay away from.

I listed Proverbs other verse too, I can list many more 'stopping' verses regarding keeping us from being able to , uh, relationship, so to speak. I used that relationship word as a verb, LOL, you like that, lizzytheone :D

But that is so true, relationships , if not happening in God's time should stop us, BUT we should be even MORE AFRAID of NOT going after a girl if God has done nothing to STOP! us, and, yes, that means me too :)

-This is , yikes!, starting to sound like an accusatory thread, well, guys, remember, the fear if the Lord (not the fear of greennnice) is the beginning of wisdom :) and, didn't we read where Jesus was accused of things that just were not true, and, we know the things Jesus was accused of led to Jesus' death :(

But, yeah, the Lord leads me, and, I promise you, not-my-dudes, I pray the Lord leads my every words said whenever, wherever I say then, and, I want what God wants --your best life from him going for you :)
I.........have............. no idea.........what you just said
I hopes I mades things clearers the 2nd times arounds , Nods . God bless you , milady :)

hahaha, well im not sure if my avatar is about chickens, ducks, eagles, swans or parrots, but its about a versicle i like very much :)
:D

H

HerrGeschichte

What stops me is my conscience and the fact that I am so introverted around strangers that I have to wait for them to talk to me

G

GreenNnice

What stops me is my conscience and the fact that I am so introverted around strangers that I have to wait for them to talk to me
----
Become drunken (no, not booze drunk!) to a point of overfilling abundance in the ways of Christ and your introversion toward girls will loose like the Holy Spirit loosing demons from a possessed soul.
Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, keep it undefiled and filled, just go get out there after prayer, getting in The Word, listening to God all this time.

You will hear :) And, I think it will be like....

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair !!

Well, hmm , you're a guy. So, okee, kind of like that but, 'course, different. :D well, huh, Yeah, guess it could still work if you have long hair :D

Blessings to you, mrhistory :)

shawntc

May 7, 2010
The reason I am single right now is that I believe dating should not be used as a way of fulfilling current emotions and desires, but as a way of finding a life mate. And at my present point in life it is impractical for me to seek that life mate. I am going to be starting university in August, have a part time minimum wage job, and still am in the process of establishing myself in life. A partner, although nice, is something that I am not prepared for emotionally, spiritually, financially, practically, etc.

J

Jullianna

If I am to be completely honest with myself, I believe the reason I am still single is because I have partially closed off part of myself so that I could raise my son without interference. His father trusted me to this, so it has been important to me for this to be my main focus (after the Lord, of course).

Some stepparent relationships turn out well. My stepdad was precious to me, but I've see so many others that didn't go well. And I also know that two men are more likely to butt heads. Bottom line: I've been afraid of making a mistake and, if I do, I want to be the only one who suffers for it, not my son.

He is well on his way to becoming the godly man his father would be proud of, so I have no regrets. :)

Aug 2, 2009
Want to know whats stopping me? That's easy..

ME!

G

GreenNnice

If I am to be completely honest with myself, I believe the reason I am still single is because I have partially closed off part of myself so that I could raise my son without interference. His father trusted me to this, so it has been important to me for this to be my main focus (after the Lord, of course).

Some stepparent relationships turn out well. My stepdad was precious to me, but I've see so many others that didn't go well. And I also know that two men are more likely to butt heads. Bottom line: I've been afraid of making a mistake and, if I do, I want to be the only one who suffers for it, not my son.

He is well on his way to becoming the godly man his father would be proud of, so I have no regrets. :)
Well said, julieannie, noble reasoning too, the Lord leads , Proverbs 16:9 :)

The reason I am single right now is that I believe dating should not be used as a way of fulfilling current emotions and desires, but as a way of finding a life mate. And at my present point in life it is impractical for me to seek that life mate. I am going to be starting university in August, have a part time minimum wage job, and still am in the process of establishing myself in life. A partner, although nice, is something that I am not prepared for emotionally, spiritually, financially, practically, etc.
There is a time and a season for everything, as the Lord leads, shawnteecee, keep you teetotal life ceeompletely on He. Good, too, school time of life, low wages, that it is impractical time to search, and, YES! ,dating when you are not ready is letting our carnal selfishness RELEASE which is when the Enemy can get jun :(

Want to know whats stopping me? That's easy..

ME!
---
The Lord leads, zere. You will know :)