What would cause you to leave church to go to a different one?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you know this person, go and talk to him/her privately (as soon as possible) and tell him/her that that is unacceptable. And ask the church leadership to announce that foods and drinks are not permissible during services, and all iPhones are to left outside. If people will act like Kindergarteners, they have to be told the rudiments of good and bad behavior during a pubic meeting.
I was chicken I didnt go back to that church went to a different one this sunday. At this church people are respectful at least but because most of them are elderly theres different issues. I did find out the crunchy chip person wasnt there this sunday.

I have some issues with some of the church leadership or is it the board of this crunchy chip church. They just dont seem to have any effective leadership at all and cant seem to make decisions. Its like a revolving door. They dont give anyone straight answers and you try and do stuff but get given the run around. Im tired of it. So maybe should just be honest and say well if you dont receive what im offering to give then maybe i should shake the dust off my feet.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So maybe should just be honest and say well if you dont receive what im offering to give then maybe i should shake the dust off my feet.
That's pretty sad, but that is probably the only option. Although it wouldn't hurt to have a meeting with the *leaders* and ask them why they dither instead of making clearcut decisions. Perhaps they should step down and let others do their job.

cc4

May 21, 2019
False doctrines, and all churches today are full of them.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
That's pretty sad, but that is probably the only option. Although it wouldn't hurt to have a meeting with the *leaders* and ask them why they dither instead of making clearcut decisions. Perhaps they should step down and let others do their job.
They did call a meeting once with me but the pastor made it clear he was running it, and didnt like anyone not doing anything his way, and then he kinda implied he was planning on to bust down the old church building and build a new one. But that nobody else was supposed to know about it. Cos they were engaging with architects or what not.

Well..its no big secret now. Why he just doesnt tell everyone at the church what the plans are I dont know. I would rather he be transparent than give non answers.

So each week at this church nothing gets done in terms of maintenance, just the bare minimum. No ministries happen cos the pastors so focused on his big dream church building that anything to do with community only gets token platitudes. Where he gets the money from I dont know. He also said this church is growing in numbers but actually I do not see this, everytime I go its not packed to the gills so I dont know where he thinks all the extra people are.

I once asked for their five year mission plan and all churches are supoosed to have this but they couldnt even find it. There is no mission that I can see. If anyone actually wants to do mission they basically have to organise it themselves.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There is no mission that I can see.
You did everything within reason. I guess it's time to move on and let the blind lead the blind.

What a shame that a bricks and mortar building has become more important to this so-called pastor. But each one will give account.

Jun 16, 2019
Being thrown out for lack understanding of purity,

Being counseled not to talk to others (brothers?) on biblical matters even if I may be right,

And there is a third point I still don't know.

Lack of adherence to the greek text and interpretation of verse A of Mathew on verse B of Paul without seeing Luke, Mark or John.

Skyline

Jun 13, 2019
We are looking for a church and have been attending one for a few weeks. I don’t want to give up too soon and start a new search... there are many good things but
  • Worship is broken up twice for announcements, etc. Weird start/stop design.
  • ~5 songs on shuffle, “another in the fire” every sunday. They sing amazing though.
  • I consider myself a new Christian; maybe its because I’m eating daily but the food [teaching] offered is like goldfish and apple juice.
  • Last series was on “having fun” - which is true, we should be happy and joyful. But no mention of Romans 14; I consider this basic info to communicate...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Well two cant walk together if they disagree.

Its really hard if one person doesnt see your point of view and refuses to budge. Not saying we should all find churches that say yes to everybody and everything, but there must be a balance or some sort of way to reason and be open to different parts of the body of Christ working together.

If Jesus is the head of the church, shouldnt we all be following him and not anyone else installing themselves as head of the church. If things become unworkable, shouldnt it be that both parties sit down, humble themselves and pray and seek God on the matter? But that doesnt seem to happen. What happens tends to be the ones that call themselves clergy insist they are right all the time over anyone who is a 'layman'.

Feb 28, 2016
1CO. 1:10.
Now I beseech you, brethren, by The Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing,
and that there be no divisions among you; but that you be perfectly joined together
in The Same Mind and in The Same judgment.

AMOS 3:3.
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

MARK 12:29-30.
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the Commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is One Lord:

And you shall love The Lord thy God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind,
and with all your strength: this is the first Commandment.

in the Hebrew, the Commandment would read = 'The Lord our God is UNITY'...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
FAther make us ONE.
Bit hard to do if its becomes like 'us and them'

Has anyone been through a church split, and if so, what happened? Every church Ive attended so far, Ive heard had been through something like that before I came. Its like one person decides to do something really unchristian and the congrgation gets divided, because that person is actually part of the clergy i.e not just a visitor or layman.

E

eternally-gratefull

preacher Insisting that KJV is the only authorized version because the guys who wrote it said it was. see YOU later.
Amen, Because that preacher would be a follower of men (an interpretation) not a follower of god. And he proves he lacks faith that God can work in other interpretations. So he preaches a weak God.

E

eternally-gratefull

If they start to change their doctrines to false doctrines (Major doctrines, not minor)

Or if discipleship starts to lack. And after attempts to try to change the situation nothing happens.