Whatcha talking about willis ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 9, 2007
anyone care to share something that they heard spoken a lot in Christian circles but really doesn't know the meaning ?

Feb 9, 2007
'Christian-isms' which ones of these do you know and heard many times but don't really know or think you know what they mean?
Please don't give definitions just the ones you have heard many times and haven't really pondered what they mean . Zan will pick one and we'll see what people think they mean. Please no definitions at first it will show how misunderstanding happens when we don't take the time to clarify. Thanks Zan

G

girlnextdoor

This sounds like a really edifying thread I'm excited to see how it progresses. I think I am up on christian lingo.....unfortunately I often think I understand something and later come to find out I was all wrong. waiting patiently to see where I need to re-think or re-understand :)

Feb 9, 2007
zan's been busy but i'll post a word later today unless someone has an idea?

A

AnandaHya

hangman game?

Feb 9, 2007
ok lets see what peeps thoughts are on the Word Protestant. Now remember we are first interested if you think you know it, and then what you think it means. tomorrow or soon we'll look up the definition and see how close everyone's understanding of it is :) so please no Google'd quick answer's. Just honest thoughts of what you believe it means. God bless have fun :)

Feb 9, 2007
it's amazing how quickly this thread gets buried *sigh*

Feb 9, 2007
dern it do i have to keep posting all day? :p *snicker*

A

AnandaHya

"Protestant"

oh that's easy.

An Ant that's on Protest....

ok seriously it is a term used for the split from the Roman Catholic church, kicked off by Martin Luther nailing a document to the church doors that protested about the way the Church was run and how he believed they had strayed from the faith by doing things like selling induglences and praying to the saints (especially the Virgin Mary) instead of directly to God.

Most of the churches we have except for the Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic church are considered Protestant though not all are "Reformed" lol that's another one people throw around and I've found needs defining to makes sure everyone is on the same page.

Feb 9, 2007
:( this didn't go as well as i thought it would

A

AnandaHya

sorry zander.

what do you think the word "confidential" means and should it ever be applied to understanding God's word?