WHAT'S driving you? Sex, drugs, rock 'n roll, or....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

StaceyLynn

Jesus and I are kind of fighting over the wheel right now. we may have driven over a few fences and lost a hub cap a couple miles back but we're still rollin.
I laughed when I read this, because I completely understand the sentiment!

S

savage933

I try to let Jesus take the wheel (yes i remembered Carrie Underwood's song :) ), I wish I could say I let Him all the time, but that's not true. I have my own drives, and I lose some battles, but at least I'll try to win the war or should I say...Jesus already won the war :). That thought relieves me when I know i've failed (again). I just need to remain in the vine, that's what all my worry should be (writing a note to myself right now).

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

jesus wants you to take the wheel

G

GreenNnice

jesus wants you to take the wheel
-----
No, He doesn't . God has a great roadmap (Psalms 139) for our life and we can't accomplish them if we are the ones giving God the directions.

Your saying to God, 'my way or the highway' will cause God to get out of the car and...allow Satan to.let you take the wheel.

---
That said, yes , God wants us to do things as He leads us, but we are to ALWAYS follow Him and that's not possible IF we are driving. I can too see the positive intent of your meaning, sávage, but , no, Jesus does not want us to drive our own lives forward. We will crash, we NEED him like a jar needs a lid, like clay needs water. :)

Aug 18, 2011
How do I let Jesus drive my life?
Learn the Jesus Prayer. Its an unceasing prayer that is said like this, "Lord Jesus Christ Have Mercy on me a Sinner". Its a prayer that you say in order to reach unceasing prayer and union with Christ.

It was invented by ancient Christians who wanted to be able to pray unceasingly. As long ago as the 4th or 5th centuries, Christians started to use the prayer.

It is obeying the Apostolic command:

1Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

G

GreenNnice

How do I let Jesus drive my life?
---
Nicene says it perfectly, matt.
Go to.your church's altar and confess all the things you've done if you feel led that way or in private, important thing is just go where you can tell God all you want Him to listen to you say.
By praying, we open up our hearts and our minds so that our thoughts can truly process.

This asking God for forgiveness is a humbling act , whether it is in front of others or not is not important. What is important is your genuine desire to turn your life (the wheel) over to Him.

------
Vinifera, metaphorically, said exactly how great that ride will be, matt, out of this world :)

What world, green (you may ask)?

God's. And, on Earth, that is as close as we can be to where God is now -- Heaven :)