What's Heaven gonna be like for you? ayou are what feeds you, ys know ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Our bodies will be chsblnged, getting incorruptible for corruptiblex but does Scripture say we will get new minds or have our same one that is in us 'spiritedly' in us now?

Don'got you want to be nice, now, filled with His joy, presence, peeled off of/from that olfness that sometimes creeps into you, trying harder and harder as Hebrews says, to search to go after seeking things spiritual more and more and things earthly less and less. This is Scripture, things heavenly, things earthly, what are you doing now, do you think it's milk (and) meat won't be a part of you in Heaven, too, no?

Ya don't want to stick out like a sore squirrel, I mean, sore thumb, I meant thumb ! (Abiding, you know I Love ya :D ) Do ya?

The Lord leads, be nice, speak in Love, I think we ALL , especially abidi--JUST KIDDING, squiirel :)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kenisyes

I have a theory about a mind. I think it's like a computer and the input/output goes with the body, but the software goes with the soul and spirit. I think you get a new body, so you get new perceptive faculties and memories based on your new eternal life. But who you are in Christ in this world, will be who you are in Him in the resurrection, only you will be able to express it better, since Satan and sin can't get in your way.

Since this is Scripture study, I'd better add that "mind" is more of a Greek idea "nous" (in spite of the many times the KJV uses the word in OT, the Hebrew words mean a variety of other things). The Old Testament is clearer on how God created you. You were made a living soul (nephesh chai). You have a breath (neshama) blown into you, which is a homonym for n-shem-ah, to choose your own identity, so you have a choice who you will become. (Gen. 2:7) The Spirit is God's and you have a body, but these are not mentioned until Gen. 6:3. (Gen. 1:27 refers to form an image, not substance.) Since your spirit is God's, it returns to Him. You will get a new body. But you are a living soul, so you will have the energy to move that body (forever, since it is now incorruptible), and the life (chai) to want to. Your choice will have been made in this life. That's where I get my theory. PS: The people who made a choice not to follow God, well, that's not a happy story...

T

Trax

Our bodies will be chsblnged, getting incorruptible for corruptiblex but does Scripture say we will get new minds or have our same one that is in us 'spiritedly' in us now?
Do you really want to take everything, that is stored in your brain, into heaven? I don't.

G

GreenNnice

I have a theory about a mind. I think it's like a computer and the input/output goes with the body, but the software goes with the soul and spirit. I think you get a new body, so you get new perceptive faculties and memories based on your new eternal life. But who you are in Christ in this world, will be who you are in Him in the resurrection, only you will be able to express it better, since Satan and sin can't get in your way.

Since this is Scripture study, I'd better add that "mind" is more of a Greek idea "nous" (in spite of the many times the KJV uses the word in OT, the Hebrew words mean a variety of other things). The Old Testament is clearer on how God created you. You were made a living soul (nephesh chai). You have a breath (neshama) blown into you, which is a homonym for n-shem-ah, to choose your own identity, so you have a choice who you will become. (Gen. 2:7) The Spirit is God's and you have a body, but these are not mentioned until Gen. 6:3. (Gen. 1:27 refers to form an image, not substance.) Since your spirit is God's, it returns to Him. You will get a new body. But you are a living soul, so you will have the energy to move that body (forever, since it is now incorruptible), and the life (chai) to want to. Your choice will have been made in this life. That's where I get my theory. PS: The people who made a choice not to follow God, well, that's not a happy story...
Well said.
Do you really want to take everything, that is stored in your brain, into heaven? I don't.
No more sorrow, no more crying, no more pain. Yep, that just about covers it.

P

psychomom

in particular that Beach Boys tune I have rolling around in my head since hearing it at the supermarket! :rolleyes:
-ellie

K

kenisyes

Well said.

No more sorrow, no more crying, no more pain. Yep, that just about covers it.
Your brain is part of your body, so no I do not think so. Your mind is another issue, as that is mostly part of your soul, except for the electrical interface. I think what survives is your spiritual choices that you made concerning those things which you permit in your brain.

G

GreenNnice

Your brain is part of your body, so no I do not think so. Your mind is another issue, as that is mostly part of your soul, except for the electrical interface. I think what survives is your spiritual choices that you made concerning those things which you permit in your brain.
Ok?

What is our brain part of? Spirit?

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Everything I (spirit of man with soul, mind, heart, strength, and motivator) do or say or think which can be remembered in the Kingdom of Heaven will be, and the real me that God made doesn't sin anymore. Even right now I am in the Kingdom of Heaven, but right now I have a temporary time in this situation and circumstances to willfully suffer for others on behalf of the example of Love. Great reward is already ours for the taking right now, and I do believe this is our only chance to suffer in this war against evil. When I put on an incorruptible body I will continue to follow Jesus, and it will be just as grand as is now, and better I'm sure.

K

kenisyes

Ok?

What is our brain part of? Spirit?
As I said, it is part of your body. Your soul in interacting with it generates electricity around you, and some people consider that part of the soul. Your soul is the mediator between spirit and body, that chooses whether to follow God's promptings or not.

Example of what I believe: You will probably not remember the first name of your wife, but you will recognize her as God's chosen for you, and you will remember the joy and the anointing for the ministry you two shared. The name is a sound, stored only in the brain. The emotions it generates (especially the love and joy) affect your spirit and bring you closer to God, so the closeness to God will be tied with that, and in your new body, those emotions will come back.

A

AgeofKnowledge

This is one of those really deep discussions and theological debates have focused on whether the human person consists of spirit and body in addition to soul, whether the soul is an entity in distinction from the body or whether soul simply refers to the single embodied person as a whole.

In my studies, I find that Biblical authors speak of a physical body, a spirit (e.g. spiritual body), and soul (e.g. mind/heart).

Don'got you want to be nice, now, filled with His joy, presence, peeled off of/from that olfness that sometimes creeps into you, trying harder and harder as Hebrews says, to search to go after seeking things spiritual more and more and things earthly less and less. This is Scripture, things heavenly, things earthly, what are you doing now, do you think it's milk (and) meat won't be a part of you in Heaven, too, no?

Ya don't want to stick out like a sore squirrel, I mean, sore thumb, I meant thumb ! (Abiding, you know I Love ya :D ) Do ya?

The Lord leads, be nice, speak in Love, I think we ALL , especially abidi--JUST KIDDING, squiirel :)

C

cfultz3

Our soul is the distinguisher between the flesh and spirit and is that which decides to act upon one or the other. That is why we are to die to the flesh so that our deeds can be from the spirit part of us. It is the soul which receives the benefits of a Spirit led life. So, to ask if we keep our mind, that is the same as asking if we keep our souls. The answer will be, yes we keep our mind (soul). But as someone pointed out, just as we receive the mind of Christ here and now, we will be giving a new way for the soul to think, seeing that all things have passed away and all things have become new.

Dec 19, 2009

I believe heaven is the peace that comes from repentance.