Whats in a name

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gzusfrk

Aug 4, 2013
I have been here on cc for a little while and I would just like to ask what you think of my name, some have told my it is demeaning to Jesus, I came up with it back in the 70s, when I was told it was cool. Just wondered if it could effect how some people might take me... Thanks.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i like it :)

it took me a while before i realized what it said

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I never caught on til you mentioned it here. Jesus Freak.
So what's their trip? They never heard of a Jesus freak before.
Ah, don't let them blather their PC dribble...perfectly fine.
Probably from ones that didn't live thru the '70's.

S

sassylady

I couldn't figure it out till I saw this thread.

Mine doesn't sound very nice, but it's got two meanings. I can be a bit sassy if I need to be, not in a bad way but I say what I have to when I have to, and don't worry about what people think.

The other is I have to wear a wig, and on the site where I got it, it is called a sassy pixie. It fit my personality so I got it.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I have been here on cc for a little while and I would just like to ask what you think of my name, some have told my it is demeaning to Jesus, I came up with it back in the 70s, when I was told it was cool. Just wondered if it could effect how some people might take me... Thanks.
i like it :)

it took me a while before i realized what it said

I never caught on til you mentioned it here. Jesus Freak.
So what's their trip? They never heard of a Jesus freak before.
Ah, don't let them blather their PC dribble...perfectly fine.
Probably from ones that didn't live thru the '70's.

​I really never looked at your name before. It was just a bunch of jumbled letters to me. Then I read posthuman and crossnote's replies and figured it out!! LOL! I personally don't see anything wrong with it and I'm sure Jesus would not take offense at it, so why should anyone else? :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I just did a 'nickname' search. There are 15 with that name 'jesusfreak' and 14 have some extension number attached e.g. ''jesusfreak22'.
Why don't these 'nick police' go pick on them?

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I sort of pronounced it "gazoosfork" Until now.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I understood the play on lettering.......doesn't bother me.......only reason I could think of that anyone would object is if they thought you were referring to the Greek God Zeus........but that would be their misunderstanding, so I wouldn't worry about it,

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Who cares what anyone might "think", Jesus knows your heart.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
I too did not decipher your nick. I thought it might be some Russian name.

From "Tiny Dancer"

"Jesus freaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for God"

Elton John

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I enjoyed the opportunity to crack a code, Thanks.

At first I thought it said, " Geez, you's (a) freak." But then I got it.

DaveTheRave

May 28, 2014
"That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet"