what's love got to do, got to do with it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jeff325

This is a time marked with wickedness. We read in Matthew 24:12 "because of the increase in wickedness the love of most will grow cold" there it is, the truth. For many of us we have been let down so many times by people that it is hard to stay loving. At first when we are saved we are overflowing with love, but time after time we are let down so we loose our zeal for helping others for fear of being walked on. And for many the more they grow in knowledge of the word the less they love the sinners. But Jesus said in Matthew 5:44 "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" now I know how hard that is but we can do it with the help of the holy spirit for in 2 timothy 1:7 "for GOD has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of LOVE, and of a sound mind." It seems to me that we are living in times where we have to be on our guard at all times. But we always have to remember The great commandments. Matthew 22:37-39 "LOVE the LORD with all of you're hearts and with all your soul and with all your mind ,,,, and LOVE your neighbor as yourself. And your neighbor is "anyone who has mercy on you", not just christians, as we read in Luke 10:25-37. So don't alienate people who are not saved. They need God more then they know. Remember luke 19:10 Jesus didn't come to help the saved but to "seek and to save the lost" We were all lost at one point and it is our duty as christians to "let are light shine before men so that they will see your good deeds and glorify our Father in heaven" (matthew 5:16) So Please don't let you're hearts be hardened. God has blessed us in so many ways, and we as christians should be examples of God's Love. Think about it, how can the lost see if we don't show them the light through the Love of The Holy Spirit.
One more thing Paul said in 1 corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophesy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not LOVE. I am nothing.

Jan 31, 2009
Great post, at Our Church when i am preaching about love or even mention love I will ask " what's love got to do with it, and everybody shouts back everything!!!!!

M

machew

Yep, was just about to say that! My answer: "EVERYTHING!"

J

jeff325

Great post, at Our Church when i am preaching about love or even mention love I will ask " what's love got to do with it, and everybody shouts back everything!!!!!
Sounds like a great church

C

charisenexcelcis

Good post.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
At age 17 ,I was at the bible study prayer group that was very spirit filled.
While all were praying in tounge and word This was pressed apon my heart.
I was overwhelmed with both sorrow and love.

The time is coming, yes very near when the love of many will be like a famine.
You will seek it, yet it will be hard to find because of the ills of the world.
Make your hearts store houses of my love. So that when the famine comes you will not hunger, nor will any that you love in me.
For these store houses will never empty, they will feed all that you witness to in me.

That was 32 years ago, much of what was shown to me has become.
We all need to be the storehouses of the Love of Jesus.
God bless, pickles