what's the craziest thing you've ever done for love? and why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chinaeyes

when you're in love, you're bound to do things you never imagined yourself doing...
some may have compromised their beliefs in some ways and regret it afterwards
you'll often wish you could turn back time and do things the right way

at this point, how do you cope up? how do you move forward? how do you stand up after a fall?

after learning from your mistakes, would you prefer to move far far away and start a new life?
or stay where you are as people continue to judge you for what you did and just let yourself drown in the consequences of your sin?

Last edited:
J

Joshua2417

Wow, hit on a deep topic here. Once thought i was in love with the one i was spose to be with. though both of us were not with God at the time. An yeah i did things left and right for her. an to this day i wish i could have done everything right. then i wouldn't live with the pain of a lost child that she aborted be on my mind every once in a while. but thats a whole differnt thing. though all i can say is pray and open up to God get that relationship strong with him. its what has helped me get through it, mainly. i've had a few good friends sit and listen to my thoughts and feelings about it. an they hey give a little advice about being with God and that i have to get over my own shame issues about it. Though crazy in love makes you go blind at times. thats why its best to be equaly yoked then you don't need to worry about stuff so much cause well lets face it if your equaly yoked then its most likly the one your ment to be with, right? lol I do hope and pray you work through what your stuggling with. an not let it get you down. Remember Give it to the Lord and then leave it alone becuase Hes taking care of it.

S

sportygirl

when you're in love, you're bound to do things you never imagined yourself doing...
some may have compromised their beliefs in some ways and regret it afterwards
you'll often wish you could turn back time and do things the right way

at this point, how do you cope up? how do you move forward? how do you stand up after a fall?

after learning from your mistakes, would you prefer to move far far away and start a new life?
or stay where you are as people continue to judge you for what you did and just let yourself drown in the consequences of your sin?

Hmmm I definetely experienced this in my last relationship, and was hurt badly when he decided to end things. BUt after I realized we oth made mistakes and that what we had was not a real relationship, at least in the way I view them now (in the wordly view it was). God was not in our relationship adn their was no real basis of friendship and that showed in how we acted with each other.

How I cope now, is through the strength of God and my friends. They are there for me when I need to talk and understand that although I try not to be bitter I still am hurting on some level. How to stand up after a fall, is to remember God is there (Toby Mac, get back up again is a good song).

At times I do want to move far far away and start a new life, it would be easier thats for sure, knowing I wouldnt have to see my ex ever again, because despite the pain of seing him, seing him also reminds me of my sins. But, God isnt asking me to leave he is asking me to stay, not everyone knows what me and my ex did, but those that do don't judge me which completely surprised me. God gave me time away from my ex, but getting our class together moved to an online class, which was very helpful. I know I will be challenged in seeing him again. It's a painful challenge and as much as I would like to avoid it, I trust God.

F

forgvn3as1

The craziest thing I ever did for Love was to forgive my ex for cheeting on me. I always told myself that I would divorce anyone that ever cheeted on me. When I found out I thought I was done, but I loved him so much that I forgave him and tried to work things out. Unfortuatley people often return to there bad habits which he did :( We are over now but I have to say that was the craziest thing I ever did was try to be with someone that cheeted on me.

K

kate0558

I've been with my boyfriend for about 2 years... and we fell in love instantly. Like i'm talking day 3 he told me he loved me. After a few months our relationship turned into something far less then a fairy tale. It still is less then I want. Craziest thing I ever did... I got you beat. I walked away from God because of him. Not because he asked me to but because I was afraid if I was that hardcore christian I used to be prolly maybe a year before we started dating... he'd leave me. He didn't believe in God and I was afraid if I was too hardcore like I know I used to be...he wouldn't want to be with me. So after freaking out to him that we weren't gonna work because he didn't believe in God... and as a result making him want nothing to do with God.... I ended up walking away from God to keep my bf.
Well now me and my boyfriend are living together and he actually wants me to get back into going to church cus it will help me. I've realized by actually going to church and prayer... that believe it or not... he was right. I was a crazy *****. I acted nuts. I was missing something in my life, God. And I took it out on him and expected him to fill that void. He still doesn't believe in God but I understand why. And that part i've learned to leave up to God.

And btw... if ppl judge you for any mistakes you made.... they are just trying to make themselves feel better about the mistakes they made. A true christian never judges anothers mistakes.

G

goth4god

I just flew alone, across the country to see my boyfriend for the first time ever.

grace

Sep 8, 2006
I just flew alone, across the country to see my boyfriend for the first time ever.
Well, I did that a year ago...but I went all the way to England. lol (and while there got a matching tattoo with him.) (BUT, want to make it clear that I have no regrets) :)

Congrats! I hope you are having a wonderful time and you two can really make things work. :)

Blessings!

L

LeoneXIII

I would look at all the crazy things I've done for love (not just love of a woman, but for love of the Church and for my brethren in it), and honestly they number very few. But I would look at anything that some might say is crazy when done for love--and contend that all that is done for love is not crazy in the least, but is perfectly normal, all in a day's work.

K

karine___

the world usually sees it as crazy but i think it shows real love : when you let someone you love go for their sake and your own before God , i had to do it when i was rescued , being shown what real love is , the love of Christ that is self-sacrificial.

T

TD14

Well. I got a few crazy things. Though the most recent ones would be the craziest.

Met and fell in love with a girl in Wisconsin, i'm in Ohio. I was 17 she was 15. Age ain't a factor to me if it's within two years like that. Not to mention there was 700 miles between us. Anywho, after i smoothed over her mistakes of lieing to her parents they started to like me. Well the first crazy thing was at the drop of a hat when her dad offered me a job, i drove 3 hours to Kentucky, to work with man who in his own words "If you hurt my daughter i will kill you and i have the firepower to do it". Funny thing is me and him get along great even though me and her are friends now. So that incident tied up there for first place with this one.

I drove my truck 1400 miles round trip to Wisconsin to meet her. Now here is the thing i done all of this because i loved her with all my heart. I get back to Ohio and about 2 months later she breaks up with me the day before my 18th birthday. Now here is the craziest part of it, most would have turned away and ran from her. I have to this day stayed. We may not be in a relationship now but we have left that door open down the road and i promised her parents i wouldn't walk out of her life. Ohhh and another crazy thing she was on vacation and i drove 7 hours round trip to Indianapolis just to spend 3 tiny hours with her even though we were broke up.

Now why did i do it all? Well the world may never know the true answer but i can only venture to guess that i done it because i loved her, she made me happy, she made me feel loved and cared about, and because i see so much of my past self in her that i feel like i gotta help her. Even now as we ain't a couple we still write letters on a monthly basis and every month to two months her mom and dad let us have a phone call. So oddly this is one of those deals where what was a romantic relationship survived being ended and we are still friends. Not saying it has been easy on either of us but we get by. So i done it because i love her and well most likely i'm slightly crazy probably for at the drop of a hat doing something like that. Then again i had been planning and hoping to make some kind of road trip happen over the summer since i graduated in May and well it worked out. So i killed a few birds with one stone.

Dan

Jul 24, 2010
I'll preface this story with saying simply, I'm not proud of what I'm about to reveal, being able to look back and laugh is probably the only way I'd ever be able to deal with it.

Craziest thing I've done for love would have to be the weekend I lost my virginity in NYC. I live in NY but had never been in the city so I spent a weekend there with my now ex in a poorly planned out attempt to trying to keep him from leaving me (he had told me he had wanted to end it the week before). It wasn't so much going out there and spending a weekend alone with him that was the crazy part... granted that was all sorts of crazy right there, it was the ridiculous lengths we went to to make sure the weekend still happened. His parents had found out that he was dumping me and said, "Well she's not staying here, we don't want an angry ex here all weekend." So we got the cheapest motel we could find... and looking back I'm amazed I wasn't mugged in their parking lot, it was that sleazy. I had arrived before him and he had all the information so I was waiting in the parking lot when I noticed the truck parked next to me had a large wooden makeshift crate built over the back with weird random holes in it no bigger than about 2 inches in diameter. And through the holes I could see something large and moving inside. When my ex arrived so we could check in I pointed to it and said, "There's something alive in there..." He leaned over to have a look when from the depths of the truck came out a loud, "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!" that made him jump almost 6 feet in the air. That alone told us what we were in for. The following morning, we woke to the sounds of two men having a fight and we waited in the room for a good two hours waiting for it to finally stop, afraid we would get mugged if we stepped outside. We ended up heading into the city that day and aside from being stalked for a few minutes by a very annoying street vendor, it was an amazing day. Then came the day I left... I was getting my things packed up and as I headed to my car I overheard one of the cleaning people say to another, "Did you see the body? They left its foot just hanging out of the back of their car!" I looked where he was pointing and sure enough there was an SUV with a human foot sticking out of the trunk which was mostly closed and probably would have been had that foot not been in the way. My ex and I scrambled into our cars and parted ways fairly quickly from there.

Again, I'm not proud of that story, I will admit the bizarre moments of it make me laugh now, and like I stated earlier, that's probably the only way I'd ever be able to cope with the really stupid choices I had made in going there and doing the things I did with someone I really shouldn't have.

But what I am proud of is the fact that I didn't run away from my screw ups or cave when I got judged for the mistakes that I made. The truth is we are human, we are going to screw up, sometimes it will be little things, some times it will be big things. The only time it becomes truly shameful is when you don't learn from what happened. Moving on with your life and moving forward helps you learn and helps you grow, but running away to start over is cowering out and I think when you do that, ultimately you do have something to be ashamed of. When you screw up over someone you loved, you can't let it stop you from growing. You have to deal with the consequences, learn from it, and move on. And if people can't let it go simply remind them they're human too and completely capable of making the same mistakes. As long as you learn and move on, that's more respectable than screwing up and running away.

D

DanuckInUSA

I got married and man it has been a crazy ride!

Feb 1, 2011
chinaeyes.. this hit to close to home for me...... u basically descrbed wat happened to me... the girl I was with was very awesome, fun, sexy and wild... but the truth is I knew that she wasnt christian, as time when by I let her influence me into things I rather not metion... many times I prayed for God to change her... and I kept telling myself I could convert her.. but just ended up being dragged lower n lower.. so after a long time she broke up with because I "changed" I made a personal decision to fallow the Lords will will all my heart. and because of that she just left me... u kno there if a saying if a girl cries for a guy she misses him, but if a guy cries for a girl nobody will ever love her like he did.. well its true. so after that harsh break up, I just surrendered myself to God and decided to let him in and ever since Ive been happy :) the crazy-est thing I did for love was, do everything I could to make her happy. even if it ment not being a christian anymore, God saved me twice, this time I serve him only

Last edited: