Whats the difference between,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpaceCowboy

The gift of knowledge and the gift of wisdom?

S

Strong1

Not all who "know" something are "wise" Wisdom allows one to do well with the knowlede they have. both gifts are powerfull when they work together, this is why we are encouraged to seek after both.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
If I were to take a gander....

gift of knowledge: that's what I have. I best describe it as being a "Bible nerd." You have a Spirit-given ability to learn and understand the Bible in an advanced way.

gift of wisdom: not so much what I have :D. You could call this a "Bible sage." You have a Spirit-given ability to take what you know and apply it to your life.

G

GreenNnice

gift of knowledge: that's what I have. I best describe it as being a "Bible nerd." You have a Spirit-given ability to learn and understand the Bible in an advanced way.

gift of wisdom: not so much what I have :D. You could call this a "Bible sage." You have a Spirit-given ability to take what you know and apply it to your life.
)))))))))(((((((((((
You're a humble man, Christ bro, I've read your posts, been awhile, but, from what I can almost remember (refer all unremembrance blame to my green brains :D ) , your knowledge is good and, by virtue that I ALMOST remember what you said, you definitely got, at least a little bit, of wisdom in you.
Just some opinionated knowledge from the files of my green brains, shawnerdsage :)

Shawnerd T.C. Sage - Wow ! What a cool name you have ! :)

J

jkalyna

:) IT SAYS MUCH KNOWLEDGE PUFFETH UP IN THE BIBLE. SOLOMON WAS GIVEN WISDOM FROM GOD. A FOOL SCOFFETH AT A WISE MAN, AND I THINK THAT WISDOM IS THE WORD. THOSE WHO SEEK ME ARE WISE. GREY HAIR SAYS ONE IS WISE, BUT IT COULD BE A WIG. TAKES WISDOM TO FIGURE SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS AND MYSTERIES BEHIND THE WOOL.:)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009

Amen! :)
I was once told that knowldge anyone can gain.
( well, I can say that knowladge is my struggle,:) so not anyone. )
And, like you said.
Wisdom is the abuility to live faithfully the knowladge one has.

Good words shawntc!

God bless
pickles

R

rainacorn

knowledge = information
wisdom = application

(what shawn said, basically lol)

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
ok, first we have to understand that the gift of wisdom and knowledge are nothing to be compared to that any man posses. second, none is born with it. the bible tells us that the wisdom of God is higher than that of man, his ways and his thoughts. Now, you have to look at the key words in the verses that are talking about the gifts the Spirit of God... ( not man's spirit)

1 Cor. 12
4) Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit......

7) But the MANIFESTATION of the SPIRIT is given to every man to profit withal.

1)1 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man SEVERALLY """"AS HE WILL.

It is not our gift to claim, it is of the Holy Spirit........... he may use you one day to give a Word of wisdom, or knowledge, or A healing.......... look at they key words in the scriptures........ it is a gift that may or may not keep on giving it is up to the Holy Spirit if or when he will Manifest with A GIFT....

The bible say, '' The'' word of, the, meaning one... or once. not saying the Lord will not choose to use you again and again for the same thing, but the bible say SEVERALLY AS """ HE WILL""" NOT AS WE WILL HIM TO DO. so pray that the Lord will choose to manifest in you and through you with the gifts of His Spirit. that way we will know that it will not go wrong and that the power that is working in us is from a good source and not evil, remember satan will try to copy everything that God does....... so we need to be careful in how we read the Word of God, and apply it to our lives....... because all lies is of the devil and he loves to take the Word of God and twist it which then make what some preach false doctrine, which then make some live a lie. SO AGAIN THE GIFTS GIVING TO US AT A CERTAIN TIME WHEN NEEDED, ONLY GOD CAN SAY WHEN THAT IS, OUR NOT OURS UNTIL THE HOLY SPIRIT MANIFEST IN YOU WITH IT OR THEM. AS HE WILL..... GOD BLESS ALL WHO THE LORD FIND WORTHY TO BE USED BY HIM, AT HIS WILL. IN JESUS CHRIST NAME... AMEN

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
The DIFFERENCE between a Word of wisdom and a Word of Knowledge is:

When the Holy Spirit see that a person needs help in understanding something, for expl. I may come to you and ask you why is it that some people can't love God.... you may not know why, so you do not have the answer. The Holy Spirit will then Manifest in you and out of your mouth come flowing Words of knowledge concerning the question I asked you. You will not have to think of about it.... it will freely flow from you..... and at the same time I am learning, you will be learning too.

Now Wisdom...... is when you need to know how to do something right, the way God would do it or have you or someone else to do it. you may not know how to tell yourself or someone how to go about getting over or through something. Wisdom by the power of the Holy Spirit will show you the beginning to the end of a situation. How to work it out and how the outcome will be, He will do it the same as he will with knowledge, it will just come to you without even think of it..........

it's like knowing how to DO something you have never been taught to do.....like a wise wife will build her house, she will know how to treat each person as individuals and know the out come of what she do before she even do it. As God did when he crested the world. the bible say by wisdom God created the world. speaking those things that was not as they were.... because the Lord knew how everything would function before he even made it exist. So the Holy Spirit will manifest in you with wisdom when it is needed........ even more when reading the Word of God will he manifest with these two gifts. hope this helps. God Bless All who seek His Word in truth and with a pure heart.

S

SpaceCowboy

Thank you very much cookie. That was exactly what I was looking for.
Godbless you sister.

S

SirEBob

repeated definition: wisdom is knowledge gained by experience
my understanding:knowledge is purely logical, even when coming through supernatural means (all things are given by God and all things that are taken away are taken away by God)
wisdom is a knowing with a depth even unto the soul.
one can know something and be able to expound on the thought but lack the ability to make it manifest.
if one is wise on a subject/object they know the pertinent ins and outs and has the power to apply them in the world.