What's the Point?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013

In this blog series, you have been offered over ten ways to come closer to God. Just reading those blogs might sound like alot. Doing them requires even more time and effort. You might be asking yourself, "What's the point?"

Picture yourself following Jesus on a trail through the woods. At first, you are close but then you fall behind. It is nearly impossible to see him, hear him, or even feel his presence. You might begin to feel lost and confused. Following the advice in these blogs could be likened to a sprint to catch up with him and grow close like you were in the moments after you first decided to follow Jesus.

When you are close to God, you will:

• Fear and love God more and be more sensitive to the love He is showering on you
  • Feel more at peace and less scared when bad things happen in your life.
  • Know how to pray God's will in more circumstances and have more answered prayers
  • Feel God's presence more and loneliness less
  • Experience more joy and see meaning in life
  • Come to greater knowledge of God's path for your life

If you are now motivated to come closer to God, read the full blog series and make up your mind to follow these recommendations. The Holy Spirit will show you the way to go and let Jesus Christ shine through you. Ready?

Lord, thank you for your Word. We agree with the psalmist in Psalm 143: 10 and ask us You to "Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; let Your good Spirit lead me into a level country and into the land of uprightness." In Christ's Name, Amen.

G

Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt

alt

Preference

Thank you for these kind, reassuring words. I always feel happier when I take some time to think about God.