What's the point?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Heart_Melody
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Heart_Melody

Guest
There once was a man
who did not know why
moments were slipping by
and all the while he thought
what is the point?

There once was a dreamer
who kept dreaming dreams
in his eyes still gleamed
the light of last nights
but he never did anything.

The woman on her 30 minute break
she is feeding the birds with
some crumbs of a dollar burger
once she hoped for something
but now she just hurries all day long.

A man is shaving a three day shadow
but he cannot shave away
the shadows under his eyes
he hasn't the heart to put in words
so he drowns in a bottle every night.

Daddies little girl is all grown up now
but her fears did not go away
the monster still lives under the bed
as she moves to college
she packed it right in with the rest of the junk.

So we all keep on running
the circle of life stops for no one
consume or be consumed
all this want turning to poison
killing our passions.

unless....
YOU stop for them.
God came down to give
hope and a new life to us
his passion saves.

Unless their pain
and their potential joy
becomes more important
than your reheated instant gratification
They might never know!

The point?
Jesus.
.
 
I thought what is the point in writing a comment, but I thought it is just kind that if I'm passing by and happened to read, to leave some appreciation. So often the internet teaches us to walk by, as if things become the fast-food of information, when really people have taken time to share their words. Information consumerism. Anyway it was nice to read, and I like the thought about the point being Jesus. For me I see it as the point being that Jesus is within me, and when I'm saying what's the point (often), it is because I'm not recognising that, so thank you for the reminder. :-)
 
****sounds like a Beatles song with a good ending...
 
mj007;bt21005 said:
I thought what is the point in writing a comment, but I thought it is just kind that if I'm passing by and happened to read, to leave some appreciation. So often the internet teaches us to walk by, as if things become the fast-food of information, when really people have taken time to share their words. Information consumerism. Anyway it was nice to read, and I like the thought about the point being Jesus. For me I see it as the point being that Jesus is within me, and when I'm saying what's the point (often), it is because I'm not recognising that, so thank you for the reminder. :-)

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop and say hi...
You made me smile with your comment, I totally agree. And I have been guilty so often of hurrying along and following all my allotted schedules that I pass by those who are hurting and in need of Jesus.

I realize it is a harsh and a bit crude perhaps - all I can say about that is, that I was seriously under attack that day and in a brooding, dark mood - I want to assure you that I am not pointing so much outward with this, but to my own heart. I was having to remind myself that I am not the center and actually - I am one of the 99 sheep - Dad is looking for the one... the one lost one though and I need to have my eyes and ears open to see and hear them, when they are in need.

God bless you!