Whats up with that?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Strong1

Following some of these threads, it almost feels like highschool! :)
Some members seem to follow one another and hang out in cliques....it's kind of weird.
Certain topics always have the same people circulating them, while others go unnoticed.
I signed on to this site a while back, but have only been using it very recently, what is the rep power thing all about? If your rep power is like say a 1, does that make you the "freshman" of christian chat or some kind of speck in this society?

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I think human nature just goes for cliques...people close to the same age relate to each other easier. But I don't see anybody complaining when a conversation involves various ages. I think that gives more perspective to a topic so it is a good thing.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the reputation meter :). I guess if people like what you say or find it funny or admire it in some weird way...they increase your reputation. It really doesn't mean much.

Just jump in and don't worry about cliques and reputations :)

Feb 16, 2011
the cliches don't last forever. sometimes i wonder about the rep power thing. who is reping some of these people? the rep power thing is a good idea. i just wonder how much of it is good when people who are not biblically sound have alot of it. but we can rep some things a person says and not others.

U

Ugly

The 'rep' button is there when you like a particular post someone makes. You want to give them a special thumbs up for that post. No one i've ever talked to puts much emphasis on them. I think its more of a personal thing. You can check your own rep by pressing the 'Control Panel' link at the top of the page. People sometimes leave comments when they give rep, and thats the only place to read their comments.

S

Strong1

hmmmm, I see.
Not all that important I guess.