What's With These People???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
(Checks her forehead for a bump) Nope,not yet.😂🦄
Yep here where I live you almost never see anyone wearing a mask anymore
You can't even find them at Walmart because there's no demand for them anymore

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Then she's probably retirement age for a major actress. That first pic, she was young.
I would call Meryl Streep a major actress. Her credits go back to the mid seventies, and she is still making movies :) Born in '49.

Or Jane Fonda, born in '37 - credits back to 1960 and still active in the biz. Her turn to comedy was a good move for her :)

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
So what's so terrible about Elon musk wearing body armor for halloween?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I would call Meryl Streep a major actress. Her credits go back to the mid seventies, and she is still making movies :) Born in '49.

Or Jane Fonda, born in '37 - credits back to 1960 and still active in the biz. Her turn to comedy was a good move for her :)
Those are good examples of famous actresses with very long careers. Audrey Hepburn and Irene Ryan are others who come to mind.

I was thinking of the average actress/actor. Hollyweird puts a lot of emphasis on youth.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022

Aslanfriend

Jan 28, 2018
What's with these people???

Real Stable Genius!

Mask in the Car Wearer
😷🚗 👈😄🤚
It's weird, but I could take a photo with my phone to prove that I see this in my town EVERY single day....and sometimes they are all by themselves in their car. And about half wear them in every store. And Often I also see people walking/biking/skating with them on too - when there is absolutely NO one around them on the street OUTSIDE, I repeat - outside. They have them really brainwashed here around the capital of California.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
It's weird, but I could take a photo with my phone to prove that I see this in my town EVERY single day....and sometimes they are all by themselves in their car. And about half wear them in every store. And Often I also see people walking/biking/skating with them on too - when there is absolutely NO one around them on the street OUTSIDE, I repeat - outside. They have them really brainwashed here around the capital of California.
I know what you mean. I see high school and college students fall for it and seniors from other nations mostly wearing them. It makes me wonder if they consider it fashionable or are really brainwashed. In the medical city of my state, there are health care workers at the grocery stores with them on. It shows me that their education didn't necessarily make them smart. 😄

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
😄

Handyman62

Jan 10, 2021
Rural South Carolina
I know what you mean. I see high school and college students fall for it and seniors from other nations mostly wearing them. It makes me wonder if they consider it fashionable or are really brainwashed. In the medical city of my state, there are health care workers at the grocery stores with them on. It shows me that their education didn't necessarily make them smart. 😄
Nowadays education without common sense is like driving a car without a brakes. Sooner or later you will end up crashing.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Nowadays education without common sense is like driving a car without a brakes. Sooner or later you will end up crashing.
That's a good illustration. The last couple years that turned the world economy into a wreck and more small businesses destroyed than any time in our lives.

As to education the vast majority of classes are designed with short term memorization and regurgitation on a test as rewarded practices. Other than short labs, there really isn't much if any real training.
That's true of liberal arts majors or of medical school. A good education is one which makes the subject matter useful and relevant. As a handyman, you probably relate to beginning a job by evaluation of the repair, replacement or construction. Then estimate the cost of materials, time of labor, relative risk and difficulty, and hired helpers. After that there may be many steps to finish a job and get paid a fair amount that comes hopefully close to the estimate with a return on the work.
The communication skills, arithmetic, and technical skills required are practical and necessary. That's an education that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Nowadays, the average student spends at least 13 years of school plus free college, if under the promised scholarship; thousands of hours and tens of thousands of our tax dollars to come out the other end with their free education. I would not hire most of them if I was still in a position to hire. Some make exceptionally good employees, but that's not the average. On the job training or a period of apprenticeship is still necessary in many cases.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
That's a good illustration. The last couple years that turned the world economy into a wreck and more small businesses destroyed than any time in our lives.

As to education the vast majority of classes are designed with short term memorization and regurgitation on a test as rewarded practices. Other than short labs, there really isn't much if any real training.
That's true of liberal arts majors or of medical school. A good education is one which makes the subject matter useful and relevant. As a handyman, you probably relate to beginning a job by evaluation of the repair, replacement or construction. Then estimate the cost of materials, time of labor, relative risk and difficulty, and hired helpers. After that there may be many steps to finish a job and get paid a fair amount that comes hopefully close to the estimate with a return on the work.
The communication skills, arithmetic, and technical skills required are practical and necessary. That's an education that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Nowadays, the average student spends at least 13 years of school plus free college, if under the promised scholarship; thousands of hours and tens of thousands of our tax dollars to come out the other end with their free education. I would not hire most of them if I was still in a position to hire. Some make exceptionally good employees, but that's not the average. On the job training or a period of apprenticeship is still necessary in many cases.
AI and Robotics can do the jobs of half of Americans. Let's run through a few examples.

1. They can do your taxes for you.

2. They can diagnose diseases

3. You can replace cashiers

4. they can replace janitors

5. They can replace people working in manufacturing.

6. They can replace soldiers and pilots.

7. Computers can diagnose what is wrong with your car so that mechanics can be relatively unskilled.

There are many more examples. Right now they work best in tandem with people. So instead of a team of 7 lawyers and a bunch of paras on a case you can get by with two lawyers, one para, and AI. The same is true when fixing cars, or operating in the battlefield, or so many other places.

The economics is also clear, once you start using these tools you get the most for your money if you maximize your use of it. If a law firm subscribed to a AI service, then it is cheaper if everyone in the firm uses it as much as possible.

Restaurants are doing the same thing, having one large centralized kitchen that makes the food and packages it in little bags of frozen meals. As a result the "chefs" can be minimum wage workers who merely heat up frozen dinners.

The same is true with security. No one would want to have AI and robots do everything, but on the other hand what secure location does not maximize their use of electronic tools like cameras, key access, alarms, etc.

Amazon.com and Walmart and others would prefer if you shop online. Doing that saves them money and it can greatly reduce the labor cost.

The bottom line is we are already at a place where you can replace 50% of the workforce with robots and AI and it will be a very short time before we can replace 80%.

Even in construction we can use 3d printers to make houses. Prefabricated houses are very economic and practical.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Here's the problem with the robot takeover scenario.
Robots take over production
Economy collapses because no one has a job
No one has money to buy the things the robots are building.
No money to build more robots

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Here's the problem with the robot takeover scenario.
Robots take over production
Economy collapses because no one has a job
No one has money to buy the things the robots are building.
No money to build more robots
The robots already are taking over. At the grocery store self checkouts greatly outnumber the checkouts. They have these robots that are moving around the place cleaning the floor. My car will email me if they detect some problem with it, when you go to the mechanic he has to plug into my computer to diagnose what the issue is. That used to be the job of the best mechanic, now the computer tells them what to replace. Ever since 9/11 drones and robots have increasingly taken over our military. If you remove a pilot from a plane the plane can operate at higher G forces and it can be smaller making it harder to track and shoot down. Watson demonstrated how powerful AI can be at assisting doctors, Engineers and lawyers. Amazon.com is already experimenting with eliminating delivery men. Manufacturing is highly automated with robots. 3d printers are a stunning addition to the capabilities of robotics. They are already using them to make everything from small items to houses.

It is a simple equation of return on investment. Look at the cost of a self checkout stand, it will pay for itself in about 3 months. That is a stunning return on investment.

One advantage of drones is if they are shot down you don't lose the pilot. That is a huge advantage considering how long it can take to train someone. A second advantage is that these drones can stay aloft for days doing surveillance and the pilots flying them workin shifts.

It is already too late, the cat is out of the bag.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Wow, this is the guy who they say his very words are worth $4 trillion!
And they call Alex a "conspiracy theorist."

Did you listen to the email from hospital admin who gave the numbers of babies who died? 6:55.
This nurse is a very honorable lady. She's one of the handful who lost her job to reveal the mass murder going on at her hospital.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Here where I live you rarely ever see anyone wearing a mask anymore.
Walmart doesn't even carry them anymore because there's no demand for them
At the clinic I go to here in Texas their only suggesting that people with a known or suspected illness wear the mask to protect against spreading the illness to others. In short though if you see someone wearing one it might be a good idea to distance yourself from them....