What's Your Daily or Weekly Spiritual Routine Like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Sounds like you have your thoughts stayed on Him as He requires.
Bless you.(y):):coffee:

Quinn777

Apr 21, 2023
I don't have a routine. I feel constrained by it. I prefer to live each day as it presents itself to me and act accordingly. I do believe there is a reason for everything and God controls it. I hope to be sensitive to each new situation I find myself in each day. When I meet someone or find myself around a group of people I pray for them, for their salvation. When my eyes are amazed by the beauty surrounding me, I thank God for His creation. When I see despair or sadness in people I come to God and ask for His help, guidance and strength. When strangers are kind to me, I thank and praise God. When I'm sick I ask for His healing. When I feel the pressure of this world I spend more time in His word. Each day is different. Each moment inspires a different response. No two days are the same. No routine for me. Just a readiness to His promptings.
Beautiful post! I love the idea of being open to what God presents at the moment: an opportunity for gratitude, for witness, for guidance, etc. Thank you, Brigitte. :giggle:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He indwells the believer, and this sounds like how He desires to be seen by way of His Own.:)(y):unsure::coffee:

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Hi there, and God bless you...I'm always curious to hear about how others integrate their Christian faith into their lives. What is your daily or weekly spiritual routine like? Do you pray every day or every few days? Do you study the Word or read scholarly articles or watch sermons? I have recently begun to Meditate On The Word and love it! My routine starts off with a good cup of coffee early in the morning, Bible in one hand and index cards in the other. I meditate on the Word for a bit (by coloring or imagining scenes), then pray scriptures over my life (index cards), do a simple devotional, and then address prayer requests and prayer intentions - for myself and others. Would love to hear what you do to stay "grounded and founded" His Word and His Plans for your lives. Thanks for sharing!
When we pray, we ask Jesus and the Holy Spirit to join us in prayer.
When I hear a siren, I pray for all involved.

Docgero

Feb 25, 2022
Hi Quinn: I just saw this post. I replied to your post last night but I'm having trouble figuring out this site. I didn't even see your reply to me until a day later. Where do you go on this site to see if you have a reply to a post. I thought they sent an email when your post had a reply and you opened the email for the reply to come up. At the end of my answer to your post last night, the system said that posts cannot be more than 1000 characters. However, they don't tally the characters as you write. If you haven't noticed, I tend to write too much. Writing is a nice form of communication and you can always go back and study what was written to you. What do you mean by coloring the scenes? To answer your question in this post, I don't have a ritual way to pray. I speak to G-d and pray all day and night in my waking hours. However, it seems to be a one way conversation. I don't hear G-d talking back. If I do hear something, I'm not sure if it is G-d talking or my own self- talk. I am in constant communion with G-d. How do I learn to listen to G-d without wondering if I'm talking to myself? If G-d confirms a prayer by answering it, I know it was heard. I need to learn how to listen to G-d and don't know how, or if, G-d even talks to me. I've been a believer for 21 years. I have really never been personally discipled. I should know by now how to hear G-d's voice. Bless you, Steven

Quinn777

Apr 21, 2023
When we pray, we ask Jesus and the Holy Spirit to join us in prayer.
When I hear a siren, I pray for all involved.
I like the comment about praying when you hear a siren. I haven't done it in years. When I was a child, my grandmother always encouraged me to pray because she prayed every time she heard a siren. That is awesome.

May 4, 2023
This is an interesting topic. What do people do regularly for their spiritual lives?

I used to pray the Rosary every day for a while back in about 2008. I got to the point where I prayed it morning and night. I stopped doing it several years ago because I fell out with the Catholic Church and Rosary praying went with it. Nowadays, I just make sure to pray the Lord's prayer each day. It doesn't take as much time as praying the Rosary, but it is something that Jesus told us to do.

I read the whole Bible from 2021 to 2022. It took me less than a year. I definitely grew as a reader because I learned to read faster and for longer periods of time. It takes a lot of patience. I remember the day I finished it because it was the day when the Supreme Court overturned the Roe v. Wade decision. It was nice to finally read the whole thing because I started it years beforehand, but never finished it. Now I know the whole story.

I keep the Sabbaths nowadays. As a Catholic, I was never raised to not work on the Sabbaths. I was just told to make sure to go to Mass once on the weekends. From reading the Bible itself, I have learned to take the Sabbaths as a holy day of rest. I wonder why most of Christianity does not forbid work on the Sabbaths. What happened that made believers to abandon the Sabbath as a day of rest? It seems like the Jews and the Seventh Day Adventists are the only ones that keep to this important commandment.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We are given the opportunity to be in one on one relationship, so I stay in Him 24/7, wajing in the middle of the night a sweet hymn will be playing in my mind.

Jesus told us ALL things are new in Him, we now seek and walk in one on one relationship with Him.
"My sheep know my voice" is what He told His own, He didn't say "My sheep read my book", or "My sheep perform rituals and repetitive prayers".
Blessings

May 13, 2023
Hi there, and God bless you...I'm always curious to hear about how others integrate their Christian faith into their lives. What is your daily or weekly spiritual routine like? Do you pray every day or every few days? Do you study the Word or read scholarly articles or watch sermons? I have recently begun to Meditate On The Word and love it! My routine starts off with a good cup of coffee early in the morning, Bible in one hand and index cards in the other. I meditate on the Word for a bit (by coloring or imagining scenes), then pray scriptures over my life (index cards), do a simple devotional, and then address prayer requests and prayer intentions - for myself and others. Would love to hear what you do to stay "grounded and founded" His Word and His Plans for your lives. Thanks for sharing!
Hello Quinn, I am an african american christian, 60 years old. I saw your question today in the miscellaneous section and read the replies. It is inspiring to see what other christians are doing. I thank you for sharing your post, God has indeed worked through you. The main things that I do have already been shared, I pray and read Bible verses every day in the morning and at night; also I pray during the day according to what circumstances I am dealing with that day. In the morning and
at night I listen to christian music and this helps me a lot. You can contact me through christian chat or through my email address [email protected]. Right now my life is very difficult but I am trusting God one day at a time (If any other christians linked to Quinn's post wish to contact me by email it is alright with me. I thank God for this social network that allows us to connect with others who believe in Jesus)

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I always pray in the morning with my wife, I pray when I get to work in the parking lot for a little bit, I pray sometime in the afternoon and I read my Bible before I go to sleep. Pretty much my routine. Me and my wife sing together usually at least once during the week usually a hymnal. We go to church on Sunday and Wednesday night. I try and talk to someone about something spiritual at work whenever the opportunity arises. Oh, and a lot of times when I get home from work I will raise my hands and pray and thank the Lord for another day and thank Him for helping me through another day. That's my routine stuff.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My routine is sporadic …I guess that somewhat nullifies “routine” … but I have some consistencies. I wake up @5 …. get outta bed….
drag a comb across my head…. find my way downstairs and drink a cup of ~COFFEE~ and study for a while along with prayer……….

Two evenings a week I am teaching (sometimes more) also on Sunday AM.. in between those times
I do research and attempt get to bed by midnight….. (SIT) prayer consistently throughout the day.
A Day In The Life
:D

Zandar

May 16, 2023
When I was a young man, I would print out verses on a sticky tab and put them on my watch band to memorize them during the day, lol.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
When I was a young man, I would print out verses on a sticky tab and put them on my watch band to memorize them during the day, lol.
Now you are older and can't find your watch?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I might possibly have hidden his watch in a mochi ball.

Ain't saying which one.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I have some old watches but all the batts are dead lol. most from the 90s. I wish I had my old casio back i think it was a 1990 model.

MaryM

Nov 25, 2022
I read my King James Bible each afternoon, usually just a chapter or less. I like to absorb it.
I have never tried to memorise any scripture or set myself strict targets. To me that is unnecessary.