What's your favorite Christian songs?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

Zork

Thread question ^^^^

I want some recommendations :)

R

_Ryan_

My all time favorite, is How Great Thou Art

U

Ugly

Would probably help if you gave some idea about what style of music you're looking for.
Also, your post may be more well served in the Music section.

Apr 24, 2012
Thread question ^^^^

I want some recommendations :)
Thank you SO MUCH for asking this question. One of my favorite spiritual songs is called, "How David, When by Sin Deceived" by John Newton, 1779.
Here are the words:

How David, when by sin deceived,
From bad to worse went on!
For when the Holy Spirit’s grieved,
Our strength and guard are gone.

His eye on Bathsheba once fixed,
With poison filled his soul;
He ventured on adultery next,
And murder crowned the whole.

So from a spark of fire at first,
That has not been descried;
A dreadful flame has often burst,
And ravaged far and wide.

When sin deceives it hardens too,
For though he vainly fought
To hide his crimes from public view,
Of God he little thought.

He neither would, or could repent,
No true compunction felt;
’Till God in mercy Nathan sent,
His stubborn heart to melt.

The parable held forth a fact,
Designed his case to show;
But though the picture was exact,
Himself he did not know.

“Thou art the man,” the prophet said,
That word his slumber broke;
And when he owned his sin, and prayed,
The Lord forgiveness spoke.

Let those who think they stand, beware,
For David stood before;
Nor let the fallen soul despair,
For mercy can restore.

J

jesusnme

Casting crowns... its funny i dont have a lot of christian music but i have 4 Casting crowns albums and a dvd.. ! ha so they're brilliant ....

P

psychomom

Casting crowns... its funny i dont have a lot of christian music but i have 4 Casting crowns albums and a dvd.. ! ha so they're brilliant ....
If you like rock, I'm a huge fan of Relient K.
One of my favorites is, 'When I Go Down'.

Here's the link-> Relient K- When I Go Down - YouTube
My kiddos have introduced this old gal to both those bands, and I am thankful. :)

When our son was hospitalized after he had a stroke at 19, Casting Crowns had just released the CD with "Praise You in This Storm" on it. That song, along with "Who Am I"; "Voice of Truth"; and "Your Love Is Extravagant" is what I listened to during that time.
Those songs got me through some dark days, by the mercy and grace of the Lord Jesus. ♥

-ellie

A

aeguz

not guilty by mandia, i will folllow by chris tomlin and hillsong (oceans will part, this is our God, cry of the broken)

Z

Zork

Would probably help if you gave some idea about what style of music you're looking for.
Also, your post may be more well served in the Music section.
No guide-lines, just any kind of music and naaah actually I wanted to ask here to give the teenagers topics to talk about :)

And...thanks everyone for posting recommendations.. Im sorta started getting into Christian music and my favorite so far is Toby Mac's "City on our Knees" it encourages me to evangilize. :)

M

MOMOFGOD

I LIKE ALL KINDS. FROM OLD TIMEY-TO CURRENT AND ALL IN BETWEEN.. FROM HOW GREAT THOU ART, JESUS IS THE SWEETEST NAME I KNOW, AND BECAUSE HE LIVES, TO KUTLESS, WHAT FAITH CAN DO, TOBY MAC, BIG DADDY WEAVE, NATALIE GRANT, THIRD DAY, CHRIS TIOMLIN, MICHAEL W. SMITH, SIDEWALK PROPHETS, FEE, SANTUS REAL, TENTH AVENUE NORTH, MARY MARY, NICOLE MULLEN, JUST TO NAME A FEW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzGAYNKDyIU

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2012
'Heart of Worship' by Hillsong United :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGOjJhMd3A[/video]

P

psychomom

"'Cause it's all about You,

it's all about You, Jesus!" ♥

G

glennmb

I like "He Reigns" by Newsboys

G

glennmb

I like Relient K! I have been a fan of theirs for a long time.