What's your favorite "Classic"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zaoman32

A Clockwork Orange. Note I reference the book NOT the movie. What made it a real clincher for me was its original final chapter where the main character reaches a point of maturity and a sense of right and wrong.

T

twill

A Clockwork Orange. Note I reference the book NOT the movie. What made it a real clincher for me was its original final chapter where the main character reaches a point of maturity and a sense of right and wrong.
I've heard a lot about A Clockwork Orange, lately.

Z

zaoman32

I've heard a lot about A Clockwork Orange, lately.
The original book is in three parts with 7 chapters each, do not bother reading if there are any less. When it got published in the US they left out the last chapter, this caused a lot of problems for number of reasons. For me personally, I never would have read the book more than once had it not been there. Also without the final chapter it becomes nothing more than a freedom to do whatever you want manifesto. Even the author of the book said he wishes he could wipe the book from the face of the planet because of that. It's pretty easy to actually find the full book now, it's a very difficult read because of the content, but still very good.

T

twill

The original book is in three parts with 7 chapters each, do not bother reading if there are any less. When it got published in the US they left out the last chapter, this caused a lot of problems for number of reasons. For me personally, I never would have read the book more than once had it not been there. Also without the final chapter it becomes nothing more than a freedom to do whatever you want manifesto. Even the author of the book said he wishes he could wipe the book from the face of the planet because of that. It's pretty easy to actually find the full book now, it's a very difficult read because of the content, but still very good.
Good to know!

T

Tintin

I didn't know how recent we could go with the classics. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (a Trilogy of Four) are very enjoyable, some more than others.

T

twill

I didn't know how recent we could go with the classics. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (a Trilogy of Four) are very enjoyable, some more than others.
Whales and flowerpots, dude. Far out.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
The Shakespearean novels that I enjoyed reading in English Literature class were Hamlet, The Tempest, and Twelfth Night. Here are some other classics we read that I enjoyed: The Great Gatsby (I totally loved this! I was so absorbed in the story :)), Wuthering Heights, and Pride and Prejudice. Some classics that I own are Treasure Island, The Outsiders, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and Huckleberry Finn, Oliver Twist, and To Kill a Mocking Bird. I'm such a bookworm! (Hehe)

T

Tintin

I hated reading Shakespeare but I admire those who enjoy and understand his plays.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
As a kid I was on a boat usually.
Mutiny on the Bounty/Pitcairns Island/Three men Against the Sea
Two Years Before the Mast
Sea Wolf
Run Silent Run Deep

But the grand daddy for me was a sci-fi read; Ray Bradbury-The Martian Chronicles