What's your favorite Scripture?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

yoej_ogart

Mine is, "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." -1 Timothy 1:17...it's so powerful and true to me! What's your fav one?

Dec 19, 2009
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 RSV

K

kujo313

second part of Isaiah 59:19

When the enemy comes in like a flood , the Spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard against him.

When it was written, there was no punctuation marks. So, as written, is Old Testament.

When the enemy comes in

The enemy WILL try. It's not a matter of "if" but of "when".

like a flood

We've seen the devistation of floods. Water gets in EVERYWHERE. Every nook and cranny. The enemy is going to try to get into every part of your being in order to take you, or somebody else, down.

the Spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard against him.

Sandbags can't stop a flood. It can only stop it for a while; giving people more time to get to safety. The Holy Spirit gives us strength to keep fighting!

NEW TESTAMENT! (move the comma over!)

When the enemy comes in, like a flood the Spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard against him.

We've seen homes and buildings destroyed from tsunamis and hurricanes. With the power of the Holy Spirit, the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony, we can wipe out the enemy!

Drive on, Soldier of God!

Aug 2, 2009
I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you. (the words of our Lord Jesus Christ)
John 14:18

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
(words from God)
Joshua 1:9

The man who loves his life in this world will lose it. But the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. (the words of our Lord Jesus Christ)
John 12:25

Dec 19, 2009
The Life I live now I live by faith in the Son Of God who loved me and gave himself for me

Let him who has never sinned cast the first stone

Sharp

May 5, 2009
Philippians 4:11

For I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content !!!!!!!!!!

J

Jordan9

1 John 4:20

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Psalm 73:

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

and

Matthew 4:4 (Duet 8:3)

"'Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

That's 2 of my favs at the moment. I think as we go into different parts of our lives, trials etc, we will use different scriptures for comfort. That's why it is important to memorize the word. The Holy Spirit will bring the right verse to mind when needed.

L

lighthousejohn

Mine is, "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." -1 Timothy 1:17...it's so powerful and true to me! What's your fav one?
I have to claiim two verses because they go together.

Matthew 28:19-20 "19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I like verse 19 because it gives my life purpose and verse 20 because I know that I am never alone.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I have to claiim two verses because they go together.

Matthew 28:19-20 "19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I like verse 19 because it gives my life purpose and verse 20 because I know that I am never alone.

I love that John.. a purpose in our life and we are never alone :)

M

Mulehide

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy overthee with singing.

Y

yoej_ogart

AMEN AMEN AMEEEEN to all of those scriptures! You guys are so 'woo hoo' with God :) God bless!!!