What's your wroship day like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I went to a Messianic Synagogue (Christian Jews) last night. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew it would be interesting. It seemed like a mix of Pentecostal and Catholic which was a rather odd combination. It wasn't Pentecostal in the sense of speaking in tongues or anything like that. It was Pentecostal in the sense of the people's passion and Catholic in the sense of their duty to ritual (a lot of it didn't come from the Bible but was more so based on things in the Bible).

Anyway, they danced around, blew the shofar, shouted praises to God, read liturgy, talked about the Messiah Jesus. I really loved their music and dance, but I wish the message could've been longer. And I got a kick out of the two larger women to my right who were belting out praises to God. :D Was funny even if it made me a little red in the face. :eek: I found I was sweating without even moving a muscle.

Usually I prefer long, long, long informative messages and no music. In fact I usually get to church on Sunday just in time for the music to end and the message to start. You could say my worship day isn't filled with much worship, but that wouldn't be entirely true. The Bible says that obedience is a form of worship, too. So in short I like:

1. Informative teaching
2. A very short period of inspiring music
3. Relaxed atmosphere but not where everyone is freaking out and rolling on the floor
4. No liturgy or ritual whatsoever - unless it is commanded by God

What about you guys?

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I went to a Messianic Synagogue (Christian Jews) last night. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew it would be interesting. It seemed like a mix of Pentecostal and Catholic which was a rather odd combination. It wasn't Pentecostal in the sense of speaking in tongues or anything like that. It was Pentecostal in the sense of the people's passion and Catholic in the sense of their duty to ritual (a lot of it didn't come from the Bible but was more so based on things in the Bible).

Anyway, they danced around, blew the shofar, shouted praises to God, read liturgy, talked about the Messiah Jesus. I really loved their music and dance, but I wish the message could've been longer. And I got a kick out of the two larger women to my right who were belting out praises to God. :D Was funny even if it made me a little red in the face. :eek: I found I was sweating without even moving a muscle.

Usually I prefer long, long, long informative messages and no music. In fact I usually get to church on Sunday just in time for the music to end and the message to start. You could say my worship day isn't filled with much worship, but that wouldn't be entirely true. The Bible says that obedience is a form of worship, too. So in short I like:

1. Informative teaching
2. A very short period of inspiring music
3. Relaxed atmosphere but not where everyone is freaking out and rolling on the floor
4. No liturgy or ritual whatsoever - unless it is commanded by God

What about you guys?
Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Lol. This reminds me of a Pentecostal church with a lot of ritual I visited where I witnessed people sporadically standing up to make prophecies and some people were screaming, running down the aisles, and rolling and shaking on the floor supposedly filled with the Holy Spirit. It seemed unbefitting and fake to me but if they were truly filled with the Holy Spirit then hallelujah, glory to God. On another occasion the audience were "slain in the Spirit"; it looked like a mess with half the congregation on the floor. I dislike churches that look more like a playground.

I prefer services that are a bit informal and lively and at the same time orderly. Also, moderate length (about half an hour) sermon and interactive sessions where the congregation can ask questions, share ideas, give testimonies, etc., is my preference.

I was invited to another church where the pastor just said a three-minute scriptural exhortation then the rest of the service was used for singing and watching movies. Everyone was dancing and people were sweating and had to take off layers of clothes. Then I came to the realization that I was not in a church service but in a dance party :rolleyes:. While worshiping God through songs of praises is great, I believe it should also include adequate searching of the scriptures by rightly dividing the word and edifying one another with words of exhortation :).

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I was invited to another church where the pastor just said a three-minute scriptural exhortation then the rest of the service was used for singing and watching movies. Everyone was dancing and people were sweating and had to take off layers of clothes. Then I came to the realization that I was not in a church service but in a dance party :rolleyes:. While worshiping God through songs of praises is great, I believe it should also include adequate searching of the scriptures by rightly dividing the word and edifying one another with words of exhortation :).
lol I agree. It does seem like a concert or dance hall. I like to go to church to learn. It's also nice to pray and sing a little.

B

blink69nix0

hnmmm, well I worshiped in private room,a place that no one will disturb. Between me and GOD alone so that i can focus my attention only for him. Then I'll pray earnestly about the things that I've done.I just talk to him everything especially about life, family, people and about him.