When did Christ save you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
No, you were already saved. That's when you accepted what Christ had already done.
so.. are you saying that all men are saved even without placing their faith in him? because if they were already saved then why do people go to hell? if I misunderstood you then I apologize

S

suzzane

It may have been thought of and decided before the foundation of the world but it still had not been accomplished.

I'm afraid this attitude will detract from the actual death and resurrection of Christ as a secondary issue.
Bare with me i am learning your site..
Holding somewhat the same view as Grace 777.. here is my thoughts on your statement.. When i got it in my head/heart that the death of Christ Jesus was so important it appears to the be the center of God history.. The idea made His death and resurrection that much more in the forefront that much more pressing that much more vital.God was always going to send Jesus .. o what Grace what Mercy.. Amazing grace... :)

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Herein is the plain teaching of the scriptures:

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Act s16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

The question by the Philippian jailer is what to be saved? Paul ans Silas gave the answer.
So when did the jailer saved? Simply, when he believed Christ.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
When was i saved ... before the foundations of the world...

Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Hi,

Words colored in blue makes the big difference from the scripture cited.

Be blessed!

S

suzzane

Guess i messed up my verbiage i do not see a strike through so i made the incorrect word light gray . What an Awesome God we serve.. . When was i saved ... before from the foundations of the world...

Rev_13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Nov 22, 2015
It appears that different translations use different words... these scripture below say Christ was before the foundation of the world. At any rate I still love the fact that Jesus/ Father/Holy Spirit were thinking of us in their heart way before we came into being on this earth. It makes the whole plan of salvation and His death on the cross so alive of His love for me! I love it!

Ephesians 1:4 (NASB)
[SUP]4 [/SUP] just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love
Matthew 25:34 (NASB)
[SUP]34 [/SUP] "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Hi,

Words colored in blue makes the big difference from the scripture cited.

Be blessed!

Oct 3, 2015
so.. are you saying that all men are saved even without placing their faith in him? because if they were already saved then why do people go to hell? if I misunderstood you then I apologize

Rom 5:18...."through one act of righteousness (Christ's doing & dying - a finished work) there resulted ju
stification of life to all men."

"All men", through Christ's doing & dying, have been justified to eternal life.

Here's another one:

Titus 3:4 But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,5 He saved us (pass tense), not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,6 whom He poured out upon us richly in Jesus Christ our Savior,7 so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life...

S

sydlit

Guess i messed up my verbiage i do not see a strike through so i made the incorrect word light gray . What an Awesome God we serve.. . When was i saved ...before from the foundations of the world...

hi, suzzane. I often wondered about the use of the words before and from. Are they just diff ways of saying the same thing? I use kjv, but i admit, i dont study nearly like i should. I dont know how much it matters, tho. Jesus died for my sins and rose from the grave and paid my entrance into His kingdom, Praise the Lord, so before or from. ?... idk, His plan from eternity past...our inheritance for eternity now and ever. God's great grace. :)

S

suzzane

hi, suzzane. I often wondered about the use of the words before and from. Are they just diff ways of saying the same thing? I use kjv, but i admit, i dont study nearly like i should. I dont know how much it matters, tho. Jesus died for my sins and rose from the grave and paid my entrance into His kingdom, Praise the Lord, so before or from. ?... idk, His plan from eternity past...our inheritance for eternity now and ever. God's great grace. :)
I agree .. The Word IMO blends into it self ... Yes about 2000 years ago He bore my sins on the Cross.. yet i had not sinned ( i am old but not THAT old) That was the Plan laid out way back... His Word is amazing.. the way it intertwines
for sure great grace..