when divorce is allowed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
in 1 corinthians 7 paul says if an unbelieving spouse wants a divorce to let them go. we are not bound in this case. paul said he was saying it not the lord, yet i believe it is god's will because paul then said, i think i have the spirit of god. i believe what this means is that what paul was writting switched from what jesus christ the lord said to what paul in the holy spirit said. that means that it is all from god but from a different witness of god. i believe when god allows divorce he allows remarriage. he does not allow remarriage if he did not approve of the divorce, read matt. 5 or matt 19 about divorce.i believe jesus did not teach this during his ministry because no-one was born again yet and no-one was in this situation. i believe jesus agrees with paul and the holy spirit gave this to paul. this does not make all divorce okay. read the whole text in 1 corinthians 7 and matt. 5 or matt. 19. god bless.

Feb 23, 2011
in 1 corinthians 7 paul says if an unbelieving spouse wants a divorce to let them go. we are not bound in this case. paul said he was saying it not the lord, yet i believe it is god's will because paul then said, i think i have the spirit of god. i believe what this means is that what paul was writting switched from what jesus christ the lord said to what paul in the holy spirit said. that means that it is all from god but from a different witness of god. i believe when god allows divorce he allows remarriage. he does not allow remarriage if he did not approve of the divorce, read matt. 5 or matt 19 about divorce.i believe jesus did not teach this during his ministry because no-one was born again yet and no-one was in this situation. i believe jesus agrees with paul and the holy spirit gave this to paul. this does not make all divorce okay. read the whole text in 1 corinthians 7 and matt. 5 or matt. 19. god bless.
No, Paul is addressing Roman verbal divorce, just as Jesus was addressing Jewish verbal divorce in Matt. 5 & 19.