When does the soul really get saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2009
Today there are many nations claim themselves as a "christian"nationz and if u ask anybody are you saved ,this is the answerrs u hear from them "yes" and if we ask em how. the answer you get is this "cuz there was a time wen i repeated a lil prayer called salvation prayer and i am saved". i luked the whole book for this prayer and i could find none so i asked ma self this "wen does a soul of human being really get saved.
i beleive its wen u cry out for mercy of God and not only confess him from ur mouth and beleive from ur heart ..i beleive the spirit of God saves him cuz of his repented heart how ever i see today christianity has become a lil methord all around the world . if some one repeats that pray the christians walks and pats him on their bak and say brother ur saved..i don think we say ppl ur saved well tell em how to be saved,showing them fromt the word of God wat jesus did on that cross, by drinkin from that cup of wrath of the father and dying on that tree ,raising up from the grave who is mighty to save..
i see many people praying a lil prayer and living a same life style and deceiving them selves cuz wen a person gets saved the spirit of God does work in him/her that we began to see a changeintaht person..
longing for holiness and for GOd ,hate for the things taht he used to love and loving the things of God that he used to hate ..
getin saved is not a ticket to heaven ,its an honour to know the God who crerated heaven and earth and us ,not sayin al saved ones are perfect but wen hez saved ur a new creation .

Jan 8, 2009
that's true it's when they believe in the heart and confess with the mouth it says that in Romans..8?

A person saying a "sinners prayer" is a confession with the mouth, and unless they are lying to themselves and don't really believe we have to believe it is genuine. In fact it might be the first prayer they've ever prayed and it can kick-start their prayer life. So we shouldn't think that every person praying a little prayer is not a real convert. It is often the first step a person takes in their walk with God and not every conversion is a wizz-bang flat-on-your face tear-jerking emotional response to the Gospel. And when a person is first saved they are a baby and take baby steps so we can't think they will automatically become a mature believer in an instance they will grow and mature as they are discipled.

N

NoahsMom

When does a soul really get saved?..........When they finally get to see Jesus face to face. I look at it like this, Im here, Im born again...Im there, Im SAVED!

C

carpetmanswife

quote=NoahsMom;17293]When does a soul really get saved?..........When they finally get to see Jesus face to face. I look at it like this, Im here, Im born again...Im there, Im SAVED![/quote]
:D AGREED!!!

S

Slepsog4

The term salvation involves the totality of a person.

Man is a composite being made of spirit, soul, and body (1 Th. 5:23)

Our spirit was saved immediately in the new birth.

Our soul is being saved in the process of sanctification (renewing the mind, etc.)

Our body will be saved in the resurrection when we put on immortality (1 Cor. 15)

T

twistedlinen

1Jn 5:11-12 says "He who has the Son has life, He who does not have the Son of God does not have life".

I truly believed if you've accepted Jesus in your life then you have eternal life., and having Him in your life means living a CHRISTian life
2Cor 5:17

S

sonofjay817

Our soul is being saved in the process of sanctification (renewing the mind, etc.)

Our body will be saved in the resurrection when we put on immortality (1 Cor. 15)

Hey, I like the way you stated this. Good job!

B

Baptistrw

Well said. We are saved, we are being saved, and will be saved. We are saved from the penalty of sin, we are being saved from the power of sin, and we will be saved from the presence of sin.

J

jesse

Well said. We are saved, we are being saved, and will be saved. We are saved from the penalty of sin, we are being saved from the power of sin, and we will be saved from the presence of sin.
......Romans 10:9&10 (being born of God's spirit) confess with your mouth believe with your heart these verses . in Christ's love Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.