When Healing Doesn't Occur

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sparkman

I am not a big fan of Word of Faith theology.

There are many reasons why I don't like Word of Faith theology: one, it can create unmet expectations in believers, which leads to doubt. Two, I have seen Word of Faith people attempt to persuade seekers or unbelievers by recounting stories concerning miraculous healings that, as a believer, I personally doubt, rather than focusing on a clear explanation of the gospel message. It annoys me to no end when discussing salvation concepts with an unbeliever, and others in the chat room make outlandish claims about raising the dead and miraculous healings. I do believe God heals, and I believe SOME of the accounts, but others are not credible to me as a believer. For instance, some individuals claim they raised the dead, even out of a casket or in a morgue (like they are going to have access to bodies in a morgue, or such stories would go unreported by the news). I suspect these individuals are mentally ill or led by Satan to say things that cause Christians to be ridiculed by unbelievers, and I really hate it when such individuals get involved in conversations with scoffers, because the scoffers have ample evidence to back their claim that some Christians are foolish.

Three, I think that Word of Faith people, whether they will admit it or not, are making implicit claims that Christians who aren't healed are inferior in some sort of way spiritually. I think it takes MORE faith to keep on walking with God when the evidence isn't there, than when it is, like when actual healing has taken place. Christians walk by faith and not by sight. Their messages seems to be that if you don't have the results in this life, you don't have faith, and that's a bogus claim. In fact, if God always supplied the evidence in this life, then we wouldn't need to walk by faith..it would always be evidenced in the reality. Four, God is sovereign and he controls all things, especially in the lives of believers. Most often, Word of Faith people have very WEAK views of God's sovereignty...disgustingly weak. Scripture clearly states that ALL THINGS, including things we perceive as bad, happen for the good of those who love God (Romans 8:28-30). God doesn't fall off his throne when "bad" things happen to people. Fifth, Word of Faith people seem to be oblivious to the fact that sickness or physical conditions can further the person's sanctification and growth. God is forming those that he redeems like a potter forms clay. The end result is something beautiful. These events are not lost time in God's economy.

Anyways I am researching this topic of healing again. I belonged to an aberrant organization (cult), founded by Herbert Armstrong, long ago that taught bad theology in this way, claiming that those who weren't healed lacked something spiritually, so it's not like it's a new idea for me, but it's been a long time since I studied this topic.

I found this article by Sam Storms that expresses my view pretty well.

Why God Doesn't Always Heal (2 Corinthians 12:8-10) by Dr. Sam Storms
God loved the apostle Paul. Yet God sovereignly orchestrated his painful thorn in the flesh and then declined to remove it, notwithstanding Paul's passionate prayer that he be healed.

We are not apostles. Yet, as his children, no less so than Paul, God loves us too. We don't know the nature of Paul's thorn, but each of us has undoubtedly suffered in a similar way, and some considerably worse. We, like Paul, have prayed incessantly to be healed. Or perhaps knowing of a loved one's "thorn" we have prayed for them. And again, like Paul, God declined to remove it. Why?

It's hard to imagine a more difficult, confusing, and controversial topic than why God chooses not to heal in response to the intercessory pleas of his people. I don't profess to have all the answers, but I think I've got a few. I'm sure that this meditation will provoke many to anger and frustration, while others, I pray, will find a measure of comfort.

In the final analysis, virtually everything about healing remains a mystery. I don't mind saying that I'm weary of those who claim to reduce healing to a formula or a manageable cause and effect phenomenon in which we can know with certainty why some are healed and why others are not. I've labored in this meditation to avoid falling into that trap. That said, I would like to suggest that the reason why many are not healed may possibly be answered in any one of seven ways.

(1) Although we must be careful in giving more weight to the role of faith than does the NT itself, we also must be willing to acknowledge that occasionally healing does not occur because of the absence of that sort of faith that God delights to honor.

This does not mean that every time a person isn't healed it is because of a defective faith or that if only a more robust and doubt-free faith were in exercise that healing would inevitably follow. But it does mean that faith is very important. How can we conclude otherwise in view of the many texts in which healing is closely linked to someone's faith? I hope you'll take the time to pause and read these passages: Matthew 9:22, 28-29; 15:28; Mark 2:5,11; 5:34; 9:17-24; Mark 10:52; Luke 17:19; Acts 3:16; 14:8-10; James 5:14-16.

In my book on spiritual gifts I asked the question: "Why did Jesus emphasize faith?" Neither he nor his Father need it. They could have orchestrated life such that something other than faith would be the condition on which they would heal. They are not hampered or hindered by the faithlessness or prayerlessness of the sick person or those who pray for his/her healing. The reason is this: faith glorifies God. Faith points us away from ourselves to him. Faith turns us away from our own power and resources to his. Faith says, "Lord, I am nothing and you are everything. I entrust myself to your care. I cling to you alone. My confidence is in your word and character no matter what happens."

Faith is not a weapon by which we demand things from God or put him in subjection to us. Faith is an act of self-denial. Faith is a renunciation of one's ability to do anything and a confession that God can do everything. Faith derives its power not from the spiritual energy of the person who believes, but from the supernatural efficacy of the person who is believed: God! It is not faith's act but its object that accounts for the miraculous.

(2) Sometimes healing does not occur because of the presence of sin for which there has been no confession or repentance. James 5:15-16 clearly instructs us to confess our sins to one another and pray for one another that we may be healed. Again, please do not conclude from this that each time a person isn't healed it is because he/she has committed some specific sin of which they have refused to repent. But in some cases this is undoubtedly true.

(3) Although it sounds odd to many at first hearing, healing may not happen because the sick don't want it to happen. Jesus asked the paralyzed man in John 5:6, "Do you want to be healed?" What on the surface may appear to be a ridiculous question is, on further examination, found to be profoundly insightful.

Some people who suffer from a chronic affliction become accustomed to their illness and to the pattern of life it requires. Their identity is to a large extent wrapped up in their physical disability. They enjoy their dependency on others and the special attention it brings them. In some instances they don't want the responsibilities that would come with being healthy. This is not a common phenomenon, but it does happen in a few cases.

(4) We must also consider the principle articulated in James 4:2, where we are told that "you do not have, because you do not ask." The simple fact is that some are not healed because they do not pray. Perhaps they pray once or twice, and then allow discouragement to paralyze their petitions. Prayer for healing often must be prolonged, sustained, persevering, and combined with fasting.

(5) Some are not healed because the demonic cause of the affliction has not been addressed. Please do not jump to unwarranted conclusions. I am not suggesting that all physical disease is demonically induced. Of course, it is interesting, is it not, that in Paul's case God used "a messenger of Satan" to inflict the thorn. There is also the case of the woman in Luke 13 "who had a disabling spirit [or, a spirit of infirmity] for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself" (Luke 13:11). According to Jesus, "Satan" had "bound" her (Luke 13:16; see also Acts 10:38).

It takes considerable discernment, time, and patience to determine if an illness has a demonic cause, together with even greater commitment to praying for that individual and leading them to address the reasons for their spiritual oppression. When these factors are ignored, healing may not be forthcoming.

(6) We must also consider the mystery of divine providence. There are undoubtedly times and seasons in the purposes of God during which his healing power is withdrawn or at least largely diminished. God may have any number of reasons for this to which we are not privy, whether to discipline a wayward and rebellious church or to create a greater desperation for his power or to wean us off excessive dependence on physical comfort and convenience or any number of other possibilities. If this leaves you confused, that's why it's called a mystery!

But what must we say when the problem isn't the absence of faith or the presence of a demon or the refusal to repent or the failure to pray or a lack of desire? How then do we account for on-going physical affliction, as in Paul's case? I strongly urge you to carefully read the next point.

(7) Often times there are dimensions of spiritual growth and moral development and increase in the knowledge of God in us that he desires MORE than our physical health, experiences that in his wisdom God has determined can only be attained by means or in the midst of or in response to less than perfect physical health. In other words, healing the sick is a good thing (and we should never cease to pray for it), but often there is a better thing that can only be attained by means of physical weakness.

More important to God than our physical health is our spiritual holiness. This isn't to say the body isn't important. God isn't a Gnostic! He values and has redeemed our bodies and now dwells within them as his eternal temple. But while we live in this corrupt and decaying world, inner and spiritual conformity to the image of Christ often comes only at the expense of or at least simultaneous with physical deterioration and suffering (see 2 Cor. 4:16-18).

Let me personalize this principle. If I believe Romans 8:28, that God sovereignly orchestrates all events in my life for my ultimate spiritual good (and preeminently for his ultimate glory), I can only conclude that, all things being equal, if I'm not healed it is because God values something in me greater than my physical comfort and health that he, in his infinite wisdom and kindness, knows can only be attained by means of my physical affliction and the lessons of submission, dependency, and trust in God that I learn from it.

In the final analysis, we may never know why a person isn't healed. What, then, ought to be our response? In the first place, don't stop praying! Some people find this difficult to swallow. Many times I've been asked: "Why should Paul bother to pray for release from something that God wills to inflict?" The answer is because Paul didn't know what God's will was in this particular case until such time as God chose to make it known. And neither do you or I with regard to any particular illness that we may suffer.

If the Lord had never said in response to Paul's prayer, "No, it isn't my will that you be relieved of this thorn," Paul would have been justified, indeed required, to continue to pray for his healing. I once heard Jack Taylor put it this way: "Never cease praying for healing until you are shown otherwise either by divine revelation or death!" If you are able to discern, as did Paul, through some prophetic disclosure or other legitimate biblical means that it is not God's will now or ever to heal you, you may cease asking him to do so. Otherwise, short of death itself, you must persevere in prayer. You never know but that God's ultimate and long-term will for you is complete healing after he has for a season accomplished his short-term sanctifying purpose.

In Paul's case, the only reason he ceased asking for deliverance was because God, in effect, told him to shut up! "No, Paul. I'm not going to heal you. It isn't my will in this instance that you be set free from this affliction. Rather, I have a higher purpose in view: your humility and my Son's glory manifest in the context of your on-going weakness."

To which Paul, in effect, replied: "O.K., Lord, I'll shut up and submit to your merciful purpose in my life. I know you love me and desire what is ultimately of greatest good for my spiritual growth. Therefore, my prayer now is that you maximize in me the beneficial effects of this pain. Don't let me miss out on any spiritual good that might come my way from this malady. Teach me everything I need to know and sustain me that I might be a platform for the glory of Christ and a source of comfort to other suffering saints."

I'm sure there are other ways to account for why God chooses not to heal, but I trust that these have proven helpful. There is much I do not know about this matter, but of this I'm quite certain: God's grace is sufficient in all circumstances so that we, "for the sake of Christ" (2 Cor. 12:10a), might learn that in our weakness his power is made perfect!

Sam Storms

S

sparkman

I wonder if some individuals who are fixated on these manifestations of God's power are similar to the crowds who followed Christ looking for miraculous signs, yet never really experiencing an actual conversion. If their relationship with God is bound up in experiencing physical healing rather than spiritual healing, they are really in a bad place.

I didn't mention this point, but I also strongly dislike making alleged healings a clown show like some do. Benny Hinn comes to mind.

Also, someone accused me of experiential theology (basing my theology only on observations) when I asked them to provide clear-cut examples of healing. I was giving the person the benefit of the doubt that they would convey reliable accounts of healing. I don't think they could supply me with any accounts that would be credible, so they referred to my position as experiential theology. Actually, I believe God can and does heal; I just don't think it's always his sovereign will to heal a given individual, nor do I think that experiences regarding sickness and health conditions are lost in God's economy. I'm also not naïve enough to believe the more outlandish claims of some individuals. If my pastor told me someone was healed, since I've listened to him for a few years and know he's of sound mind, I'd believe him. I can't say the same for most people I've chatted with on internet forums. I wasn't born yesterday.

Nov 22, 2015
No amount of man-made philosophy and human reasoning and experience can replace the fact that Jesus is perfect theology.

As far as healing goes.....it is the will of the Father for all of us to be well physically...some don't get healed...the same way some people get saved and others don't.....some do get healed...

Whether people get saved or healed has nothing to do with what the Father's will is for us.....obviously there are "other reasons " why people don't get saved or healed. That's a question for the Lord.

..our outer body is getting older and decaying away and thank God we will get a new one some day..but sickness is not from God.

All who came to Jesus were healed..

You never see Jesus saying to those who came to Him for healing saying anything like the examples below:

1) I can't heal you today as you have sin in your life....

2) No healing for you until you repent of hating your mother-in-law

3) No can do..no healing for you...you have a generational curse that needs to be taken care of first.

4) Definitely I will NOT heal you - as the Father wants to "teach" you something

All these above are man-made traditions and religious beliefs not grounded on the word of God. We cannot make our experience change what Jesus did in His life here on earth to reveal the heart and will of our good, loving Father.

Jesus did the will of the Father. God does not cause sickness to happen but He sure can prove His love and grace for us in every situation when we are attacked and will meet us where our faith is at the time.

Jesus is perfect theology:

Jesus is the exact representation of the Father's nature and displayed His heart and will for us. Jesus said no one knows my Father.

So, whatever understanding of God we get from the Old Covenant that doesn't line up with Jesus' manifestation of the Father will be inaccurate.

Hebrews 1:1-3 (NASB)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
[SUP]2 [/SUP] in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
[SUP]3 [/SUP] And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Nov 22, 2015
healing is definitely in the true gospel message.....as can be seen when Paul preached the gospel in Lystra. in Acts 14.

Acts 14:7-10 (NASB)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] and there they continued to preach the gospel. [SUP]8 [/SUP] At Lystra a man was sitting who had no strength in his feet, lame from his mother's womb, who had never walked.
[SUP]9 [/SUP] This man was listening to Paul as he spoke, who, when he had fixed his gaze on him and had seen that he had faith to be made well,
[SUP]10 [/SUP] said with a loud voice, "Stand upright on your feet." And he leaped up and began to walk.

Paul was preaching the GOSPEL.... the man lame was listening to Paul and then he had faith to be made whole...where did this man get faith to be made whole in his body?

Romans 10:17 (NASB)
[SUP]17 [/SUP] So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

The man that was lame from birth heard in the preaching of the gospel of the grace of Christ that he could be made whole. He believed...Paul saw it in him and encouraged him to act on his faith.

Healing is a part of the gospel of the grace of Christ as being born-again is.

Nov 22, 2015
Another observation from my life...I cannot let circumstances or time to define for me what truth is or what God's nature is like and what His will is - I needed to let truth and God's true nature to define itself and it is clearly seen in the life of our Lord Jesus as He is the exact representation of the Father's true nature and will for His children whom He loves dearly and fiercely.

This is where the world and religious tradition will fight tooth and nail to persuade us otherwise to what truth is concerning the nature and will of our loving, good Father.

Ephesians 2:7 (NASB)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Nov 22, 2015
All that came to Jesus were healed...

Matthew 4:24 (KJV)
[SUP]24 [/SUP] And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

Matthew 8:16 (KJV)
[SUP]16 [/SUP] When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:

Matthew 12:15 (KJV)
[SUP]15 [/SUP] But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;

Luke 6:19 (KJV)
[SUP]19 [/SUP] And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

Acts 10:38 (NASB)
[SUP]38 [/SUP] "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

1 John 3:8 (KJV)
[SUP]8 [/SUP] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. Fo
r this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Jesus is perfect theology: He came to do the will of the Father and to reveal the Father to us. Jesus is the exact representation of the nature and will of the Father.

Hebrews 1:3 (NASB)
[SUP]3 [/SUP] And He is the radiance of His glory and th
e exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

May 15, 2013
God heals, but only to those that turns to Him. Some people said that they has turned to Him, but when you has doubted, you had just glanced at Him, not fully turn to Him. The word of God has came to Abraham through visions from angels; and he had a vision to leave his safe haven and to go out into the wilderness to settle; but a famine has destroyed all his means of survival; but instead of doubting, he did not returned back to his safe haven. But now we has the word of God comes through a different messengers rather through celestial beings, but through the Bible and through the testimonies of others peoples. I noticed that on one post, that there is someone that did not believe about my experiences as an infant, but this person has been on this site longer than the others and claimed themselves as someone that has faith in God. If someone want to know if they are born again, they will believes that God can do anything as He wishes to do; but if you doesn't believe, but doubts, then that person has not even put their hands on the plow yet.

Matthew 13:15 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

Matthew 9:28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied.

Genesis 18:14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

James 1:8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

The major similarity between the first Jamestown settlers and the first Plymouth settlers was great human suffering.
November was too late to plant crops. Many settlers died of scurvy and malnutrition during that horrible first winter. Of the 102 original Mayflower passengers, only 44 survived. Again like in Jamestown, the kindness of the local Native Americans saved them from a frosty death.
The Pilgrims' remarkable courage was displayed the following spring. When the Mayflower returned to Europe, not a single Pilgrim deserted Plymouth. William Bradford and the First Thanksgiving [ushistory.org]

S

sparkman

Does God exempt believers from the natural results of aging? I don't see evidence to support that assertion. If He did, then Satan would have a point when he mentioned in Job that Christians only follow God because he provides physical benefits and blessings to them.

In other words, if one's underlying motives relate to what God can do for us, like a cosmic vending machine, then our faith is really pathetic as it is not based on love of God but is based on what he does for us physically.

Job is really a killer when it comes to Word of Faith teaching. One, it teaches that God allows bad things to happen to righteous people. Job's righteousness was not in question. Two, it proves that suffering can further sanctification. Three, Job clearly proves that God is sovereign over all things, and that anything which happens to believers must pass through God's permissive grid. God is sovereign even over the activities of Satan.

Like I said, Word of Faith people have the most disgusting views of God's sovereignty. Everything that they view as "bad" must come from Satan without God's sovereignty allowing it in their view.

Note that Job came to a deeper level of understanding of God's nature through the experience:

Job 42:1-642 Then Job answered the Lord and said,
[SUP]2 [/SUP]“I know that You can do all things,
And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’
Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.”
[SUP]4 [/SUP]‘Hear, now, and I will speak;
I will ask You, and You instruct me.’
[SUP]5 [/SUP]“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear;
But now my eye sees You;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Therefore I retract,
And I repent in dust and ashes.”

There are a lot of verses I could quote in regards to God's sovereignty even over "bad things" and I likely will when I have more time. :)

I think the roots of most bad teaching is a pathetic view of God's sovereignty and a failure to acknowledge His authority over all things.

By the way, Jesus himself said in the Great Commission that he now has authority over "all things". So, anything "bad" that does happen doesn't happen without his permission. Satan may be a custodian over UNBELIEVERS, but the custodian works for God almighty, who owns all things. And, believers are under the kingdom of light, not the kingdom of darkness.

Matt 28:18-20 [SUP]18 [/SUP]And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[SUP][a][/SUP] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, [SUP]20 [/SUP]teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2015
Job is a wonderful picture of the Lord's true nature in that Job received his healing and restoration and he definitely did learn from all things about God ..once God showed up and showed him the difference.

The Lord will use any situation to reveal His love and grace towards us.

Remember Jesus is perfect theology......
Jesus said..no man knows the Father and He came to reveal the Father to us. Jesus is perfect theology over man-made traditions and philosophies

Here is a grace-based view of the book of Job...if anyone is interested..great teaching and I find the comments below the articles great too because people ask questions..etc.

Search Results job – Escape to Reality

May 15, 2013
What is the natural results for aging? The devil put in our minds doubts through relatives and friends or books, because he love it when we give up. But it is up to us to listen to him or the truth.

Deuteronomy 34:7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone.

[video]https://youtu.be/VVs7pa1EKrQ[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/IfWy2DpUe64[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/uKJaZDGVNWA[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/0zjhSlJN-Qw[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/tDIauBNkoSY[/video]

Feb 7, 2015
God heals, but only to those that turns to Him. Some people said that they has turned to Him, but when you has doubted, you had just glanced at Him, not fully turn to Him. The word of God has came to Abraham through visions from angels; and he had a vision to leave his safe haven and to go out into the wilderness to settle; but a famine has destroyed all his means of survival; but instead of doubting, he did not returned back to his safe haven. But now we has the word of God comes through a different messengers rather through celestial beings, but through the Bible and through the testimonies of others peoples. I noticed that on one post, that there is someone that did not believe about my experiences as an infant, but this person has been on this site longer than the others and claimed themselves as someone that has faith in God. If someone want to know if they are born again, they will believes that God can do anything as He wishes to do; but if you doesn't believe, but doubts, then that person has not even put their hands on the plow yet.

Matthew 13:15 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

Matthew 9:28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied.

Genesis 18:14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

James 1:8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

James 4:8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

The major similarity between the first Jamestown settlers and the first Plymouth settlers was great human suffering.
November was too late to plant crops. Many settlers died of scurvy and malnutrition during that horrible first winter. Of the 102 original Mayflower passengers, only 44 survived. Again like in Jamestown, the kindness of the local Native Americans saved them from a frosty death.
The Pilgrims' remarkable courage was displayed the following spring. When the Mayflower returned to Europe, not a single Pilgrim deserted Plymouth. William Bradford and the First Thanksgiving [ushistory.org]

We have trouble right here when we remember the father who told Jesus he had disbelief. (or, "unbelief")

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
We must learn to listen to what God purposes in every situation. Jesus even said "I do those things I see my Father doing, and say those things I hear my Father saying".

Many times when people have asked me to pray for them for healing, I have a strong thought or a deep feeling in my spirit that it is not to be. I don't know why. But, I pray very differently - according to what I sense God wants to give that person. And even though others are praying for their healing, they are not healed.

There have been other times when I HEAR a strong yes and my faith is there to pray for healing. Especially to receive healing for myself.

In asking other to pray for me, I usually ask them to discern first what the Lord wants to give me. (healing, etc.). Once they get that discernment, their prayer is so much stronger and sure (faith).

A year before my husband died, the Lord made it clear to me that he would not be healed, but would rather gain many blessings as he neared death and would give many to the family. He also felt he needed to "put his house in order". And since there is "time to die" wherein many blessings could happen, so many people are missing that time because they are too busy "claiming healing".

God will answer if we but only listen.

Nov 22, 2015
I agree with you that there is much to learn in every situation and every one is different. God does have a perfect will for us and Jesus did come to destroy the works of the devil who comes to kill, steal and destroy.

Many times people will not be healed and why that is.....I don't know...He knows all. But all this still does not negate that Jesus showed us the will and heart of the Father when He came to reveal the Father to us. Jesus always remains perfect theology even if our experiences say otherwise.

I have heard many times the exact same thing from people who believe that God's will is to heal - that this person will not be healed but their end will be a blessing and it is the love and grace of God for us no matter what situation we are in. The Lord loves us fiercely. I had the exact thing happen to my mother.

I'm blessed to hear your story of how God blessed your husband in his finals days here on earth. You know that now he looks like he is in his 20's in heaven now?...and the same goes for my mother!...the Lord is so good!

We must learn to listen to what God purposes in every situation. Jesus even said "I do those things I see my Father doing, and say those things I hear my Father saying".

Many times when people have asked me to pray for them for healing, I have a strong thought or a deep feeling in my spirit that it is not to be. I don't know why. But, I pray very differently - according to what I sense God wants to give that person. And even though others are praying for their healing, they are not healed.

There have been other times when I HEAR a strong yes and my faith is there to pray for healing. Especially to receive healing for myself.

In asking other to pray for me, I usually ask them to discern first what the Lord wants to give me. (healing, etc.). Once they get that discernment, their prayer is so much stronger and sure (faith).

A year before my husband died, the Lord made it clear to me that he would not be healed, but would rather gain many blessings as he neared death and would give many to the family. He also felt he needed to "put his house in order". And since there is "time to die" wherein many blessings could happen, so many people are missing that time because they are too busy "claiming healing".

God will answer if we but only listen.

C

coby

When triumph over sin doesn't occur
same idea
It can't be true that we died with Christ because we don't see it. We must come up with an explanation and a theology.

P

popeye

The op begins its doctrine with 2 dimensions.

1) a conspicuous absence of God's promises

2) a misunderstanding of Gods purpose,heart, and desire.

But beyond that,when a "anti faith" position is assumed,what do you have left?

Biblical mush?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Hey sparkman, you shouldn't allow your disdain for the cult that oppressed you to put a bias in you towards God's faithfulness to heal the sick and for Him to be faithful to His word. You shouldn't allow that cult to dictate and control your thought patterns now. It is rather unfortunate you went through that, but don't let their extremism defer you from what is clearly revealed in the word of God.

They were wrong to imply that those that remained in the natural unhealed were inferior spiritually. That isn't a good stance to take because it doesn't align with God's word. If Jesus healed all, are you telling me every single person Jesus healed was spiritually better off and deserving than the sick today? I would argue the sick today far more deserve healing, not based upon their own merit but because of what Jesus accomplished on their behalf at the cross. It is due, through Christ. Praise God.

So, you are making a study of why people don't get healed? I think I would rather redirect your energies to why did all get healed in the ministries of Jesus and the apostles? There are numerous verses that say this, that all were healed. How do we get the same results, if at all possible? In the study of why people don't get healed I hope it isn't to find excuses that satisfy a lack of healing that Christ purchased. I hope that it turns into a call to believe, as that is what it takes. Belief, faith, and expectation, these seem to be the mindsets necessary in experiencing healing. Good luck on your study.

A

Ariel82

I haven't read all the post but I thought the original post was very nicely written and thought provoking. Thank you for sharing. Nothing we do for God's glory is ever wasted.