When I died, I found the answer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 6, 2014
As I lay there, I realize I'm dead.

Could all of this just be in your head?
NO, I am filled with knowledge of the universe
Memories flash; everything begins to disperse.
Everything that’s EVER happened to you.
As I watch this play out, events happening on cue
I’m sad that I’m dead, but suddenly I REALIZE
it’s my FAMILY I feel bad for, tears roll from my lifeless body's eyes.
I'm not sad because I'm dead,
I'm sad because of my families DREAD, them knowing I'm dead.
I want to say sorry, they will be so upset
But it’s too late, no need to fret
Life after death, still a never-ending love
you become enlightened with this from up above.
With a greater understanding I plea for a second chance.
Granted, with this lifeless lesson I can now advance.
And I'm now thankful for life, yes life itself,
however I now no longer think of only MYSELF.
I love my family more than anything in the world,
I learned that night when my life unfurled.

Thank you for reading, this is a very personal poem and I have never shown anyone not even my family but now I feel like sharing my experience. When I was a teenager I was very dumb and made many wrong choices, one of those led me to my death temporarily and it was during that time I had a spiritual awakening. Before this happened I wasn't religious at all, I thought nothing and went through life without really thinking the possibility of a higher power. I don't want to go into detail as it would take me all night to type out what exactly happened that night but it was truly an awakening/epiphany. My life will forever be changed because of what happened on that beautiful night and I now know whats awaiting us on the other side. Life is full of choices, there are key moments throughout your life where god is communicating directly to you through another person, could be your mother/father/sister/best friend/ or anyone for that matter and its the choice you make at that key moment that determines your path good or bad. As I had those flashbacks it was so crazy to me that GOD was actually talking to me and trying to tell me something through other people and I didn't get the message, I felt so stupid that I didn't see and interpret the message. Anyways I know this all sounds insane its hard to explain as it was something beyond our comprehension but I'm thankful that it happened as I learned so much from it. I hope EVERYONE has one I just pray you don't have to die to finally see the truth and message that he is trying to deliver. God bless thank you everyone.

**soliciting edited**

Last edited by a moderator: