when i got saved... i felt something

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dae

the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me, was when i prayed to accept Jesus

i felt a slight feeling during the prayer, a feeling of my own judgement (or so i thought my own) that i was doing the right thing

not expecting much, i kept going, then i started to get nervous

i started to feel nervous, just a normal reaction if you ask me

anyways, when i said the final phrase, of something to do with accepting Jesus Christ as my savior

i felt a very strong wave of energy, like a welcoming loving feeling, entering my soul, it wasn't a slight feeling, this was a strong feeling

this was a high more clear and of more quality than I've ever felt (like alcohol and stuff, but those days are behind me, thanks to Jesus)

and it was so amazing... this feeling came in strong waves every day for 3 days, and it slowly let me down to reality

this euphoria wasn't only a feeling, it was energy, communication, information, love, peace, welcoming, protection, comfort

now i really wonder if i'll ever feel that way ever again, cause Lord knows I could use this love that i felt

does anyone have any other experiences like this? how common is it? and how possible is it that i might ever feel that way again? i really pray for it

it's got not as much to do with the euphoria and stimulating feeling, but more of the love and the fact that i was being loved by God for once in my life (that's just how it felt), cause all my life before i turned to Christ, i looked for God, everywhere except in the Bible and in Jesus, and it wasn't working

but during this time, I felt like I found what I was looking for, like I have been saved!

although i'm back to normal, and have been for a while, my joy never left me

happiness came and went, sadness comes and goes, but my joy is always there

anyways i pray that something like that continues to happen in my life

thanks, any insight will be greatly appreciated

take care

Z

zech

:D awesome! yes it never actually goes it there whenever you want it just turn the seat of your affection (that bit of your heart that wants things) and focus it on Jesus and you will feel it :)

time spent with Jesus is time well spent! and ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit :) duuuude its FUN to belong to Jesus!!!!

Jesus i love You
Father i love You
Precious Holy Spirit i love You!

peace
mark

P

prophecyman

the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me, was when i prayed to accept Jesus

i felt a slight feeling during the prayer, a feeling of my own judgement (or so i thought my own) that i was doing the right thing

not expecting much, i kept going, then i started to get nervous

i started to feel nervous, just a normal reaction if you ask me

anyways, when i said the final phrase, of something to do with accepting Jesus Christ as my savior

i felt a very strong wave of energy, like a welcoming loving feeling, entering my soul, it wasn't a slight feeling, this was a strong feeling

this was a high more clear and of more quality than I've ever felt (like alcohol and stuff, but those days are behind me, thanks to Jesus)

and it was so amazing... this feeling came in strong waves every day for 3 days, and it slowly let me down to reality

this euphoria wasn't only a feeling, it was energy, communication, information, love, peace, welcoming, protection, comfort

now i really wonder if i'll ever feel that way ever again, cause Lord knows I could use this love that i felt

does anyone have any other experiences like this? how common is it? and how possible is it that i might ever feel that way again? i really pray for it

it's got not as much to do with the euphoria and stimulating feeling, but more of the love and the fact that i was being loved by God for once in my life (that's just how it felt), cause all my life before i turned to Christ, i looked for God, everywhere except in the Bible and in Jesus, and it wasn't working

but during this time, I felt like I found what I was looking for, like I have been saved!

although i'm back to normal, and have been for a while, my joy never left me

happiness came and went, sadness comes and goes, but my joy is always there

anyways i pray that something like that continues to happen in my life

thanks, any insight will be greatly appreciated

take care
Yes! I know exactly what your describing... The Presence of the Holy Spirit of God, ask God to directly cause you to enter in his presence, the baptism of the Spirit is wonderful!!!

D

dae

is that what that was? the feeling? baptism by the Holy Spirit?

Z

zech

did you feel alive? thats what it felt like for me! i felt alive :)

U

Ugly

This is common among the newly saved. But remember we walk in 'faith', meaning we believe without seeing. So don't get distracted by chasing after this 'feeling', as good as it may be. God's will for you is not to become self absorbed in trying to find this emotional high, but to trust in Him, follow Him and be faithful to Him, regardless of what emotional state you're in. God does not draw us to Him to pamper us, but to be brothers, servants, and disciples.

E

enochson

You mean like you leaped in your mother's womb or something? Oh wait you have no memory of that do you?

Z

zech

This is common among the newly saved. But remember we walk in 'faith', meaning we believe without seeing. So don't get distracted by chasing after this 'feeling', as good as it may be. God's will for you is not to become self absorbed in trying to find this emotional high, but to trust in Him, follow Him and be faithful to Him, regardless of what emotional state you're in. God does not draw us to Him to pamper us, but to be brothers, servants, and disciples.

you got a point but id like to add "unseen", is not the same as "without seeing" ;) remember atoms are unseen but they pretty effective! lol. [Hebrews]

dae God meets us individually, where we are, with what we need :) rejoice in what you experienced and desire more! :D cos God is extremely awesome! im still hanging on like a streamer! deep calls unto deep!

the way i was taught it is "there are pastors called for deep there are pastors called for deeper and there are pastors called for deepest!" one is not fancier or more anointed then the other its just a: keep/stay where you called don't mock another dudes revelation of Jesus just praise God for the grace Hes given you :D

wow i praise God for your life! what a blessing! "taste and see that the Lord is good!" "my heart and my flesh cry out for the Living God!" David wanted to experience God in his physical body and God did! hehehehe this God we serve is amazing!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit :) duuuude its FUN to belong to Jesus!!!!
the baptism of the Spirit is wonderful!!!
I agree with you both :)
is that what that was? the feeling? baptism by the Holy Spirit?
Dae, the baptism of the Holy Spirit is what happened to the apostles in the book of Acts. You can have it too, it says in Luke 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

If you'd like to, you can ask God to baptize you in the Holy Spirit. I highly recommend it. :)