When solving a argument, why is it that guys have all the answers and girls have.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

...all the questions . :)

Sounds diametrically opposed thinking doesn't it?

Why do we work toward solutions these TWO ways ?

I think I can tell you why, its because girls want things to stay fitfully broke while guys just want to get last the ugly little disagreement.

Was that a good ANSWER :D. (I know, I know, guys everywhere high-fiving me :) and girls saying something completely opposite :( )

Guys want to fix things, nip the problem/argument, or, even what is just suppose to be a discussion, in the bud.

Why do we do it, argue the way we do, sexes?

Does this 'arguing' problems style, you think, stretch into just our ways of communicating everyday (non-argument) things with each other ?

Thoughts?

Do you agree?

Why would God wire us this 'opposite' way ?

Are there positives meted out of our TWO opposing styles of communication ?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GreenNnice

...all the questions . :)

Sounds diametrically opposed thinking doesn't it?

Why do we work toward solutions these TWO ways ?

I think I can tell you why, its because girls want things to stay fitfully broke while guys just want to get past the ugly little disagreement.

Was that a good ANSWER :D. (I know, I know, guys everywhere high-fiving me :) and girls saying something completely opposite :( )

Guys want to fix things, nip the problem/argument, or, even what is just suppose to be a discussion, in the bud.

Why do we do it, argue the way we do, sexes?

Does this 'arguing' problems style, you think, stretch into just our ways of communicating everyday (non-argument) things with each other ?

Thoughts?

Do you agree?

Why would God wire us this 'opposite' way ?

Are there positives meted out of our TWO opposing styles of communication ?
----+
Ok, now, if you are like most people and very confused by what I say sometimes , especially Nods (sorry, milady, you know I luvs ya :) ), then the underlined word and the boldface word need further understanding by ya all.

So, here goes.....and, before I go much further, be aware, be careful, be wary, be with warning, *ALERT*, green brains about to extrapolate :D

Ok, green, so WHAT did you mean, telling me , a girl, all I want to do is ask questions when in an argument with a bf , or, maybe, even just a guy friend I'm not serious with, just friendship. And, before I go much further miladies, can you PLEASE let God give you the let-go before getting serious with a guy :)

So, where was I, ah, yes, 'fitfully broke.'

How many think they know what I'm talking about here ?

Ok, besides Nods, who else knows :D , there MUST be some out there that understand what my green brains means by this. And, remember, miladies, I ONLY want to help you glorify God more, because the more you know, the more you do from what you know, the more you will get as your reward in Heaven :)

'Fitfully broke,' any guesses to its meaning, miladies, or, QUESTIONS ( being tongue-in cheek a little now :p) .
And, of course, guys , you can ANSWER :D too

R

Relena7

How can we have the right answers when we aren't asking the right questions? :)

Men and women both add important pieces to problem solving. We aren't supposed to fight. Ideally, we're supposed to work in unison and be two awesome halves of a single genius head...er something like that.

I'll admit I do get frustrated when my brother hurries me to fix a problem before he even knows all of what I am talking about. I want to say to him, you can't rush brilliance. I only want the most perfect solution rather than interfering too early in the thought process and stopping us from finding the root of the problem.

R

Relena7

Booo short editing time.

As I was trying to add, I can't speak for all women, but I don't like quick fixes in fights. I like real fixes, and catching the pattern so the same old pattern doesn't grab me again and again.

It just boils down to we have different thinking styles with approaching the same goal, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as each side respects what the other person adds.

G

GreenNnice

How can we have the right answers when we aren't asking the right questions? :)

Men and women both add important pieces to problem solving. We aren't supposed to fight. Ideally, we're supposed to work in unison and be two awesome halves of a single genius head...er something like that.

I'll admit I do get frustrated when my brother hurries me to fix a problem before he even knows all of what I am talking about. I want to say to him, you can't rush brilliance. I only want the most perfect solution rather than interfering too early in the thought process and stopping us from finding the root of the problem.
Booo short editing time.

As I was trying to add, I can't speak for all women, but I don't like quick fixes in fights. I like real fixes, and catching the pattern so the same old pattern doesn't grab me again and again.

It just boils down to we have different thinking styles with approaching the same goal, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as each side respects what the other person adds.
------+------
LOL, rel, 'you can't rush brilliance.' See there though milady, therein lies the 'fitfully broke' way of doing things with your brother. He, the guy, wants to FIX what is broke , that is, what's got you broke up inside, or, broke up over, or , just you who just broke up with a bf . See how 'broke' you are :D nah, just kidding ya, and, yeah, brothers will qualify too who WILL want to quick-fix what's fitfully broke in their sister's life. I know, I got a 2 year younger sister and she can talk forever about MANY solutiions and I just want to apply one solution (usually mine :D ) and voila, problem SOLVED :)

Good example, rel, and, good wisdom for guys everywhere in your 2nd post about 'real fixes' as opposed to 'quick fixes' . But, REL, you guys (gals) real fixes put we guys in a fitful rages :D

Problem is, sigh, that we guys definitely be better off listening to your many solutions instead of BREAKING off the communication with a simple solution that IS anything but simple.

And, I am NOT saying all guys are not good at answering the girls questions and concerns in the argument, I'd be able quite confidently to name a handful of guys on c.c. that don't fit fully my 'answers' typed guy, like liamsON, nicestguy, Ug, and, lightnin', although he is a good arguer and debater (mostly with me,LOL) too, but he, from what I see, listens well to girls with their 'question' way of arguing/discussing something, and, zere (zeroturbulence), too, and SeekingHisTruth, these are a few guys on c.c. that exude politeness to the ladies on c.c. , there are more , sorry IF I missed ya, Christ bros.

Moral of story , ladies: find your guy on c.c. :D

God bless you, Christ sis :)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Relena7

------+------
LOL, rel, 'you can't rush brilliance.' See there though milady, therein lies the 'fitfully broke' way of doing things with your brother. He, the guy, wants to FIX what is broke , that is, what's got you broke up inside, or, broke up over, or , just you who just broke up with a bf . See how 'broke' you are :D nah, just kidding ya, and, yeah, brothers will qualify too who WILL want to quick-fix what's fitfully broke in their sister's life. I know, I got a 2 year younger sister and she can talk forever about MANY solutiions and I just want to apply one solution (usually mine :D ) and voila, problem SOLVED :)
What do you mean by fitfully broke? If by that you mean I want things to stay broken, you are misunderstood.

I don't quite understand what your point is really, but I can't help but feel insulted.

M

ManAfterGodsOwnHeart

I personally think that it has anything to do with our gender... I think its more like all of us always want to be right.. I would say the only solution is to be humble, we need to learn to be wrong... Then we can learn to live right together.

G

GreenNnice

What do you mean by fitfully broke? If by that you mean I want things to stay broken, you are misunderstood.

I don't quite understand what your point is really, but I can't help but feel insulted.
----
Rel, fitfully broke equals... a girl want to keep the line of commmunication open and open and open with their questions and statements that have MUCH life for solving the argument between the guy and she while the guy just wants to say a quick statement (usually in 'answer' form', not 'question'), one thought, or, two, with 'problem-solved' going on his mind, for getting the argument done with and over.

And, rel, I pray the lord leads what I say, whatever it is, in this paricular thread, I wanted to bring to light what most already know, and, you said it in your earlier post: guys and gals have 'differing thinking styles' for wanting to do the same thing--get to a 'main goal' (solution).

God bless you, milady, for your well-said enlightenment for others to read and, hopefully, Dear Lord,...Amen will help a boy and girl in relationship having difficulty because of a constantly, seemingly always BROKE line of communication because one is trying to solve it one way and the other, another way. :)

J

Jullianna

Surely we all have questions and I can't imagine any of us having all of the answers. :)

Why can't there be discussions rather than arguments? Arguments tend to make things worse, don't they?

R

Relena7

Thanks for clearing that up Greeny. That was kind of haunting me all day, lol. :eek:

Surely we all have questions and I can't imagine any of us having all of the answers. :)

Why can't there be discussions rather than arguments? Arguments tend to make things worse, don't they?
Good point! :p

G

GreenNnice

Nooo , julieannie, neither of us have all the answers. Guys THINK they have all the answers and search for a 'quick fix,' as rel aptly put it, while girls want to EXPLORE a million-zilion options (oh, ok, miladies, just kidding you, it's only about '100' :D ) before FINALLY (right b4 hell freezes over, guy is thinking :D) willing to agree that the argument or problem or issue, or, yes, even a discussion, is solved .

Again, I am just bring these differing styles to mind, NOT bashing miladies one bit nor cutting down behavior of guy dudes, like, ahem, myself . :)

Amen, julieannie, can't we all just get along :D

The good news, despite our differences, putting God first in the discussion, both sides SELFLESS, then that will be huge for the differing brains to come together to one agreeable solution :)

Thanks for clearing that up Greeny. That was kind of haunting me all day, lol. :eek:

-----
No problema, milady, I am glad you understood my quick (fix) answer. ;)