When The Holy Spirit Gives Understanding of the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

foundling

Whenever I read the Bible I pray for the Holy Spirit to help me understand what I'm reading. Then, the Bible seems like it comes to life and its so hard to put in words what that is like. It's like trying to explain to someone what water tastes like. I can explain how it feels, but I would try to encourage someone to try it. Not everyone would be willing to even try it, so then I would pray for them, for I don't believe that forcing them is right either. Well when the Holy Spirit gives me understanding then I need to keep praying because some parts of the Bible is so overwhelming to accept because they may be scary or hard. But I pray about that too, and He then brings me peace and then I can accept even the hard parts of the Bible. This increases my faith, hope and trust in The Lord. It also increases my communion with Him which He loves to have. I have also accepted that I am absolutely nothing without Jesus. My pride used to have a hard time accepting that, and still arises from time to time. But as I grow in understanding and faith, I grow in obedience and hopefully in love.

Oct 6, 2012
Everything you have said is perfectly true. It opens up the bible so much more to a person.

B

bleekerT

MOSES: Surely I have taught you statutes (Acts 2:1/1Cor. 5:7-8) and judgments, just as the Lord my God commanded me, - Deut. 4:5, NKJV

Be careful to keep them. That will show the nations how wise and understanding you are. They will hear about all of those rules. They’ll say, “That great nation certainly has wise and understanding people.” - Deut. 4:6, NIRV

PAUL: So be very careful how you live. Do not live like people who aren’t wise. Live like people who are wise. - Eph. 5:15, NIRV

Last edited:
May 15, 2013
Whenever I read the Bible I pray for the Holy Spirit to help me understand what I'm reading. Then, the Bible seems like it comes to life and its so hard to put in words what that is like. It's like trying to explain to someone what water tastes like. I can explain how it feels, but I would try to encourage someone to try it. Not everyone would be willing to even try it, so then I would pray for them, for I don't believe that forcing them is right either. Well when the Holy Spirit gives me understanding then I need to keep praying because some parts of the Bible is so overwhelming to accept because they may be scary or hard. But I pray about that too, and He then brings me peace and then I can accept even the hard parts of the Bible. This increases my faith, hope and trust in The Lord. It also increases my communion with Him which He loves to have. I have also accepted that I am absolutely nothing without Jesus. My pride used to have a hard time accepting that, and still arises from time to time. But as I grow in understanding and faith, I grow in obedience and hopefully in love.
The Holy Spirit has been there witnessing every word that came from the mouth of God and he also has witness everything that went on in the history of this world. So the Holy Spirit is the best source to receive information from.

John 14:26

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.