When the word of the Lord comes

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Runningman

Banned
Mar 4, 2020
8,614
3,695
113
In my experience we are often seeking for God to say something or do something, but effectually we are testing God.

Testing God is trying to get Him to perform for you. This is a thinly-veiled attempt to make God prove Himself and it demonstrates a lack of faith.

I want to point out hat repeatedly, the prophets waited for the word of the Lord to come; they weren't poking and prodding at Him trying to rush things. They simply waited with their eyes and ears open all the time, keeping their spirit close to God. Just sitting in His presence is enough. When He's ready He'll tell you what to do.

A few examples of prophets waiting for the word of the Lord will be shared below:

Genesis 15:1
After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 Sam. 7:4
And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying,

1 Kings 16:1
Then the word of the LORD came to Jehu the son of Hanani against Baasha, saying,

So what is the encouragement here? Wait on the Lord!
 
Great post.

I relate to what you've written, as prior to the time when I actually felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God, I used to pray for all kinds of things; some were silly, and some were incredibly serious. And yes, I used to test God by actually doing something. "God . . . if you are really real, please do . . ." - Fill in the blank.

But after my Spiritual Experience, I rarely ever pray that He would do much of anything for me. Sure, I sometimes pray that He would lift the horrific Tinnitus in my ears, but even then, I know that even though this "messenger of Satan" doesn't mean anything in terms of my Salvation. Thus, the Lord's Grace is sufficient for me. I believe that the Lord is in full control over all things, and so if this is True, then calling upon Him to act seems almost silly at times. And yes, the Bible is filled with people praying that God would act, and so there are times that I do, but more than anything, I am simply thankful that He has Graced my life with His Almighty Presence.

So, regardless of what happens to me, and in light of my experience with Him, I simply wait for Him to fulfill His Will in all things.

Submit.

Job 22:21 NLT - "Submit to God, and you will have peace; then things will go well for you."
 
  • Like
Reactions: Runningman
In my experience we are often seeking for God to say something or do something, but effectually we are testing God.

Testing God is trying to get Him to perform for you. This is a thinly-veiled attempt to make God prove Himself and it demonstrates a lack of faith.

I want to point out hat repeatedly, the prophets waited for the word of the Lord to come; they weren't poking and prodding at Him trying to rush things. They simply waited with their eyes and ears open all the time, keeping their spirit close to God. Just sitting in His presence is enough. When He's ready He'll tell you what to do.

A few examples of prophets waiting for the word of the Lord will be shared below:

Genesis 15:1
After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 Sam. 7:4
And it came to pass that night, that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan, saying,

1 Kings 16:1
Then the word of the LORD came to Jehu the son of Hanani against Baasha, saying,

So what is the encouragement here? Wait on the Lord!

amen , while hearing his word of course

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we wait for him in faith like the prophets we’re hearing his word and waiting upon those promises to come to pass

good post thanks for sharing
 
  • Like
Reactions: Runningman