When was the first time you remember CRYING? as a child?? as an adult???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

I read Nods 'girly' question in 'when ok for man to cry?' thread... so I answered it there and forgive me for making some therefore read the same post twice but here is that answer from me in its entirety. :)

------&-------
So does that mean men should cry in the middle of girly movies?
----

YES, I don't call it a 'girly' movie, but E.T. came to theatres when I was 12 years old and I cried when the flower wilted, signaling E.T died. That was my first crying experience as a kid . As an adult, I can't remember the first time I cried, but I am sure I cried in college a few times, like my freshman year, when a girl I liked went n to the homecoming dance with my roommate :( I've cried tears in movies and over my sister's decisions in life one time that would have (potentially) changed her life dramatically.

Not just Jesus wept, but many in bible cried , like David who tore his clothes in 'sackcloth and ashes,' with sins of Bathsheba and the consequences of that sin, which was David's child (of Bathsheba roof sex incident in II Kings) dying right after being born .

So, crying can be good , a lot of times because God hears us (and answers us , in His timing) when we CRY out to Him. :)

L

Liz01

The first time i remember i cried was in a movie too, i dont remember the name of the movie i only remember that main character (an animated animal) died, maybe it was Bambi lol, i dont remember much about the movie......

I think that for all humans is healthy to cry and to express all our feelings bc i think God gave us to enjoy more the life

K

kayem77

Hmmmm, the first memory i have of me crying is, I believe, my first day of kindergarten. I was holding onto my dad's leg and wouldn't let go, I threw a big tantrum and refused to enter the classroom . I can't remember how they convinced me... but if that wasn't my first cry, that was my first big tantrum. I'm glad I grew up, now I just do that on special occasions :)

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

The first time i remember truly crying i was 10 or so and i saw a dog die. The first time i remember crying as an adult, this guy who i was totally in love with dumped me for another girl, i found out when i came into church and they were all over each other.

J

Jullianna

The first time I really remember crying I was 6 years old, living overseas, and the Red Cross called and told my family that my grandmother had died.

A lot of things have caused me to cry as an adult: abused children; children who died needlessly or were killed; while holding parents who'd just lost a child in some violent manner; the loss of loved ones; being hurt by people I've loved/trusted; in moments of motherly love as I watch my son become an amazing person; and pretty much anytime I earnestly pray/worship.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Wow, Green, you get a million "good future husband points" for starting this thread! Do you realize that you just started a conversation by admitting multiple times in which you started crying? Women love that!
The first time I can recall crying (my memories aren't always in chronological order :)) was when my mom had taken me to a pool that we frequented. I think I was about two, perhaps three years old, and there had been a girl who was older than I who would play with me when I went there (from memory she was 12 or so, but probably that's just because I was so little at the time; everyone seems older when you're a tot :)) Anyway, she wasn't there, and after my mom talked to another lady at the pool, she told me that my friend wouldn't be coming back at all. I immediately started bawling. I wonder how she's doing now...
I don't remember the first time crying after I turned 18, but I'm sure it was over something that I just needed to de-stress from; a lot of girls do that. It's my body's way of emoting, and sometimes I've cried while happy, though not the "crying tears of joy" type; kinda hard to explain...I agree with Jullianna, though I'd like to add tears from crying over someone needing to get saved, adults who were being abused or anyone improperly ignored (especially "special" people) or someone rising above horrible circumstances to do what's right.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
MY first memory of my crying was when I was 3. My momma made me wear a yellow sundress and I didn't want to. I pitched a fit.

G

GreenNnice

Awwww thats cute. :D

This thread is so sad. :(
-----:'-------
Sniff, sniff.
One of my favorite shows is 'Cold Case,' and, it is not uncommon to see my eyes having watered up after one of it's best episodes, like this one today of a single mom with two kids, having lost her home after husband (cancer) died . She's living on the street, a 5-year-old and 9-year old in tow. She is homeless and has a car and nowhere to park it, until nice guy comes along and tells her of a park he knows that she can park her car.
Well, story goes along happy as this guy, who lives in park too, gives her a 'hope ticket' which is really a lottery ticket.

Homeless lady: oh, Thank you, if I win I will give you 50% of the winnings.

So, she tries best to help her kids, she works a job, too, but anyway, one day, at night, one of her kids tells her,: 'I wish you had died instead of dad' one night in park. Daughter (oldest child) runs off and so her mom chases after her, finds her. It's her daughter's birthday this day so mom goes off to buy a birthday cake...

How she get cake, you ask? She's homeless, green.

Yes, she is homeless but she has that lottery ticket, right? Well, she goes to store and finds
out she wins, and, so, she excitedly goes to park to guy who gave her this 'hope ticket,' as this guy called the ticket .
Man earlier in show told lady of his wife and kid leaving him and how he wanted to buy his kid a bat. 'Course, this was 20 years later and his son in a picture he keeps is no longer 9 but 29...

Anyway, the lady gives the guy his winnings ax he talks of what he will do with his half of the

MILLION dollars...

She puts two 5's and two ones and a 50-cent piece in his hand.

He, a scizophrenic, we now all learn, won't accept the $12.50 as he HOPED for a million and THAT amount of deliriously in his head and so...he goes beserk and kills her :(

So sad.

Aug 2, 2009
I think I saw that episode, Ed. I remember the homeless lady living in her car in a park and her kids. Yea that show always made me cry too. Have you seen the new show "Unforgettable" starrring the same woman from Cold Case? It just started last week and its really good. I cried in it too. We're just a bunch of big crybabies, Ed!! :)

J

Jullianna

MY first memory of my crying was when I was 3. My momma made me wear a yellow sundress and I didn't want to. I pitched a fit.
My mom set my hair on rollers the old fashioned way when I was in 7th grade...on picture day...and I looked like a poodle. I cried all day. :) She never did that again.

J

Jullianna

This picture made me cry this morning.....his name is Brandon. He lost his daddy in Afghanistan.

Attachments

K

kayem77

-----:'-------
Sniff, sniff.
One of my favorite shows is 'Cold Case,' and, it is not uncommon to see my eyes having watered up after one of it's best episodes, like this one today of a single mom with two kids, having lost her home after husband (cancer) died . She's living on the street, a 5-year-old and 9-year old in tow. She is homeless and has a car and nowhere to park it, until nice guy comes along and tells her of a park he knows that she can park her car.
Well, story goes along happy as this guy, who lives in park too, gives her a 'hope ticket' which is really a lottery ticket.

Homeless lady: oh, Thank you, if I win I will give you 50% of the winnings.

So, she tries best to help her kids, she works a job, too, but anyway, one day, at night, one of her kids tells her,: 'I wish you had died instead of dad' one night in park. Daughter (oldest child) runs off and so her mom chases after her, finds her. It's her daughter's birthday this day so mom goes off to buy a birthday cake...

How she get cake, you ask? She's homeless, green.

Yes, she is homeless but she has that lottery ticket, right? Well, she goes to store and finds
out she wins, and, so, she excitedly goes to park to guy who gave her this 'hope ticket,' as this guy called the ticket .
Man earlier in show told lady of his wife and kid leaving him and how he wanted to buy his kid a bat. 'Course, this was 20 years later and his son in a picture he keeps is no longer 9 but 29...

Anyway, the lady gives the guy his winnings ax he talks of what he will do with his half of the

MILLION dollars...

She puts two 5's and two ones and a 50-cent piece in his hand.

He, a scizophrenic, we now all learn, won't accept the $12.50 as he HOPED for a million and THAT amount of deliriously in his head and so...he goes beserk and kills her :(

So sad.

I LOVE Cold Case. I cried with some episodes. I haven't seen that one but Im sure I'd have cried too haha.
I cried rivers with one episode set in the 60 or 70's...when racism was a strong issue. A little white girl befriended her new neighbor, a black little girl the same age as her. The new family was not very welcomed in that white neighborhood, so they received thousands of threats and derrogative remarks everyday. The little girls, being just kids, weren't aware of these differences everyone talked about. They were best friends until one day the parents of the white girl forbade her to see her friend again.
Anyways, after some days, they agreed to meet again secretly at night in the woods because they missed each other.
The white girl's neighbor and friend of the family discovered their plan and decided to show up that night. To make it short, he got angry when the white girl refused to leave with him so he tried to kill the black girl with a gun, but he shot the white girl by mistake when she tried to escape with her friend in the woods. He escaped and left the girl there and never told anyone what happened, the girl was believed to be lost until they found out that she was alive but had lost her memory( she was shot in her head, didn't even remember her original name). It was a very sad and touching episode. :(

G

GreenNnice

I LOVE Cold Case. I cried with some episodes. I haven't seen that one but Im sure I'd have cried too haha.
I cried rivers with one episode set in the 60 or 70's...when racism was a strong issue. A little white girl befriended her new neighbor, a black little girl the same age as her. The new family was not very welcomed in that white neighborhood, so they received thousands of threats and derrogative remarks everyday. The little girls, being just kids, weren't aware of these differences everyone talked about. They were best friends until one day the parents of the white girl forbade her to see her friend again.
Anyways, after some days, they agreed to meet again secretly at night in the woods because they missed each other.
The white girl's neighbor and friend of the family discovered their plan and decided to show up that night. To make it short, he got angry when the white girl refused to leave with him so he tried to kill the black girl with a gun, but he shot the white girl by mistake when she tried to escape with her friend in the woods. He escaped and left the girl there and never told anyone what happened, the girl was believed to be lost until they found out that she was alive but had lost her memory( she was shot in her head, didn't even remember her original name). It was a very sad and touching episode. :(
----
Yes, indeed, kayM, I remember that episode , t'was sad indeed. Racism, like church factions, like even, GASP! leadership , going all the way back to Saul becoming king when Israelites insisted upon having a king is all man's doing . And, women's , lol. Man did it, and , woman , and together there we have from racism, church denomination factions, and, leadership... undoing :(

-----()------
Yes, I have seen so many touching Cold Case episodes, they make me cheer, deduce, and, cry, a nice gamut of emotions to expend whever I can daytime , the Lord leads, but I plan to use those tv messages from my favorite shows in some way in my life, telling others of God . Well told story there, those two little girls were so innocent and cute and best friends (I still have a friend I met when I was 5 and he, 6, and, now he's married with wife and two teenage boys.). And, the way that story turned out was sad indeed but, at least her friend , many years later , learned the truth :)
-----%------
Zere, oh yeah, great show I just love Nat King Cole singing and acting on tv ....

Unforgettable :D-----seriously, zere, I only seen the previews, I don't get feelings for that show, but, who knows, might, and your reco makes me think i better give itca try. :)
On that note... I did not watch Cold Case until it was off prime time, so I'm an innocent watcher of a lot of episodes, except now seen most of them from watching a lot last 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GreenNnice

My mom set my hair on rollers the old fashioned way when I was in 7th grade...on picture day...and I looked like a poodle. I cried all day. :) She never did that again.
---
Julieannie, I would have stepped right up to you and started singing a song of sunshine to take your gray skies away....

When the DAY is gray and lonely, I just lift up my chin and grin and sa-a-a-y, the

sun'll come out TOMORROW, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow with God there'll be sun . YEAH, the sun'll come out TOMORROW, take away those coBwebs and that sorrow, oh-oh-yeah-YEAH! Tomorrow, tomorrow, God with you tomorrow, and, remember He is with you always, including this veRY D-A-A-A-A-A-A-Y :)

Last edited by a moderator: