When you feel like giving up.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SearchingforSerenity
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SearchingforSerenity

Guest
Can anyone share stories of times they have felt like giving up. Yet they prayed and persisted with their faith.. all to come through it in the end positively.

Please share examples of your lives or others who have shown strong faith in situations that seemed doomed or seemed in an endless state of failure. But in the end faith prevailed.
 
Sometimes a person can try to live a godly life, but find failure and frustration because he is trying in the flesh. It can be helpful to consider how one can reduce selfishness (the flesh) so that it has less influence and reduces the struggle.

2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
 
Can anyone share stories of times they have felt like giving up. Yet they prayed and persisted with their faith.. all to come through it in the end positively.

Please share examples of your lives or others who have shown strong faith in situations that seemed doomed or seemed in an endless state of failure. But in the end faith prevailed.
In 2012, I ended up in the Hospital with Foreigners Gang Green. A urinary tract infection

Which when my bladder would not empty completely, and my bladder kept over 10 ounces of pea in it, for a period of time too long. this Gang Green set in me, and I was in Emergency.

Who would not feel like giving up? The Doctors saved me. God through them. Gang Green was set in, and God saved me. Did I feel like giving up? Yes, Thank God I knew and know not to depend on any feelings. I saw to stand in Faith to God the Faith God gave me. Am I special, since God saved me? Nope not at all ever. I stand, stood in trust whether I lived or died, mattered not
Romans 14 That entire chapter is so much deeper than just being a food chapter as religions states is only that, is so much deeper, Food was used as the way to see truth over error, that was happening then and Paul wrote of it to us all.

According to the Doctors, I died 7 times on the operating table. I got amputated inside and outside, Gang Green was to far gone and so I got amputated. I was not to live, they cut off my penis and parts of my intestines, too far gone with Gang Green and a Doctor, Jeremy Meyers, had to hear from God what to do to get me to pea without using a bag to pea in for the rest of my earth life, however long I lived forward. Which I was not expected to live past a year. It now has been 14 years

I stand in belief, to God, not self or anyone else Phil 3 saw seeing to let go of law(s) to keep me right. Seeing no way can "I" be perfect not even with God's help. I simply need God to lead not me, or anyone else either. The same as Jesus did during his earth walk in flesh first for us all to see, believe and be new in the same love and mercy to all too. yes even those that hate, I used to before coming to believe God loves us all as in 1 John 2:1-27
thank you for asking. I see Col 1:21-23 seeing verse 23 to stand even in any adversities. It is not about one anyone who has sinned again. It is about God's love for us all, given us all by Son's willingness to go to death in everyone else's deserved place
 
We don't know why somethings happen and must default to God's finitude. Children with cancer etc.