When you pray, let youself be brought around by Jesus Christ instead of trying to “rape” Him. (27/11)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
When you pray, let youself be brought around by Jesus Christ instead of trying to “rape” Him.

• “Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” (Romans 8.26).

I had a hard time accepting this verse. We have a penchant for our desires and we refuse to retreat from everything that can cut these desires out. So, as regards our prayer, our goal is to win Jesus over so that He gives us what is necessary to conquer them.

However, as Isaiah said:

• “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways My ways, says Jehovah. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55.8,9).

We go over only in the aspect that is favorable to us. We come up with ideas that sort out only part of our problems. Most of the times we don’t manage to see the fallout from our plan. However much we plan out, the side effects of the happenings can surpass our mental capacity.

We can’t overlook our limitations. The things certainly will fail and we don’t have the right to repine with Jesus.

So, accept the direction of the Holy Spirit in your prayers and you will see that the rejoinder was much better than what you had planned on.

Have a iridescent day in Christ Jesus without that the will of Jesus slips your mind when you are to pray.

May 17, 2020
We have already been given everything in Him to take care of every aspect of life. All we really need to do is believe the Word,and walk it out. You're either walking by what your natural senses are telling you,or you're walking by His Word,and those two are at enmity with one another. Praying in tongues is absolutely crucial to seeing things come to pass,and come to light in this life

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'm sorry, SOJ, but your first comment makes no sense to me. :unsure: