Whens the last time you felt horrible about something you did?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Whens the last time you felt horrible about something you did?

I let my emotions get the best of me recently and said some things to someone online that I now regret. I thought this person was being very rude and I went off on them. I realize now that he was just trying to be informative. I do feel like a big jerk. I sort of apologized by telling him I have anger issues.

So when was the last time you said or did something you regretted?

L

lightbliss

Yesterday.

The day before (Wednesday), my mom made a negative comment towards me (projecting her "mistakes" on me as though they pertained to my life; they don't) and that ruined my whole day. I was highly irritable and I wasn't taking it from anyone (I wasn't being disrespectful just very agitated). I thought of some less than savory things and I feel slightly bad because now I understand that my mom was just concerned for me.

P

Psalm2713

every time I do something that I recognise to be wrong...... Like I had judged this little girl at youth... she had said that she has become nice, polite and Adorable. and she has really improved from how she was at the beginning... but i judged her for saying she was adorable
could be right but sure it isn't my place ...plus her English is not very good ..so she might have meant it different from how it came out ... T-T

R

Reikon

Arguing with my mother today because I've been feeling fustrated about something else that went wrong.

A

AnandaHya

5 minutes ago when i yelled at my kids to go back to bed and take their nap. have to learn another way to get them to listen and pray God gives me more patience to speak kindly and gently yet firmly with them.

eugenius

Jul 17, 2009
Would you like the answer in minutes or seconds?

J

jimmydiggs

Interesting question really. I've often wondered why the things I feel horrible about are trivial, but those that I don't feel horrible about I should.

For example, several months ago I wasn't paying attention while driving to class at a Junior College that is about 30 minutes from where I live. As I was driving through town I wasn't paying attention and ran a red-light. Luckily no one was going through from the perpendicular lane.

I felt so terrible about it though. I even looked back to see if anyone could have gotten my liscense plate number. I fretted over it for a couple days.

Then I wondered. Why feel so bad about something so trivial? I don't feel bad when I sin. There are other examples I could use. Why feel so bad about a red light, and not any range of sins? (although I suppose the red-light in itself was sin as per romans 13)

grace

Sep 8, 2006
Each time I *lost it* with my kiddos. :(

I don't want to be the sort of mom that *yells* or has to get upset to get them to behave.

May 4, 2011
Awhile time ago... and after that nothing I did quite seemed to top it.

N

NMsmile

I feel horrible about actions and decisions I've made in the past. I know I am forgiven but I remember them so that hopefully, I won't repeat them!

A

Aqua_Girl09

5 minutes ago when i yelled at my kids to go back to bed and take their nap. have to learn another way to get them to listen and pray God gives me more patience to speak kindly and gently yet firmly with them.

i'm an after school teacher/ summer camp counselor so i've been working with kids of all ages for the past 2 years and i think as well as anyone else who had kids that its ok to loose it sometimes and yell. >_<

the trick to getting kids to listen is giving them clear consequences. my dad would always sit us down and talk to us before we got spanked so that we clearly understood why we were in trouble and what we did wrong. and if we acted up then he would give us something on top of that spanking like staying in our room or something.

since i'm not allowed to spank my own kids (cause i only work with them) i use things like they don't get to play with these toys or when we go outside they're going to have to have a long talk with my about their behavior instead of playing. stuff like that.

(hope that helps in some way)

Gc_2011

May 12, 2011
When I always push away the one thing I need right now and I donot mean Jesus. I almost push away a friend that I have been helping recently. I knew what I was doing was wrong but I almost fell into a bad hole. I love her and it seems like she loves me.