Where Can I Find the Mission Statement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LaurieB

Mar 12, 2018
I need to know whether this is a Bible believing (evangelical) group , a cahtolic group or a progressive or liberal christian group.
I cant post until I know what is acceptable and what is not and I cannot find any statement of faith on this site. Thanks.

U

Ugly

No clue why you posted this in the Arab section.
To my knowledge there is no official mission statement. I know the site owner/admins view is Catholic is not Christian. Neither would Mormon/JW.
I believe all are believers in the Trinity.

The site owner, overall, doesn't give a lot of personal stances, but rather let's people (within reason) post their views. It's a pretty varied group of posters with a varying assortment of beliefs (all claiming to be biblical). It IS an international site, so it's to be expected.

Seems to me if you have to go through so much to be willing to post that's already a bad sign for you. So much drama already over something so simple. Generally people just post when they join.
Since no one knows what you believe no one can predict how well you will be received. But rest assured no matter what you post Someone will disagree.

LaurieB

Mar 12, 2018
Thanks for replying.

I think you misunderstood me totally. I did not see "Arab" and it would not matter to me. I was on a site whree if you said you were a Catholic, you were bumped out/off and gone. I am glad that all types of beliefs are allowed. there is no drama in asking this question at all. I have had enough bad experiences with a certain subset/group to last me a lifetime.

Catholics are Christians and many sites have a mission statement that sets out rules for posting and the belief of the community. In as much as this site says Chrsitian, it would be important to know if, for example they hold an evangelical view.

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Catholics are NOT Christians. There is NOTHING Christian at all about catholicism... They do and believe, things that Christians do NOT do and believe...

LaurieB

Mar 12, 2018
Well, that is an old tale, but the Catholic Church was the first church ... of Christ and gave us our Bible. Protestants (named so for protest-ants) disagreed and broke off with the Church. Their right of course. They are now split into many disagreeing denominations. Again, up to them.
I would never say that anyone who believes in jesus Christ is not a Christian, but you can do that if you wish. Have a great day. There are, of course, many "misunderstandings" about the Church. So be it. We are all welcome to have our 'opinions' on these issues.

K

kaylagrl

Well, that is an old tale, but the Catholic Church was the first church ... of Christ and gave us our Bible. Protestants (named so for protest-ants) disagreed and broke off with the Church. Their right of course. They are now split into many disagreeing denominations. Again, up to them.
I would never say that anyone who believes in jesus Christ is not a Christian, but you can do that if you wish. Have a great day. There are, of course, many "misunderstandings" about the Church. So be it. We are all welcome to have our 'opinions' on these issues.

Actually the first church was the New Testament church and they were spirit filled. They confessed to Christ alone and they did not believe Mary could forgive sin,nor that she could do miracles. They did not have a pope,they had no need of one since Christ was their high priest. We can now go directly to the throne room of God because of Christ.

As far as denominations being different most of that has to with governing of the church. I could go to a Baptist,Wesleyan,Pentecostal,CofG,Nazarene,some Methodist,Im forgetting some, churches and find fellowship with them and have most of the same beliefs in common.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
GOD gave us the bible. Not the catholic church.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Catholics are NOT Christians. There is NOTHING Christian at all about catholicism... They do and believe, things that Christians do NOT do and believe...
I wouldn't go that far as to say Catholics are not Christian. They do believe salvation is through Jesus.