WHERE DID EVIL COME FROM?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2011
7TH REVELATION: THE ROOT OF EVIL. WHERE DID EVIL AND SIN COME FROM? WHAT STARTED EVIL AND SIN? EVIL AND SIN ARE SUCH BECAUSE GOD HIMSELF HAS LABELED THEM AS THESE THINGS. WHY? I BELIEVE THAT GOD OBSERVED ALL OF HIS CREATIONS THROUGH ALL OF TIME AND THE THINGS THAT CAUSED EXTINCTION, MASS DESTRUSTION WITHIN A SPECIES, AND ANY DESTRUCTION WERE WHAT HE LABELED AS SIN AND EVIL AND TO NOT BE DONE. GODS TRUTHS WERE TOLD TO MAN SO THAT WE COULD OVERCOME OUR ANIMAL INSTINCTS AND LIVE LONG UPON THE EARTH. WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HELP GROW AND EXPAND HEAVEN. GOD NEEDS NOTHING FROM US. HE CAN CREATE AND RECREATE AS HE WISHES. HE LOVES MANKIND AND WISHES FOR US TO JOIN HIM FOR ETERNITY. IT'S OUR CHOICE. GOD BLESS YOU
HULDAH

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
God created evil..................

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
God didn't create evil; he gave us free will. Evil is a decision (of free will) to exist without God. Lucifer was the one that introduced evil into the world by tempting Adam and Eve.

We were all given free will. How amazing that God did not want us to be puppets. He wanted us to have freedom to make our own choices - to choose him or the way of the world.

Just like us, the Angels were also given free will. We know this because angels were directly created by God so they would've had a Holy Nature. They were made perfect without a sinful nature. However, man has a sinful nature because we inherited it from Adam. So, angels would not have had the mix of good and bad found in men. BUT - they were created with the responsibility of self determination, proven by the fact that many of them fell from heaven. This concludes they had free will just like us. We can read what was in the heart of Lucifer (Satan) before he fell from heaven: (Isaiah 14:13-14): "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High."

God knew ahead of time that evil would be introduced into the world, but did not stop it because of our gift of free will. Also - it would allow us to fully appreciate his love and grace. Without free will we would be like robots that would never appreciate or understand the nature of and fellowship with God, which is the ultimate and perfect state of a human being.

Just my thoughts..

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2011
Awareness of evil came from awareness of self (self-awareness)This is the evil knowledge that Adam and Eve received in the garden of Eden. (Genesis 3:7). It is said that Satan looked into a pool of water one day and thought "I am Beautiful" (I am important ----NOT God is sovereign) This led to self-awareness that became I want, I need, I must, I can. These things fueled his animal instincts of jealousy, hatred,greed, gluttony, etc. He became selfish, self-centered, self willed----me, me, me until the creation became greater than the creator.Ego grew and fueled sin/evil into MONSTROUS PROPORTIONS. This caused Satan and one third of the angels to be ejected from heaven. Mankind has become a world of self-worshipers also. Does God hate the devil for what he became? Does God hate us for what we've become? God does not hate the being but the evil within the being. And please remember that God said that ALL things were created by him and for him. We are responsible for our own sins/evil. Satan can only TEMPT/TEST us. He's a TOOL of God's to test our knowledge of the truth. If he were not of use to God he would not still be in existance.God is sovereign and in complete power.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Yup. God hates the evil in the world for sure.

When Lucifer's heart was selfish and he was cast out of heaven, I agree that God used him as a tool, in order to test us all. I can see that.

God is certainly more powerful than Satan and could've easily ridden the world of his presence, but free will was a gift we were given and this would also be an opportunity for God to see who would accept or reject him...who wanted to follow the evil ways of Satan. Rejecting God would be following the ways of the world without God in your life.

We were given free will, the ability to choose.

I mention both names here, since Lucifer was the one created perfectly. He was the anointed Cherub. When he fell he became known as Satan. The bible also shows his name change relating to events as they happened.

Interesting thing is, there is no salvation for the fallen angels. They cannot be saved like us. Christ came to save man. If you think about it, the angels created their sinful nature, whereas man just inherited it form Adam. There was noone tempting the angels. Also, hell was created for Satan and his angels initially, but now it will also accommodate any man that rejects God.