Where did your parents/grandparents find each other?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brandon777

I want to know so I don't have to rely on a computer to find a wife.

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
It was a small town, so the main entertainment was going to a parking lot and sitting or standing around socializing with the other people there, or going to the one bowling alley. Typically you'd see the same people on a regular basis. So they met...started dating...and that was that.

Choose your parking lot wisely. :D

B

Brandon777

Thanks. I might have to move to a small place that has socialization like that. Need to get me a parking lot.. cuz where I live there are no parking lots that are like that.

May 6, 2011
My parents met in Jacksonville..which for those that dont know is the largest city size wise in the continental US. But I think it was my mom and she went to her friend's youth group one time and my dad went there. i could have the roles reversed but i know they met in youth group

N

NukePooch

Choose your parking lot wisely. :D

My ideal parking lot would probably look something like this. Tougher to find women, sure, but when I do, I can be reasonably sure we're both on the same path.

Attachments

F

Faeriecat

I do not know how my parents or my dad's parents met, but I do know my mom's parents met on the boat from the UK while they were immigrating to the US.

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
My parents met at a disco, 6 years before they were saved.

Mum was dancing with her friends. Dad offered to buy them a round. They all asked for a vodka and lemonade, or a vodka and coke or something.

Dad came back with 6 lemonades, hads one to mum and says : "no girldfriend of mines is going to drink!"

4 weeks later they were engaged, 10 weeks after being enganged they were married. 33 years later and with 6 kids. They are the most happiest couple ive ever seen :p

N

nanabean

My dad on his motorcycle scared the horse my mom was riding, he was impressed she handled the horse, and she was impressed he cared and came back around to make sure she was fine.

A

amstrick

My parents met at a skating rink when they were 14 and it was love at first sight for my dad. He drove 4 hours to and from my mom's house every Saturday until she graduated high school then they got married. (Back then you could get your license at 15 in SC )

W

Whyllow

My mom was set up on a blind date by my grandma. On top of it she was sick! She was mad and took it out on the guy for my grandma doing that to her... 3 months later they got married haha!

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
My parents met at a disco, 6 years before they were saved.

Mum was dancing with her friends. Dad offered to buy them a round. They all asked for a vodka and lemonade, or a vodka and coke or something.

Dad came back with 6 lemonades, hads one to mum and says : "no girldfriend of mines is going to drink!"

4 weeks later they were engaged, 10 weeks after being enganged they were married. 33 years later and with 6 kids. They are the most happiest couple ive ever seen :p
Awww thats a great ending! :)

R

rainacorn

My parents met in the Army during medical training. They married after knowing each other for only a couple weeks because they both knew all of the lyrics to this really goofy, obscure song. Same odd-ball sense of humor and love of word play and science fiction. It was destiny, I suppose. They're massive dorks.

My paternal grandparents were set up on a blind date. My maternal grandparents met in a restaurant. Both grandfathers were military men (uniforms = hot stuff) and my grandmothers were both stunners. Pretty classic, really, for the time.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
My ideal parking lot would probably look something like this. Tougher to find women, sure, but when I do, I can be reasonably sure we're both on the same path.
You actually bring up a really god point.

By doing whatever it is that you feel passionate about, when you find a girl there, you can be sure that you are both on the same path. :)

^cheesy^ but still :)

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
My dad on his motorcycle scared the horse my mom was riding, he was impressed she handled the horse, and she was impressed he cared and came back around to make sure she was fine.
AAAWWWWW, that's really sweet, Nana :)