Where do I go from here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
Well, I've kind of exhausted all my resources. I feel so lost and alone inside. I can't even explain it really. What I want more than anything in the world is to be picked up and taken under someone's wing but I think I'm gonna be waiting a long time. People always say well Jesus is a father to the fatherless, and you're never a lone with Jesus and God is always with you. And that all may be true in spirit. But Jesus doesn't sit next to you. He doesn't put his hand on your back or gives you a powerful hug. You can't hear his actual voice talking to you or encouraging you. You can't look into his non judgmental, loving eyes. Sure you can read about it... but all that won't happen till your united with him forever. Then you can actually see him, hear him, feel him, climb into his arms like a little boy getting picked up by his dad.

So I'm kind of lost as to what I'm doing here still. Nothing ever changes. I prayed that God would send me an angel or help but no one ever comes. I thought getting a Job would help. Nope. Something insane like skydiving... what a disappointment. Went to church hoping someone would notice. Nope... seeing a Christian psychologist... waste of money. Church was kind of what I thought would help everything if I could just get myself to go. Or a therapist to help keep goals in line but I'm not impressed and last session was a complete waste of money.

Try to change how I see myself but you can't do it by yourself. And I can read the bible all I want, but unless what it says is affirmed elsewhere, how am I supposed to understand it? Jesus cares and sees everything to the core... well if I've never had anyone care or whatever, how am I supposed to understand something reading it when I've never felt it in real life? If I've never felt love, or acceptance, or affection, how am I supposed to understand what God is talking about then in the bible? Sure it's nice to curl up under the covers in the dead of night thinking about it and how God is right there holding you in his arms and knowing everything better than you know yourself... but that is just temporary. You can't lay under the covers all day and think happy thoughts forever.

And I've thought about just accepting it for what it is and just patiently wait till Jesus calls me home but... how can you share the love of God with others if you don't know it for yourself? I can't tell of anything amazing God has done in my life. I'm still waiting for that miracle. People ask for my testimony and I don't really have one aside from "well I was 8 years old and I told my mom I wanted to accept Christ blah blah blah". Was I really saved then? Was I really saved the hundred of times I've asked since? I don't know. I mean I genuinely want to give my life up to God. And I've prayed over and over and over that he would save me, break me, rip out all the darkness, make me selfless, loving and a well of life flowing out of me and a light to others but every week is the same and weekends always end in despair. I can never appreciate myself or see myself through his eyes. Not alone anyway. If Jesus would just show up on my bed at night, put his arm around me, everything would be great. If he gave me just one helper to lead me a little, I could get over this. But I feel like someone out in the desert who's fallen in the mud and every way you crawl is just more rain and more mud. And sometimes the mud itself just feels so warm you just wanna curl up in it and fall asleep.

So... what's next? Where do I go? Right now my greatest hope is that when I die, I'll see Jesus and all tears and pain will be wiped away. But as far as the light of things hoped for in this temporary physical life, it's wearing very thin.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
As one who has lived the things you speak to, I hope my witness will bring you hope again in Jesus with praise.
I understand not knowing the love spoken to, simply because you never had it, it was my struggle for many years as well.
Untill Jesus helped me to see by others and the scriptures that the love we are called to is not of the world, so we cannot compare it to the world.
Jesus saud we need to enter His kingdom like children, this is because as children we look to our parent, God our Father to teach us what perfect love is.
Even a person who has known love in the world, has to learn the love that is given in Jesus.
One of the ways to learn this love is not looking to recieving, but giving love, the love God Our Father teaches us.
For perfect love has no self, it is, and is known through giving.
As to knowing God Our Father as your Father, I waited many years to learn this love as well, as I sought the comfort of the protective and comforting arms you speak to.
Again, I had to set aside what is known in the world, and look in Jesus Christ is Lord to God Our Father to show me His perfect love.
I admit there are still times I ask God for a hug, :), but then I remember that this is but the flesh, and look again to seek His perfect love.
For when we come to in Jesus to God Our Father in faith, He teaches us how to live in spirit, not flesh.
Look in faith to Jesus, as a child, He will teach you what is perfect and eternal, not flesh.
And yes, Jesus will not fail, and God Our Father is true to His promise. :)

You are in my prayers in Jesus Christ is Lord for all that is the love and perfect that is promised.
Remember, we enter His kingdom as children. :)

God bless
pickles

Last edited:

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I totally agree with pickles. I will be praying for you. God bless

S

shekaniah

The truth is most people are struggling to support what they have going on in their own life.
If you need support and love from others, sometimes you have to give to receive.
Have you gone to your pastor and told him how you feel?
Maybe there is a elder in the church that is lonely, and would love to be an emotional support for you,
and then you could possibly help them in other ways...like picking things up at the store, heavy lifting or
small paint job.

God does want to love you through other people, but who have to be a willing vessel for him too.

I will be praying for you, may God bless you and keep you.

Here is a good verse to read...

Phil 1:9,10 & 11
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,
so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,
filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Aces? How are you doing?
Still praying for you in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

Oct 20, 2011
Wow I really feel your pain. Listen I know how you feel. I really do as I've felt like that many times infact along the journey. I'll try and give you a few ideas then I'll pray for you okay, and if you need someone to chat with PM me okay.

The first thing I have to tell you is this. Life is hard. I hate to say it, but doesn't matter who you are, or how you slice it, life is gonna be hard on you. And it's gonna be full of problems and challenges. My brother told me this early on in life... "anyone who told you life was gonna be easy or fair lied!". It's true.

So what do you do? Well you don't have many people to rely on. Even your best friend could turn around and stab you in the back. So you have to do one thing. You have to create inner alignment. That means simply you have to become your own best friend. No one is looking out for you. Only God and You. So you have to learn to be your own best friend. You have to learn to like yourself. That takes work too for some. You have to affirm to yourself daily as simply a statement as "I like myself". And think of all the things you're good at and that you've done well. Think of all the things that you love to do and that inspire you in life that you can get excited about.

So the next thing you need to do is a weird practice. It's the act of doing and not thinking. Just go about your day, and don't think so much. Honestly. Just remind yourself that if you're gonna actually "think". Then from here on you're only gonna think of positive things, and say positive affirmations. That's it. If you're not feeling good, just practice "not thinking". And just doing. That means getting out there, having a productive day, and not thinking so much. Honestly this is a extremely helpful practice to get into. The reason being is that some people just happen to "think too much" and often it generally leads to negative thinking. So if you have to think, think positive. And if practice "just doing" not thinking so much.

The next thing is just surround yourself with as many good friends and positive uplifting people as you possibly can. If you want a way to do this, try this website it's called meetup.com . They are people that meet in groups in every city around the world. You can meet lots of new friend off that site in real life. Also try and get involved in chruch. I know it can be very clickish. I've found that too and it's been such a challenge. But again look for people that you can contribute to, and who you can help and be a friend to. Do that and you'll meet tons of friends. Don't wait around hoping someone will be your friend, you go out and meet them and contribute to them and they will gladly welcome you. And find a gf who can support you along the way.

Find a job so that you have something to do with your days to keep you busy. If not then go back to college and take a full time course. Honestly you have to do one of these two things. It's important. Without one or the other you'll have a very very hard life. Life is designed around people getting jobs. Even starting your own business is very challenging, so only attempt that after you have a full time job. Then maybe start a small business in your spare time that you work on after work and on weekends. This gives your life drive, purpose, meaning, money, accomplishment and accolades. If you want to have an exciting life all you need is a job. And generally women like dudes that have jobs.

Get your place and car. This is a good starting goal if you're not there in life already. I mean it's a small thing but it's a sign of becoming an adult man. That you can stand on yoru own 2 feet. Again this is gonna mean you get a job.

And just keep praying, reading Gods word, going to church and living a sin free life so that you can have a good and blessed life.

Again I'm not gonna lie to you. Life is hard. I mean it's full of challenges. It's full of problems. It can get overwhelming at times even to the point where it feels like you're not even sure if you can go on. But again, you've been given a precious gift of life. You're gonna live forever, here, then after this life. So get started living. Be your own best friend. Stop thinking so much. Get some basic goals in place. Get a job, so you can get a car, a place, travel, meet a girl. And just start living life up. God wants you to be happy. But trust me, it's just like you said, he's not gonna knock at your door at 8am saying "okay pal get out of bed and we're gonna go out and kick butt!". He'll be with you, in spirit. And he'll guide your path, But you got to be your own best friend as well and motivate yourself. The harder you are on yourself the easier life will be on you.

Anyway, count yourself fortunate that you can sit around wondering what you're gonna do next in life. 1/3 of the people in life don't have such a luxury. They're starving in places life africa and the moment the sun rises they have to get up get out and work all day 12 hours ever day just to barely make enough to eat. Think about those people. They wish they had youre problems of just feeling lonely and bored. Like come on buddy. You got the world at your feet. you can do anything you want if you just get off your butt and go do it. Your problems are nothing compared to some, so thank God for that right. Your not starving your not uneducated, you have a healthy body, you know God. You have nothing to worry about. So don't waste anymore time get out there and start living life up okay my friend.

Dear lord please help this person get motivated and to become there own best friend in life Amen.

Good luck ;-p

acesneverwin

Jun 8, 2011
I must have been half asleep when I posted this cause I honestly didn't remember this until I accidently clicked on my posts and wondered what was this...

Thanks for the prayers and replies. They were very nice to read right now =) Just to clear things up though Canadian... I do have a job... that's why weekends always suck cause I don't have anything to do to keep my mind off stuff. And the job sucks too but it pays decent and it keeps me busy and I'm thankful for it. And I just paid my car off so I have one of those too. And I own a house but don't live there at the moment (it's too lonely). But I'd get rid of it all if I could change how I am and connect with people (real life... not internet). I also have a nice nest egg for someday when I actually do have a life and a reason for living it.

But I completely understand about the whole motivational thing. It's just... as with anything, you aren't gonna stay motivated with anything very long if you don't see results. I was very motivated to try and work with my therapist when I finally balled up and got one (which was a hard step for me one but apparently one that proved in vain). Well, every week is becoming the same and I could really do the same thing here for free and get the same advice or pointers... but it's nice to talk to a real person... but anyway, I don't even see a use in going very much anymore because as far as my goals go, there aren't many results and he's not that helpful. He just listens and tells me stuff I already knew. I was excited when he said he'd help me learn confidence and stuff but I have yet to see him bring anything like that to the table or any kind of exercise that would help with that. The last time I went was a waste. I already feel like I've told him everything and now I feel like I'm waiting for him to follow up or dig into it or something but nope, the last week I didn't even know what to say and just ran around in circles saying the same things I already said before and a bunch of unrelated stupid stuff...

Also, while I'm working on it, it's very hard to change how you think about yourself where you actually want to take up these things when you've felt so bad about yourself for sooo long (this started in middle school and I'm 28 now so... well over a decade). And when you don't see anything to affirm or validate your progress, it's very hard to keep going or finding any kind of motivation at all because it seems all directions are the same and go nowhere. Not true but, you can't just switch how your brain operates and thinks when it's been programmed and conditioned to think another way. So yeah, I have a hard time connecting with people... or feeling good enough that I feel I CAN actually help people cause I feel so weak and useless.

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
Went to church hoping someone would notice. Nope...
Hi! Maybe you remember me, we chatted once, nice to read from you. :)
I wanted to say that I think you should persevere with going to church. Maybe no one showed they noticed you when you went, but they will, if you continue attending. You say they didn't notice, but did YOU notice anyone? Why not say "Hi, I'm new here, does your church have any programs for young people?" or anything of the like. I definitely think attending a church would change things for you. Just do it! ;)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I must have been half asleep when I posted this cause I honestly didn't remember this until I accidently clicked on my posts and wondered what was this...

Thanks for the prayers and replies. They were very nice to read right now =) Just to clear things up though Canadian... I do have a job... that's why weekends always suck cause I don't have anything to do to keep my mind off stuff. And the job sucks too but it pays decent and it keeps me busy and I'm thankful for it. And I just paid my car off so I have one of those too. And I own a house but don't live there at the moment (it's too lonely). But I'd get rid of it all if I could change how I am and connect with people (real life... not internet). I also have a nice nest egg for someday when I actually do have a life and a reason for living it.

But I completely understand about the whole motivational thing. It's just... as with anything, you aren't gonna stay motivated with anything very long if you don't see results. I was very motivated to try and work with my therapist when I finally balled up and got one (which was a hard step for me one but apparently one that proved in vain). Well, every week is becoming the same and I could really do the same thing here for free and get the same advice or pointers... but it's nice to talk to a real person... but anyway, I don't even see a use in going very much anymore because as far as my goals go, there aren't many results and he's not that helpful. He just listens and tells me stuff I already knew. I was excited when he said he'd help me learn confidence and stuff but I have yet to see him bring anything like that to the table or any kind of exercise that would help with that. The last time I went was a waste. I already feel like I've told him everything and now I feel like I'm waiting for him to follow up or dig into it or something but nope, the last week I didn't even know what to say and just ran around in circles saying the same things I already said before and a bunch of unrelated stupid stuff...

Also, while I'm working on it, it's very hard to change how you think about yourself where you actually want to take up these things when you've felt so bad about yourself for sooo long (this started in middle school and I'm 28 now so... well over a decade). And when you don't see anything to affirm or validate your progress, it's very hard to keep going or finding any kind of motivation at all because it seems all directions are the same and go nowhere. Not true but, you can't just switch how your brain operates and thinks when it's been programmed and conditioned to think another way. So yeah, I have a hard time connecting with people... or feeling good enough that I feel I CAN actually help people cause I feel so weak and useless.
I know as my struggle was from childhood as well, I cried our to Jesus asking how can I change the way I think, how do you fix the heart that is broken beyond repair.
Jesus said, I give you a new heart.

Aces, Jesus will do this work and healing in you, just look to Jesus, and He will look to all you need.
You continue to be in my daily prayers in Jesus Christ is Lord.

God bless
pickles