Where does our Righteousness Come From?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 30, 2012
Not having a righteousness of my own which comes from the law but that which is by faith in Christ, the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith
Phil3:9

For in the Gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness which is by faith from first to last. As it is writen, the righteous will live by faith
Rom 1:17

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law Christ died for nothing
Rom 2:21

Those verses to me make clear that the one and only righteousness we can have in God's eyes for the whole of our Christian lives is faith in the son of God who loved us and gave himself for us, would everyone agree?

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Amen! Believers, through faith in Christ, are righteous in the sight of God. "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference" (Romans 3:22).

E

eternally-gratefull

we need to look at it this way, Our souls are covered by the blood of Christ. when God looks at us he does not see our filth and dirt, he sees his son, we live because Christ died and rose again, as long as christ lives, we live, because God promised. anything added to this is a false gospel of works. because it is based on self, and not God.