Where in the bible...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Malcyboy

Where in the bible does it say we need to constantly remind the congregation of a church about the pastor who founded the ministry? now I mean, fair enough, yes its good to remember those who have gone before us... but recently its been the "anniversary of our founding pastor's homegoing" and for the past 2 months its all been about "my husband, the man of God, was so full of faith" and "oh he fought for christian education and for the bible college" and you know something I am kind of sick of it.. I am going to church to fellowship and to give and take in the gifts God has given to us, but right now, I feel like I am going to a meal expecting food, yet on arrival to the banquet, being told there is no food actually...I do love my church, but I just feel like my pastor isn't moving on from her husband's death even after 5 years roughly... and if i slightly grumble about it, the christian mafia is on my back "DONT YOU BE SO IGNORANT OF GOD'S CHOSEN!!!"

secondly, why do christians love love love to correct people when you dont ask them for advice, yet when you do go to them for advice, they and I quote one of my christian friends turn around and say "theres too much to read there lol" .... what kind of response is that? I mean, i am at a place in my faith, where I ain't doubting God's existence etc, but I just feel so confused and challenged with soulical challenges and fleshy desires and all the mind games, that I am ready to break down, and so when I go to someone for advice, they are too lazy too read it all... is a christian friend who is actually walking the love walk too much to ask for? i mean yes people are human, we make mistakes..often lol...but i dont have any christian friends who i do trust enough to support me and love me and encourage me through my issues...

*RANT OVER* lol

L

lav

i'm having a rough time of it too... i listened and i'm sorry i don't have any advice.
you're not alone.

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
It sounds like the widow needs counseling. Here in the states we have what is called grief counseling sometimes offered by laypeople in churches.

N

nathan3

Well I dont give advice if not asked. Unless its a open conversation like in a forum or in the chat room.

The only thing i can see if they honoring a pastor for two whole months is that the Word of God is NOT being taught during that time. That is very excessive. It just seems like a subconscious sort of way not to get into the bible. Any reason not to study the Word of God; or time, people will take it.

M

Malcyboy

Tbh sometimes I feel pastor is too tired... she does 3 services every sunday which involves travelling quite a bit, among everything else... and so i sometimes feel these services are a way of recharging without cancelling services...

L

LT

So the wife took over the church as pastor after her husband died?
That is a problem Scripturally. I don't want to sound sexist, but the Bible is clear that there are roles, and church leadership is not a role that a woman should be trying to fill. Also, if she is ministering to more than one congregation, then she is no longer your pastor, because she will never have time to know your whole congregation personally. She is a preacher, but not a shepherd (pastor).

If the church is idolizing a man, they are sinning deeply, even more-so if they are idolizing a dead man.

From what you are saying, it sounds like you have out-grown your church. If a congregation is led by someone who needs to be fed milk of Bible, then the congregation will never receive the meat of Scripture. I'm not saying that you should definitly leave your church family, but that you need to find a way to get fed! That might be a para-church ministry, or you may have to find another place to worship entirely.

Honestly, I have taken a class about the process of how a local church falls apart. It sounds like your congregation will not last much more than another 6 months. A year is stretching it. If the leadership is tired, then the congregation is asleep. If the leadership is busy ministering outside of the congregation, then the ministry within the congregation is weakened.

M

Malcyboy

no no, its all 1 ministry, we just have two buildings... i mean its a temporal issue, because we do have other people who teach at the pulpit, so its usually fine, but its like every November and october, its like she brings her rememberance of her husband to everyones attention.... continually. thats okay for her to remember and miss her husband, thats fine, but its like shes scared everyone else will forget him... we wont because the fruit of his work that he has left behind...but she feels she has to continually remind us every year

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Isayah 29:13-14, "Therefore Yahweh said: Because these people draw near to Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but have removed their hearts far from Me, and their reverence to Me is taught by the precept of men; Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people; a marvelous work and a wonder; for the wisdom of their wise men will perish, and the understanding of their prudent men; discerning, will be hid."