Where is the love?

• Thread starter morganlitchfield
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morganlitchfield

So.. where is it? Where is the love I hear so many Christians brag about? I see more slander and hatred from the ''worldly Christians'', cause that's what they are.. than I see the love that Jesus brought to this world. He came to die for everyone,
every single person. Not just the 'holy'. Christ died for you WHILE you were still sinners. Yet, I hear Christians say that 'we shouldn't accept them into the Church! They are sinners!'' So uh, what's the 'real' purpose of church then? If NOT for sinners? Do the rich need money? Do the healthy need a doctor? No.. the 'church' is not a museum for SAINTS, but a Hospital for SINNERS. We don't need, and frankly I don't WANT a building to be where I worship Christ. My church is.. me. With other believers. Not in the sense that I need to dress up a certain way, or I need to act a certain way.. Christ wants A RELATIONSHIP. Not a religion. So, before you talk.. Accept the sinners and show them God's love. That doesn't mean accept the sin.. but love on em, cause Christ loves us.. We cannot scare people into believing, don't bother trying. Fear is not the answer.. it isn't.

K

kennyjames

hi morganl; im new here but not to Christianity. I like much of what you`ve said and I since a lot of heart in you and some of what you have said finds me lacking, I see it and thank you for that! I also am tender hearted and sensitive and try to be careful not to offend others (I give what I want for myself). hospital for sinners, wow!! that touches me right in the heart!! you have brought a tear to my eyes. morganl; the only thing we should fear is Christ judgment not mans. Gods ways are not mans ways, Christ was sent to bridge the gap but not by condemning but to bring to light mans need to change if we want heaven for ourselves we must do as he taught. I`m sure Christ realized that some of us need time to sort out and absorb, so much to learn!! we must face ourselves first and this can take time. then we must change and bring ourselves in line with Gods way of thinking and this takes time, it did for me! IF you have a private issue to resolve, go to the bible, find someone to help you interpret and ask the Holy Ghost be sent to you to guide you and believe me he will!! as I understand it, the Holy Ghost is the intermediate between us and God/Christ. will end now but I will say that God knows your heart and your issues and is full of grace. I know he loves you morganlitchfield. thank morganl for I`ve learned something from you!! Good Lord be with you, your special!! signed; kenj

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I agree. Also, there is not one of us that doesn't need a hospital. Not one of us is perfect.

Now, there are some people we're instructed to not associate with, such as people who repeatedly offend other members and won't apologize. But even then, we are to not count them as an enemy, but admonish them as a brother.

R

richie_2uk

Was there any love there in the beginning? to know that it's gone? and I don't mean from Christ.

May 3, 2013
Good preacher!

I liked this: "...Christ wants A RELATIONSHIP. Not a religion..." That why I do not belong to a church, but to those God drwas me.

Hey! Be carefull! Stones are ready to be thrown. (Remember Jesus was bold criticizing like you).

May 3, 2013
@ Jimm "...we're instructed to not associate with..."

This comes to AVOID BEING like them. If I cope, too much with pagans or unbelievers, I behave like them, and I CAME FROM BEING LIKE THOSE I WAS.

Religion saves no one, but I have to be like Jesus (not religios or hipocrite).

May 3, 2013
@ KennyJames

My claps for you: Well said!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well Morgan sadly most churches have fallen from the path Jesus set before us, they don't really teach on having a relationship with him but more of how to act and be a Christian. But what is a Christian without love and a relationship with God? It is merely a person following what the church approves of, the church is not a building it is the very body of Christ(us) The love is fading away because people are getting to big headed, they see themselves as good Christians and righteous and wise yet for get to have an actual connection with God. The love is fading away in many places, this is why families are falling apart and why churches look down upon the poor and needy.

R

richie_2uk

Im sorry Morgan, I was jokin, earlier, but this is true, were is the love gone?, I wrote a thread on this, and no one seemed to care. and I thought to myself, Wow, This is what Jesus gets for he did on that cross?

Nov 7, 2012
like the after effect of enmity or something? post war.

underneath it all people are wounded.

wounds-1.jpg

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
@ Jimm "...we're instructed to not associate with..."

This comes to AVOID BEING like them. If I cope, too much with pagans or unbelievers, I behave like them, and I CAME FROM BEING LIKE THOSE I WAS.

Religion saves no one, but I have to be like Jesus (not religios or hipocrite).
Actually, I was speaking of believers, not the pagans. It's funny, the ONLY people I can think of that Jesus instructed us to disassociate ourselves from are fellow Christians who offend us and refuse to make things right. -JIM

May 3, 2013
@JImm

Dis-association at the church?

The case I remmenber jesus teaching was that of a "Christian" who keeps on sinning (not a believer using the nick of a Christian). That case invites us to TALK TO THAT PERSON, is not paying attention, taking 2 or 3 brothers to witness and, if not convicted or turned away from A FAULT, the assembly could send him or her home.

Offences and refusals come everywhere. Rejections or disassociations are not liked IN the church, but could happen, more than when I was a pagan.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
@JImm

Dis-association at the church?

The case I remmenber jesus teaching was that of a "Christian" who keeps on sinning (not a believer using the nick of a Christian). That case invites us to TALK TO THAT PERSON, is not paying attention, taking 2 or 3 brothers to witness and, if not convicted or turned away from A FAULT, the assembly could send him or her home.

Offences and refusals come everywhere. Rejections or disassociations are not liked IN the church, but could happen, more than when I was a pagan.
That is exactly what I was referring to. I didn't go into much detail, but the elements were there. Repeatedly refusing to heed people when called upon to make the offense right.

Just to clarify, I'll submit the following made-up story. At my church, Bob is one of the ushers. Bob slaps someone for asking him to help them be seated. I tell Bob he needs to apologize, and make things right. He refuses, so we bring witnesses, and finally, we tell it in front of the whole church. If he's still saying he wasn't wrong, he must leave the church. We still won't think of him as an enemy, but he is out the door.

There may be some who say we should not judge Bob. We don't judge Bob, we only judge the action. We can and should remove him from the church if he repents not.

I just wanted to add it to Morgan's good thread, just for more information. There are cases where we cannot accept people into our churches, but it's not for struggling with sin, etc. It is for refusing to acknowledge sin, and not making things right with those he offended.

J

jkalyna

I thought exactly the same thing, the neighbors that weve had in this building none were Christians. This is probably why it says," straight and narrow, is the way that leads to life, and FEW, GO on it, "but many on the broad and wide, that leads to death. Your a light keep shining, :) :) :) :) :)

X

xXErraticEmilyXx

Baked inside apple pies. That's where love is.

B

Beckon

How many killings does it take to make a killer? (1!)
How many thefts does it take to make a thief? (1!)
how many lies does it take to make a lair? (1!)
SO
How many sins does it taker to maker a sinner, if not 1?

All the word sin means is to be separated from The Spirit Of Eternal Truth in 1 or more areas/ways, is it not said, "A little leaven, leavens the whole, as a little lie adulterates The Truth with impurities. Again, In The Truth not 1 lie can be found or you have (Spiritually) adulterated Truth!
Beckon