Where Will You Go?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2019
Amos 4:7 KJV “And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.”

In 2015 we had to look for a home. I was already out of the military and my husband was retiring, and so we were relocating. We found a house in a small village in northern Quebec that we thought would be fitting and suit our needs. The seller, however, despite us getting an inspection, failed to reveal certain things about the house, and we were left having to complete many repairs that the inspector did not pick up.

In any event, we have tried to make the best of a bad situation, and with the Grace of God have been doing ok. Then came the summer of 2017 and 2018. Now we have a surface well, and these 2 summers were terrible for lack of rain. Our well did not fill up. And so here we were with an orchard and garden that was dying, no drinking water, no water to flush our toilets, no water to wash clothes, no water to shower, no water to wash dishes, no water period! So where do you go? There is not enough money to buy enough water to do all this! So where do you go? God was about to teach us a lesson about water and HIM! There was a river in the next town, and so every day we hauled water up a hill to our vehicle for our house, for our yard, for our toilets, for our dishes, for to wash in. Everyday for 6 months, for those two years we did this. Water is very heavy when you have to haul it uphill. You quickly learn not to waste a drop! You will quickly forgo flushing your toliet 5 times a day if you remember how heavy water is, and how valuable it is! Oh you think I am kidding! I am NOT!

You see God will test you in ways you have never dreamed of. And you will appreciate every little thing that HE provides and gives you. You will learn to trust HIM like you never have.

In 2018, the summer became a little easier as we found an artesian well that the town had put in for tourists to use so that we did not have to haul the water from the river anymore but we went one day and found it closed off. They were building a car wash there. Our hearts we downcast. Back to the river it was. But we were still grateful to GOD for the break and for the river. And then something wonderful. We were driving past one day and then on the other side of the road, like a miracle the same artisian well appeared. They had replaced it. Oh how good is GOD!

So our lives are not easy here for sure. I will tell you, we value water. But I will tell you what the LORD has taught us to value even more, HIM! HE always takes care of us, HE always provides for us, and HE loves us!

What do you value? Who do you trust? Where will you go when the things that you value are not at your fingertips?

All Glory and Honour is Yours Almighty Father through your Son, JESUS CHRIST!

Attachments

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Wow Sister! I wish there was MORE than this little reward emoji!
I know exactly what you mean by the trying .of our faith and will we turn to Him!
My whole life has been one BIG struggle. When I didn't have Him,I wanted to have never taken breath many many times!
With Him I have learned that this existence means nothing but our hopes are in a better place!
There are doors that have opened and closed in my life as well,yet He has been a constant!
I believe when we trust Him with much He rewards us much spiritually!
This too shall pass is how I live!
I just make sure that I hold to my rock against ANY storm!
We must lift each other up in love ,for.it will be worth IT ALL SOMEDAY!
Blessings!

Oct 24, 2019
Wow Sister! I wish there was MORE than this little reward emoji!
I know exactly what you mean by the trying .of our faith and will we turn to Him!
My whole life has been one BIG struggle. When I didn't have Him,I wanted to have never taken breath many many times!
With Him I have learned that this existence means nothing but our hopes are in a better place!
There are doors that have opened and closed in my life as well,yet He has been a constant!
I believe when we trust Him with much He rewards us much spiritually!
This too shall pass is how I live!
I just make sure that I hold to my rock against ANY storm!
We must lift each other up in love ,for.it will be worth IT ALL SOMEDAY!
Blessings!
The LORD sometimes make us suffer not becuase HE enjoys it or we enjoy it, but sometimes it teaches us things that are so valuable that we would not learn any other way. Thank you for taking the time to read what I have written and it's important to share our experiences I think as many people sometimes feel very cut off and alone in their trials as Christians. I have found when I first started following the LORD or should I say He chased and caught me, LOL, that I would not share things as I had seen so many Christians just beat up and belittle others when they did. It was a terrible thing. But as I have walked more with the LORD I have come to realize that there is usually a lot of hurt and pain behind that behaviour, so I try to be more understanding and try to share a bit more than I use to.

I pray the LORD Blesses each and every one of your days and your family and I will keep you in my prayers.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

The LORD sometimes make us suffer not becuase HE enjoys it or we enjoy it, but sometimes it teaches us things that are so valuable that we would not learn any other way. Thank you for taking the time to read what I have written and it's important to share our experiences I think as many people sometimes feel very cut off and alone in their trials as Christians. I have found when I first started following the LORD or should I say He chased and caught me, LOL, that I would not share things as I had seen so many Christians just beat up and belittle others when they did. It was a terrible thing. But as I have walked more with the LORD I have come to realize that there is usually a lot of hurt and pain behind that behaviour, so I try to be more understanding and try to share a bit more than I use to.

I pray the LORD Blesses each and every one of your days and your family and I will keep you in my prayers.

No! Thank you! Everything we share that we overcome should help someone else but alas not so here! Some just write people off and think they have all the answers!
Thank you for remembering me in prayer as I will do for you and yours also!
Whatever country you served for freedom,thank you and your hubby !
I'm so thankful to have true FREEDOM" in Him!
Blessings!

Oct 24, 2019
No! Thank you! Everything we share that we overcome should help someone else but alas not so here! Some just write people off and think they have all the answers!
Thank you for remembering me in prayer as I will do for you and yours also!
Whatever country you served for freedom,thank you and your hubby !
I'm so thankful to have true FREEDOM" in Him!
Blessings!
Our lives were not always easy but it was good. And the Good LORD looked after us for sure! God Bless you!