Where's the nerds?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Peccatus

Are there any nerds here besides myself? I can't be the only one.
LOTR fans, Star Wars fans, gamers, comic book nerds, MMORPG players...where are you?

M

MyRedeemerLives

I love LOTR and Star Wars but I don't know if I could be called a nerd lol

P

Peccatus

What about anime? You are only a nerd if you believe you are. I am a hardcore nerd through and through.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Hi Welcome to Christian Chat.

P

Peccatus

Well thank you

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
You welcome I'm a bible nerd ... I'm always reading :)

P

Peccatus

I'm always reading myself, not the bible though but anything and everything. A lot of Kurt Vonnegut too.

J

jimmydiggs

Hello Peccatus. Welcome to Christian Chat. I don't know if I qualify as a nerd, or a geek. I do however have a fancy for many nerdy/geeky things.

P

Peccatus

And what would those fancies be?

J

jimmydiggs

I do like LOTR, I like tinkering with computers. I'm not big on star wars, except the battles in it. Those are pretty awesome. I used to be a gamer, but I've been working on cutting back. Also loved the redwall series, which is kinda nerdy; in a sixth grade way.

W

wwjd_kilden

hmmm
I'm studying IT, I'm reading a book in a language where I have to look up about five words for each page that I read, and I spend 2/3 of my day on the computer? Is that nerdy enough? (and I love Death Note)

W

wyldkat

Welcome to CC.. Wouldn't call myself a nerd, but I do play some MMORPG

P

Peccatus

Well thanks for all the welcomes. Death Note is a **** good anime, just wish it was longer. Te Redwall series was good although i don't remember much of it. I read about 3-4 books a week and jump around in differant genres so some books take me a little bit to remember. Which MMO's do you play Wyldkat?

W

wyldkat

Runescape mostly. Have had others downloded but stopped playing.

P

Peccatus

I tried Runescape before but never really got into it. I have played dozens of MMO's. Right now i am playing Lord Of The Rings Online, Dungeon's & Dragons Online and Everquest II. They're all pretty good games. Each has their own flaws but still pretty good.

W

wyldkat

yes. D&D was one of the games I had dl'ed. Never really was into everquest and havent tried LOTR yet. Although i did register.

P

Peccatus

LOTR is pretty good but there are a few things i don't like about D&D online. I hate the fact that you only get exp. from completing quests and not from quests and monsters like every other MMO and i don't like that when you leave town or go anywhere that is not in towns you are alone. There are no other players running around no matter how big the landscape or dungeon is you are the only person there. Other than that i like it. I really like the combat system and think more MMO should should use it.

A

Amjet10

Dude. I went to a LOTR all day trilogy screen dressed as Rosie Cotton. Proudly. You got yourself a nerd riiiight here :]

P

Peccatus

Very nice. I went to a all day screening when Return first came out but i didn't dress up. If i would have dressed up it would have been as Tom Bombadil. My friends think i am nuts because i know too much about middle earth so when someone brings up Tolkien or any of the books i start talking about Manwe or Melkor or the 3 Silmaril's and then launch into the history of middle earth. I do the same thing for Star Wars also.