Which of you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

you have left out the holy spirit; dont you know that they were led by the holy spirit?
dont you understand that the holy spirit is still active now? today?

Jesus says seek; so, if we seek dont you think that he will send the holy spirit to guide us.do you think the h.spirit is not active now? or is the h.spirit only active before 70ad?

''wakeup''.

No. I didn't leave out the Holy Spirit. But many people can say, "My interpretation of the Bible is lead by the Holy Spirit", and then they go on to teach errors and heresies, when they believe they are being guided by the Holy Spirit into all truth according to John 16:13. People can be deceived into thinking what they believe is HS inspired, when sometimes it is from the own fallen human flesh, sinfulness and self-deception. We need to be careful. As a person like myself, I have experienced times when I was off of my medications, and I had all kinds of mental problems. When I am in a rational state of mind, I can understand sound doctrines and don't misunderstand Scripture. But it's possible to sometimes make mistakes and misunderstand the Bible. That is why we need the Orthodox Church: the Church doesn't misunderstand the Bible.

S

Scotth1960

scott; i know that you like reading,thats an advantage, but you are reading the wrong books all you need is the bible ,concentrate on the bible genuinely seeking and God will assist you,but you must leave those books,for it will only lead you astray. i realy mean this, because i want you also to know God,and the deep things of God. this is what God wants from us. no need to compete who is the brightest and the smartest; all knowledge is not of our own,it is given to us,nothing to boast about. this is the last thing i will do.
it is not ecceptable to God. may God guide you and bless you with knowledge.for God is very generous.

''wakeup''.
Dear Wakeup,
Which Bible do I need? Which version? Or versions? If all we need is the Bible, how will we understand the Bible? It takes many years to understand the "deep things of God". I am just trying to understand the basics. Like Ephesians 4. God bless you.
PS No, I am not reading the wrong books. And, I am reading the Bible. Where does the Bible say the books I am reading are wrong? (cf. John 21:25).
In Erie PA Scott Harrington