Which part of the day do you spend your alone time with God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Angel_Nicole
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Angel_Nicole

Guest
Really it is throughout the day. I will wake up and have a chat with Him. We talk when I am driving, and I start doing some serious praising when I jog. At night is when I might do more of the study time when I have come down from the day. I will do some reading in the Word, usually watcha Bible study dvd I have for a session, and spend time in prayer at night. It really is a continual process though.

Hello there! Yes, this is tantamount to what the Scripture says in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 "pray without ceasing".
 
All my time is spent with Him since he never leaves me. It is my awareness that leaves when my attention is diverted into many issues. Yet, even though I am thinking about other things, my spirit ALWAYS feels this closeness. Mornings are my best "listening to His voice" time through scripture or prayer, but I have learned not to feel guilty when I get busy during the day and He is far from my mind. I am comforted in knowing that I am not far from His at any time. I could even go so far as to say that He is probably enjoying how I live out my days - yet without necessarily reading the bible or praying with awareness of Him. He must enjoy how I paint a picture, play the piano, think up menus for the week, clean house and shop, listen to my friends, watch a movie that inspires or makes me laugh, read a good novel about life struggles or just eat good food.

Yet - those mornings are special.