Who can use proof of Jesus' resurrection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 27, 2019
Most of us are believers in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, aren't we? Do we need proof of his resurrection, the core of our Christian faith? We hope not but it sure couldn't hurt to have our faith confirmed by facts so now and then. Real proof of the essence of our faith is problematic, so I tend to be happy with strong indications that we are right with what constitutes the core of our living. Call it weakness of my faith if you like. But I'm sure I don't alone in this. We look at the good in people and the beauty in nature. But sometimes there is something stronger...

I am reading the works of the late Pinchas Lapide, a Jewish theologist and diplomat who was a follower of Jesus Christ. He focused on Jesus' Jewish roots and tries to bridge the gap between Christianity and the Jewish tradition.
The first book I read is The Resurrection of Jesus: A Jewish Perspective. After an analysis of raising from the dead in Jewish tradition Lapide turns to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He describes the fears of Jesus' followers after his earthly death. Their master had undergone the extremely cruel fate of Jewish rebels. And they were afraid to undergo the same fate. Therefore they fled and went into hiding. Lapide asks how it is possible that these simple frightened and disappointed would-be followers formed the basis of a world religion against all odds and threats. "The apostles' answer is short and simple: Jesus' resurrection from the dead."

Alleluia, Lord!

claudia22

Feb 12, 2019
PRAISE JESUS
THE BIBLE TELLS US ABOUT THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
THE BIBLE IS THE ONLY TRUE BOOK
IT IS THE HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRE THE HOLY MEN TO WRITE THE BIBLE..
HEBREWS 11 VERES 6 ... BUT WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD.
MATTHEW 19 VERSE..23 JESUS SAITH WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

1 CORINTHIANS 15 VERSE: 13 BUT IF THERE IS NO RESSURECTION OF THE DEAD, THEN NOT EVEN CHRIST HAS BEEN RAISED..

WITHOUT THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST.
THERE IS NO GOSPEL

AND IF THERE IS NO GOSPEL THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS..

1 CORINTHIANS 15 VERSE 17:
IT SAYS AGAIN IF CHRIST HAS NOT BEEN RAISED THEN OUR FAITH IS FUTILE; AND YOU ARE STILL IN YOUR SINS.
GLORY TO JESUS
HE IS RISEN
AND HE IS LORD
I HOPE THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS

BLESS U
CLAUDETTE

Jan 27, 2019
Thank you, @Claudia. My questions, if any, were primarily rhetorical. With my post I have more affirmation than questions to offer. But thanks anyway.
BTW, why so many capitals in your post?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
"The apostles' answer is short and simple: Jesus' resurrection from the dead."

Alleluia, Lord!
Amen.

"because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through [in] a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising [in having raised] Him [out-]from the dead." - Acts 17:31nasb

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Most of us are believers in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, aren't we? Do we need proof of his resurrection, the core of our Christian faith? We hope not but it sure couldn't hurt to have our faith confirmed by facts so now and then. Real proof of the essence of our faith is problematic, so I tend to be happy with strong indications that we are right with what constitutes the core of our living. Call it weakness of my faith if you like. But I'm sure I don't alone in this. We look at the good in people and the beauty in nature. But sometimes there is something stronger...

I am reading the works of the late Pinchas Lapide, a Jewish theologist and diplomat who was a follower of Jesus Christ. He focused on Jesus' Jewish roots and tries to bridge the gap between Christianity and the Jewish tradition.
The first book I read is The Resurrection of Jesus: A Jewish Perspective. After an analysis of raising from the dead in Jewish tradition Lapide turns to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He describes the fears of Jesus' followers after his earthly death. Their master had undergone the extremely cruel fate of Jewish rebels. And they were afraid to undergo the same fate. Therefore they fled and went into hiding. Lapide asks how it is possible that these simple frightened and disappointed would-be followers formed the basis of a world religion against all odds and threats. "The apostles' answer is short and simple: Jesus' resurrection from the dead."

Alleluia, Lord!
Faith come by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

Has God's word declared the resurrection? Then it is so. We are to walk by faith not by sight.

By finding Noah's ark, would that solidify the truth that the story of Noah and the ark is true? Or is Scripture enough for the believer?

Jan 27, 2019
I am a believer too. Probably my faith has even outgrown mustard seed size. But still... Maybe I AM the only one here who has occasional weaknesses and appreciate confirmations. They make me happy and I thank God for them.

KelbyofGod

Oct 8, 2017
Most of us are believers in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, aren't we? Do we need proof of his resurrection, the core of our Christian faith? We hope not but it sure couldn't hurt to have our faith confirmed by facts so now and then.
Lapide asks how it is possible that these simple frightened and disappointed would-be followers formed the basis of a world religion against all odds and threats. "The apostles' answer is short and simple: Jesus' resurrection from the dead."

Alleluia, Lord!
Felix,
Thanks for posting. I like the premise of your post.
When asked "Is there evidence of Jesus' resurection?" and the question Lapide asks, I feel they both have the same answer. That answer being "the Holy Ghost".

The bible says that the spirit itself (the Holy Ghost) bears witness (Rom 8:16) and it states that particular witness was not available during Jesus'earthly ministry (John 7:39) and it states again... in agreement with those other two verses... that the holy ghost now here is a witness (an observable evidence) that Jesus was indeed the Christ....this particular witness (again) not having been present during Jesus' ministry as Jesus came by water and blood only, with the spirit bearing witness later (1 John 5:6).

Also, how can it be so surely stated that it was the resurrection that ignited the Apostles? Weren't they cowering in fear AFTER his resurrection? Wasn't it only after they received the outpouring of the Holy Ghost that they were able to face and overcome those fears head-on?

Love in Jesus,
Kelby

Jan 27, 2019
I am incredibly happy with your post, @KelbyofGod ! Thanks. The Lord be praised forever and always.

Feb 28, 2016
truthfully, I never thought that those whom Jesus called to 'walk with Him' were afraid to the point that they
would deny Him and all that He stood for - hub and I love and honor their trust and faith in Him, and so, they
are among the many heroes that we adore...we totally believe all of their 'first-hand-witnesses'...

Jachob

Nov 2, 2015
I often feel like I would believe Christ is alive regardless of the evidence, but I am going to be honest and say there is plenty of evidence if that's what you are looking for. I think you know that already, and I enjoyed reading your post.

Now, I am going to say something that I by no means want to be contentious or argumentative. I do not believe the definition of faith is something we believe that is void of any evidence of confirmation. Jesus healed and raised the dead, and let us look at what he says about evidence.

John 10:37 - 38
If I am not doing the works of My Father, then do not believe Me. But if I am doing them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works themselves, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I am in the Father.”

Romans 1 says this about the evidence given for God's existence.

Romans 1:19-20
For what can be known about God is plain to them because God has shown it to them. 20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

It is a constant comfort to me to know that what I believe is constantly confirmed in God's creation. I am 100% certain God exists, and I am 100% certain Jesus Christ is Lord. I do believe the evidence for our faith is a wonderful blessing from God.

We do have an intellectually defensible faith.

However, if you were to say, "Yes, but I do not NEED evidence since faith is hope in what is not seen" I would agree that our faith is not solely based on what we see but on the testimony of the spirit in our hearts.

Romans 8:16
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

This is a very interesting conversation, and I enjoy participating in these discussions. I think everyone here made some great points, and I am always growing in my understanding of God and the way he works in the world around us.

claudia22

Feb 12, 2019
I am a believer too. Probably my faith has even outgrown mustard seed size. But still... Maybe I AM the only one here who has occasional weaknesses and appreciate confirmations. They make me happy and I thank God for them.
The Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the foundation of the Christian faith..
Without the Resurrection, the belief in God's saving grace through Jesus is destroyed.. When Jesus rose
from the dead, he confirm his identity as the Son of God.. And his work of atonement, redemption,
reconcilliation, and salvation. The Resurrection was a real, literal, physical raising of Jesus' body from
the dead.

Romans 8 verse 11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you,
He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies
through His Spirit who dwells in you..

JOHN 11 VERSE 25:
Jesus said to her, I am the Resurrection and the Life, He who believes in Me, though he may die, he
shall live. and whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?

verse 27.
She said to Him, yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is come ito the world...