Who Does Our Thinking for Us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Aniy

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
I get uncomfortable when someone says he believes this or that because that is what someone in a place of authority told him to believe. Frequently, people in places of authority don’t know what they are talking about. Remember the problems Jesus had with the religious leaders of his day?

It is our responsibility to read the teachings of Jesus, which are found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and obey him. Once we become adults, we don’t need anybody to tell us how to do that. Right?
Personally I think it's more important to read parts from the whole bible.

I found huge insight into what the new testament means by searching the Old Testament ways of thought.

Dec 5, 2012

When mary gave birth to Christ. She was BETROTHED to Joseph, they were not yet married.[/B]

[/B][/COLOR]
Mary was called by the Angel St Gabriel Luke 1:28: "Hail, full of grace" that is the only time in the Old or New Testament an angel addresses a person by title [hail Caesar ring a bell]

Full of grace. You know grace, if a person is full of grace does it have sin inside? Full of Grace, not having grace or needing grace or you need grace. She was Full of it, no room for error.

The Lord is with thee. The Lord, remember the apostles were Jews, they Highly respected the name of God, to call Him Lord was to respect the name of God and not blaspheme against it, they where not englishmen describing royal family. Jesus id the Lord and Jesus is God means the same.

When we call Her mother we are echoing the words of St Elizabeth, remember her? Mother of John the Baptist? She says "who am I that the Mother of My Lord" she did not say the Mother of My Lords human's nature, mothers don't bear nature's they bear persons. In this case she bears the Son of God, God the Son, second person of the trinity. So it moves from affirming Jesus as divine to, Mary's divine maternity. She is not the origination of God but she is the recipient of this extraordinary grace of divine Motherhood. [Scott Hahn]

If you think that having the Son of God and witnessing the most beautiful miracle in history, raising Him, feeding Him, keeping Him from harm was put to the side and they cave in to the flesh. Keeps being your interpretation, you seem to interpret out of secular world practices and seem to forget the greatest miracle that ever happened. God became Human! She had to be betrothed to St Joseph in order to have the lineage to king David as it is shown in the story of the census, that was to make the connection to fulfill the prophesy.

But you if you interpret this as a lottery ticket winner as most do, you can't see the true miracle that God has given us.

Dec 5, 2012
I get uncomfortable when someone says he believes this or that because that is what someone in a place of authority told him to believe. Frequently, people in places of authority don’t know what they are talking about. Remember the problems Jesus had with the religious leaders of his day?

It is our responsibility to read the teachings of Jesus, which are found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and obey him. Once we become adults, we don’t need anybody to tell us how to do that. Right?
Have you read any of their books to make this claim? I so which ones?