Who else plays guitar?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fillan

Oct 25, 2022
Mu uncle and I playing a Scottish Tune called 'Leaving Lismore', which is also used for a hymn 'Mallaig Sprinkling Song'. Hope you like this one and find it soothing :)

God Bless All :)

May 11, 2022
I would say, practice a little every day, but don't just practice the same old things, keep learning something new. What has helped me progress is to learn new songs with chords I've never played before. As you go along, you'll come across other songs which use those "new" chords too and you can practice them again.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I’ve been playing the guitar, but I haven’t made much progress. I have improved but I didn’t ever make the time to learn songs. I just play my own stuff, by ear. Originals.

I don’t know why, but I didn’t ever find a song I wanted to learn and then I just wanted to play my own songs.

So my method seems to be that I need to learn more chords, so that I am able to have more sounds in my songs. Only problem is I haven’t been able to do barre chords. 😒

It’s a peculiar way to the learn the guitar, but some people think it’s a good idea so that you don’t get stuck in someone else’s lane, and you pave your own style.
Barre chords are a pain. There are some youtube lessons on barre chord alternatives that will help. I started out with a few music books and a book of chords.

I discovered tabs a while ago. They can be helpful as they just tell you where to put your fingers. Its good for finger style, my preference.