Who Have You met that you are proud of?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
Marina Sertis. The most wonderful human (female) I have ever met. Wonderful, so cordial and kind. Yea, that's me then. lol I've also met Adrian Paul from Highlander, Martin Klebba from POTC. He was sooooo kind. He actually gave me condolences when I was on FB and my daughter-in-law passed away. Lots of fun too! I've met some not so nice "celebrities" too. My MOST favorite is Yeshua though. HE's the one brought me out of all the sadness I was in.
Marina Sertis and me 2012.JPG

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I wouldn't say I'm "proud" of it, but I met Alice Cooper once at Golfland (as it was called at the time) in Sherman Oaks, CA. It's now Castle Park I believe. I was working there and I went up and talked to him. I don't think he was too crazy to have a fan invading his space but I was a teenager and he was gracious and gave me an autograph. That place attracted a lot of celebrities and I saw a bunch of other people: Alan Alda, Tom Bosley, Dan Rowan and Dick Martin, Bob Newhart, Danny Bonaduce and James Seals of Seals and Crofts are the ones I remember.

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I met an elderly woman who, with her husband, went to pre-communist China to preach the Gospel. While there they became entangled in the communist revolution. They were forcibly separated and she was put in a cold, barren prison cell where she was forced to give birth to her daughter without assistance. By the grace of God alone, they both survived and were eventually liberated. She later established a program to help women imprisoned here in the US.

A few years later her daughter called me to tell me her mother had died, peacefully in sleep at an old age. She said, "Mom often spoke kindly of you." I still get tears.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Not really proud of meeting anyone.
I met Stephen Baldwin once, in all places, a Walmart.
This was during his phase of calling himself a Christian and having a traveling extreme sports ministry. I was calm and chill as meeting celebrities doesn't excitement like some others.
I approached him to talk about his ministry and he was quite rude and dismissive. A few other coworkers came up. After being rude to them as well he suddenly perked up and became 'friendly' to pass out ads to us for his upcoming book.
Haven't cared for him since. I probably wouldn't have been so bothered except he claimed to be a Christian, and then turned on fake friendliness to advertise.

I also met that fat guy that was on Lost. Never watched the show, so don't know his name. Met him a few times in a bookstore I worked at. He was super chill and quiet. But seemed a genuinely nice guy.
Chances are there were more celebs I met or saw at that bookstore as it was known to have celebs, musicians, actors, athletes, etc...
But I don't follow sports, mainstream music or actors.
Also, in Hollywood, I saw Kirstie Allie filming for her TV show. She was in a car being pulled by a truck and they circled the block a few times.

Apparently my older brother went to school with Bill Ray Cyrus, also.

My dad saw Colonel Sanders at an airport. Wearing that white outfit he was known for. He was near windows and was back-lit. Apparently that suit was Very thin and being back-lit made certain parts of him somewhat visible. 🫣

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
Not really proud of meeting anyone.

Apparently my older brother went to school with Bill Ray Cyrus, also.
🫣
My niece went to school with Drew Barrymore. they were "besties".... you wouldn't know it now. Drew never says hi to anyone here anymore.... like she's too good for us.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Back in the early 2000s I lived in Brad Pitt's hometown of Springfield, MO. I worked at a nursing home where his granny lived. My co-workers said he came to visit every Christmas; but I ended up going on the night shift before Christmas came around that year so I missed out. Got to see a lot of his granny though! lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My niece went to school with Drew Barrymore. they were "besties".... you wouldn't know it now. Drew never says hi to anyone here anymore.... like she's too good for us.
Who have I met that I'm proud of?

Tucker. He's the pastor's kid at our church. He grew up to be a preacher himself - not because people told him he should, but because he has a genuine ministry God wants him to do. He's in college now - not a bible college, but he is doing a good work in that college.

He turned 21 a few weeks ago and I gave him the highest compliment I could think of. "If Drew (younger brother) grows up to be like you, he will do well."

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
He only visited on Christmas? That is sooo sad!
Well, I don't know for sure. lol It was getting close to Christmas and they said he visited every Christmas. Maybe he came on Thanksgiving or other times, I really couldn't say.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
He only visited on Christmas? That is sooo sad!
Don't talk bad about TJ (Tucker.) He has a lot of fans around here. Believe me, it won't go well for you. :p