Who here as a teen.. loves to do grown up things?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cako53

hmmmm, i go to msu(missouri state university) already and i am only 14. my parents and other adults say that i am young and i should enjoy being young. this is my question, why is it so difficult for grown ups to see that young ppl can be serious!? it gets me mad, kids at my school make fun of me cuz i dont "date" until i known someone for at least a year. and i hate it when my dad says something completely rong, and when i say my oppinion, he says"SHUT UP! i LIVED IN THIS WORLD LONGER THAN YOU SO I KNOW MORE!" I HATE IT SO BAD. ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE AGE. OH AND AT MY CHURCH, YOU CANT GET BAPTIZED until you are 16! ugh........ but we just gotta understand, thats how they were raised.
I'm not saying your dad is right, nor am I saying that how he says it is right, but a BIG part of wisdom and knowledge is experiance. At a young age you can only get so smart, books only take you so far. I'm not saying you aren't smart, because God made me intelligent compared to my peers, but I am saying that a lot of knowledge comes from experiance. We need to learn from our elders.

Y

yoej_ogart

I'm not saying your dad is right, nor am I saying that how he says it is right, but a BIG part of wisdom and knowledge is experiance. At a young age you can only get so smart, books only take you so far. I'm not saying you aren't smart, because God made me intelligent compared to my peers, but I am saying that a lot of knowledge comes from experiance. We need to learn from our elders.
mmm.. I can agree with you about the experience.. but by his dad doing that to his son, shutting him down, just shows that he ain't so smart himself.. Knowledge maybe, but not by wisdom. There are always people out there learning things for a good amount of years, they end up being very knowledgeable. But sometimes they aren't wise.. So I agree with the respecting our elders, but in most cases? Definitely not learning from them.. Unless they are wise themselves.. Which in this case, his dad doesn't seem understanding about his son's capability of learning and adapting things quick.

C

Cako53

mmm.. I can agree with you about the experience.. but by his dad doing that to his son, shutting him down, just shows that he ain't so smart himself.. Knowledge maybe, but not by wisdom. There are always people out there learning things for a good amount of years, they end up being very knowledgeable. But sometimes they aren't wise.. So I agree with the respecting our elders, but in most cases? Definitely not learning from them.. Unless they are wise themselves.. Which in this case, his dad doesn't seem understanding about his son's capability of learning and adapting things quick.
I also never said that they are going to necesarily teach us straight out. We can learn from their bad examples. Seriously, do you know how many people I see and go ohh wow! I do not wnat to end up like that. Elders know a lot more then we give them credit for.

B

BeauBLESSED

Well, mine is not what I do but what I want to do! :)
I hope one day to be an assistant for the blind. I think that they would have so much to teach me, as they never judge others by appearance. It would be an enriching experience. ^_^

Dec 12, 2009
Well, mine is not what I do but what I want to do! :)
I hope one day to be an assistant for the blind. I think that they would have so much to teach me, as they never judge others by appearance. It would be an enriching experience. ^_^
That's awesome Beau. My uncle works with and teaches blind kids, and he loves it. And your right, blind people have so much to teach others.

L

limegreenone

I want to be a doctor and help sick kids someday. :)
In my life right now, though, I want to so something huge for the Lord. I feel like our culture, and even my church at times, discourages teens from following the dreams God has placed in their hearts and thinking outside ourselves to the great needs in this world. It's so easy to become complacent and try to satisfy ourselves with friends or technology or material possessions. It's scary to do something outside of your comfort zone, but I know I've let fear hold me back from doing things in the past.

I'm ready to change. I want to walk by faith, and find out God's exciting plan for me! We can do great things for Him, even while we're still teens.

R

RubberDuckie

It's hard to say because many adults are not capable of what we teens can do. But many are, and many teens aren't wise.. but yet smart in their way. I'm sorry if i'm not making any sense lol.. but have you ever just wanna travel and do ministry instead of doing childish things like playing games or something?
Amen! I know it!

Also..I LOVE talking with grown-ups about religion and about teens and how stupid some kida can be haha! Also about politics and history.Does that count? And they tell me I'm too old to be 18 :p When will they realize most kids are smarter than they think!

ty

Banned
Feb 11, 2010
i know what yall are sayin but what most of yall have failed to realize or shouid i say faled to mention is that you want to do these grown up things yet you dont wanna do the grown up work. i am 18 graduated high school 2 months after i turned16and i was already workin full time. now i wish i would of stayed a kid for a while longer now i have money but no friends my age and really am pretty much just stayin to myself most f the time .so i will give yall the little bit of advice i can and tell yall to be kids as long as yall can because we will only be kids for so long then we have to be adults most of our lives and it aint as easy as yall think it is

B

BeauBLESSED

That's awesome Beau. My uncle works with and teaches blind kids, and he loves it. And your right, blind people have so much to teach others.
Lucky guy!! X3