Who is Father God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gazza21

Hi guys :) I have had this problem for all my Christian walk really, but who is Father God. Not just biblically but personalty. I get who Jesus is in my life and I get who the Holy Spirit is. I have had so many blessing and revelations in my 5 years as a Christian and my life has completely changed and I love Him so much. But it is an issue that has to be resolved in my walk with Him as I want to know Him as much as I can. Please pray I have a revelation on who the Father is in my own life. Thanks and any help would be muchly appreciated :)

Spartacus1122

Banned [Reason: insulting CC admin in previous pos
Jun 9, 2012
... you mean God the Father?
Him, Christ, and the Holy Spirit are one and the same. So if you love Jesus, you love God. If you have come to know Jesus, you have done the same with God.

Christ's mission was to take us beyond the Old Testament, into a new Testament, a new allegiance with God. Hence why we move from a vengeful and often angry God, to an all-loving and compassionate image of God, through Christ our Savior.

Cheers! :D

B

babyboyblue

If you know Jesus you know the Father. Scripture tells us that Jesus came to do the will of the Father (He that sent Him), so the work that was carried out by Jesus was/is the will of God the Father.

John 14:8-10

9 ... he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;...

P

Philos

It'll take an eternity for you to find out lol

Father God is... just that, a Father, the best of the best. Concerning the person of the Father, no one was a greater example than the Lord Himself, He walked in the image of the Father perfectly, so literally to see Him is to see the Father. He's the best example of how God is love, and He really is.

Concerning everything else, well He's God, a Holy and High God, all of that you can't understand so easily lol Even angels still do not fully get it. I'm glad you asked for a revelation :) That's a good thing, cuz it's only be revelation we can get who God is. Know, though, you cannot know the father apart from knowing the Son, but I think you know that, and that is a lot of knows lol.

Blu_Bug

Banned: consistant JW herecy
Jun 15, 2012
Hi guys :) I have had this problem for all my Christian walk really, but who is Father God. Not just biblically but personalty. I get who Jesus is in my life and I get who the Holy Spirit is. I have had so many blessing and revelations in my 5 years as a Christian and my life has completely changed and I love Him so much. But it is an issue that has to be resolved in my walk with Him as I want to know Him as much as I can. Please pray I have a revelation on who the Father is in my own life. Thanks and any help would be muchly appreciated :)

You'll Find your answer in Psalms 83:18

Blu_Bug

Jun 15, 2012

Just a side note: Next time you pray, pay attention to who you pary to, you ever start out a Prayer tot he Holy Spirit? Or Jesus? Or are your prayers to the Most High God, the Father of Jesus. There is a requirment in a prayer that you must acknowledge Gods Son at the end for it to be heard........ Jesus is the Mediator between man & GOD

G

Gazza21

Hi thanks for your answers :) Yes I do pray to Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

I think I should be more specific in what I mean by who is God the Father in my own life. Jesus is my saviour, my intercessor, my Lord and King. The Holy Spirit is my comforter, the one who convicts me of sin and make the plans for my life. So what is it exactly the Father does in my life? I know that sounds so bad to say it like that but I don't know how to put it any other way :(.

G

Gazza21

Obviously Jesus and the Holy Spirit (I know they are the same person) do more, just said a few :)

Jun 1, 2011
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

( Genesis 1:1-2 )

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
( Isaiah 44:24 )

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. ( Isaiah 45:18 )

Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee. ( Nehemiah 9:6 )

Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?
( Malachi 2:10 )

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. ( John 1:10 )

The scriptures reveal that God created the world and that Jesus created the world.We know that we do not have two creators but can only conclude that God, the Father of creation, was in Jesus Christ.

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
( 2 Corinthians 5:18-20 )

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
( John 14:6-13 )

I and my Father are one.
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
( John 10:30-33 )

I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.
Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
( John 8:18-29 )

Whether God is manifested as The Father, the source of all things, or The Son as our Savior or The Holy Ghost in the heart of a believer, it does not make Him three eternal Gods. It is only revealing the different functions or manifestations of The One True God to bring about salvation.

darryl2

Banned: ongoing JW heresy
Jul 2, 2012
hi how you doing i got some good info for you......Jehovah, the God is the father
Just one God created Universe, the Almighty, wise, upright, and loving heavenly Father. He disclosed his name in the Bible, the name is Jehovah (Isaiah 42:8). Nowhere does the Bible teach that God is a Trinity. Rather, it teaches that there is only one true God and eternal. “Jehovah our God is one Jehovah”. (Deuteronomy 6:4) Trinity teaching has it's roots in ancient mythology, not in Bible. God is the only to be worshipped. Jesus taught his disciples to sanctify the name of the Father. (Matthew 6:9)

E

enochson

I will stand on what he said he is ALL IN ALL (the whole of everthing the whole of everything) AMEN AMEN!

Blu_Bug

Jun 15, 2012
hi how you doing i got some good info for you......Jehovah, the God is the father
Just one God created Universe, the Almighty, wise, upright, and loving heavenly Father. He disclosed his name in the Bible, the name is Jehovah (Isaiah 42:8). Nowhere does the Bible teach that God is a Trinity. Rather, it teaches that there is only one true God and eternal. “Jehovah our God is one Jehovah”. (Deuteronomy 6:4) Trinity teaching has it's roots in ancient mythology, not in Bible. God is the only to be worshipped. Jesus taught his disciples to sanctify the name of the Father. (Matthew 6:9)
Accurate Knowledge builds faith and always allow man TO WALK IN THE TRUTH... Well written

Dec 19, 2009
We have one Creator. Jesus called him “Father.”

I believe our Creator came to earth in the form of a human being and called himself Jesus.

I believe when our Creator communicates directly to us with his spirit, his spirit is called the “Holy Spirit.”

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hi thanks for your answers :) Yes I do pray to Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

I think I should be more specific in what I mean by who is God the Father in my own life. Jesus is my saviour, my intercessor, my Lord and King. The Holy Spirit is my comforter, the one who convicts me of sin and make the plans for my life. So what is it exactly the Father does in my life? I know that sounds so bad to say it like that but I don't know how to put it any other way :(.
I never had a father, so God Our Father is the only Father I know.
And He trully is all that a perfect father is.
He is everything and more, and in Him you will find great love , protection, care, chasticement, His right hand always close and holding yours, great might and power, gentleness and quietness, humor and laughter, and a love so wonderous and giving, that it will take eternity to know. :)
Just do as He says," be still and know that I am God".
One of my fave scriptures is: man may plan his course, but God determines his steps.

God bless
pickles

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
JEHOVAH came to earth as CHRIST, died for our sins
and rose the third day.

JEHOVAH has 365 names.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UQf9zZBzv4[/video]

K

kensapp

The Father is the creator, most powerful, the most loving and merciful God.

B

Beloved57

John 16:23-24
23) And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing, Verily, Verily, I say unto you, whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My Name, He shall give it you.
24) Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

When making petitions we are to pray to our Heavenly Father. I see no problem with praying to Jesus or the Holy Spirit our communicating with them in prayer, but if we ask for something, we should ask the Father, in the Name of the Son.

And just as a man and woman our equal, yet in a marriage the man is the head, so Christ Jesus and God are equal, but because Jesus Christ became God-Man, His Head is God the Father. (I Corinthians 11:3). Because the Word became Flesh (John 1:1;14), the Word who always has been God, how subjected Himself unto the Father, by literally becoming a Man making Him the Son of God, but this Man, called many to be His brothers and sisters (Hebrews 2:9-14; Psalms 22:22), by believing in Him. When we believe in Him, not only are we His siblings, but we are Adopted in the Family of God, and become children and heirs of God (Romans 8:13-15; Galatians 4:5-7). Many Christians called God, Daddy, for this is what Abba, means and it is an term of endearment. I don't know about you but when I was young child and someone hurt me, I didn't go to my father and say father dearest, but rather daddy.

So who is God the Father, the One, who because of His Son, adopted us into His Family and the One who we are to direct our petition too.