Who is Gog?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 19, 2011
No Bible scholar knows exactly the identification of this Gog , the leader of Russia in this end of age prophecy. Most scholars attempt to identify him as a human leader that will lead Russia into an attack on Israel at the end of time. However the most serious objection is found in revelations 20:7-8, where we see Gog appearing again , leading another nation or nations into battle one last time again after Jesus Millennial reign. If the original Gog of Ezekiel 38 is a human , how can he be seen again after the Millennial reign leading nations again? Turnto the book of Daniel chapter 10 . In this chapter , the prophet Daniel begins praying to God for more understanding aboutthe future prophetic history of his beloved nation , Israel. We see that God gives an angel the answer to Daniel prayer the very first day Daniel prayed. Yet he was prevented from reaching Daniel for three whole weeks ! What could have happened to keep a Godly angel from reaching earth for three weeks. We get the answer in verse 13; But the Prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days but lo Michael , one of the cheif princes, came to help me and I remained was not needed anymore there with the kings of Persia. This passage tells us that this Godly angel was attacked by a demonic being that was more powerful than the angel and kept him from reaching Daniel for three whole weeks. Furthermore we see that the only way this angel could get victory over this demonic being was to call for help from Michael, the guardian angel responsible for the defence of Israel. BUT then , this angel says something even more shocking In verse 20 , he says that once he returns he will have to join an ongoing fight between Godly angels and demonic beings for the PRINCE of Persia and the PRINCE of Greece. THE KINGDOM OF GREECE, at the time of this writing was not even in existance! Thus , we get an understanding that in the Heavenly sphere, both Godly angles and ungodly beings are fighting for nations long before the time is come for that nation to step on to the wold scene. Now notice that these demonic being are referred to as PRINCES in Daniel 10 OK lets read Ezekiel 38 Thus saith the Lord God, Behold I am against thee O Gog , the chief PRINCE of Meshech and Tubal. Thew true picture of what is being spoken of here is that both God and Satan have assigned their supernatural emissaries to stay close to the human leaders of individual nations throughout history The angel attemts to move the kings to make decisions that will implement Gods plan , while the demonic beings will attempt to influence the kings to make decisions that will serve Lucifers purposes. This picture shows Gog hovering close to the human leader of Russia ensuring that the decisions he makes and thoughts of his mind move the nation into Satans orbit.. God will ultimately destroy the armed forces Gog is bringing against Israel, even destroying the land of Gog Magog .....Russia herself. Gog will thus have led the human Russian leader directly into the greatest of national disasters, as God destroys the armed forces and the nation itself. It seems that Gog is out of a job RIGHT? And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prision , who does he bring back with himmmmmmmmmmmmm???????? You got it Prince GOG.....! Jesus bless Israel is Gods time clock

Jul 19, 2011
And it will come about on that day that I shall give Gog a burial ground there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea, and it will block off the passers-by. So they will bury Gog there with all his multitude, and they will call it the valley of Hamon-gog. For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them in order to cleanse the land. Even all the people of the land will bury them; and it will be to their renown on the day that I glorify Myself,� declares the Lord God.
Ezekiel 39:11–13
The Valley where Gogs army will be buried is on the east side of the Dead Sea in whats is today JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!! Why does God call Jordan >>>>>>>>> Israel, Very-Very interesting , Did God make a mistake???? I think not so whats up with that?

L

Laodicea

Gog in Revelation 20 is Satan Magog is his followers

Jul 19, 2011
NO!>>>>>>>>> Revelation20 ?????? Satan >>>>>> Lucifer >>in all the Bible is never called What you want>sorry ... Gog Magog are Princes of Lucuifer.. Jesus Bless Israel Is Gods Time Line.

R

R3V07UTI0N

Gog Magog is the last war after Satan gets released from the lake of fire for a while after the 1000 year reign with the Lord to tempt those who are not loyal so he can take more people to the bottomless pit but after that it's eternity in hell or heaven for every one

Jul 19, 2011
I think not >>> you should Learn prophecy!.>>>>>>>>Jesus Bless>1948!

R

R3V07UTI0N

My bad Rant I was referring to Gog and Magog in Revelation 20: 7-9

7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea
9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city, and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

L

Lad

I personally believe gog and magog are simply references to the people living in the world during the 1000 year reign who didnt die in armageddon and who arent christians

G

Gimzani

Gog and Magog are the nations that oppose Israel in the vally of Har Meggido

Armageddon

Shalom